2buddy4u
Site Admin

November 19th, 2016, 9:24 pm #11

Well that almost makes sense now...but I'm just not sure that the Dad she met is for real. There is definitely a connection with her and
Flynn...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 19th, 2016, 10:29 pm #12

I was wondering if they are gonna muck up the timelines to the point were there are mutually exclusive events. Like, saving Lucy's sister means Wyatt's wife stays dead. And also, what if Flynn is from one timeline (where, say, originally he WAS married to Lucy's mom and she IS his daughter) and now with her sister gone, "she" is also gone in this new timeline, only preserved because she was in the big sphere thingy. So her DNA isn't matching Rittenhouse dude, even though he and her mom did have a daughter they think is still Lucy. Did that make sense?

I'm hearing a lot of buzz from folks I wouldn't think would watch this, like my very not-geeky sister, and my mom. If so, they are gonna have to dance a very razor sharp line between nonsense history/dumbed down, or wrongheaded history, and boring realistic history while they keep the stories exciting. My non-college educated non-geeky sister said, "I don't wanna watch something that's gonna make me dumber than I already am." :D (She's not dumb, was a business-tech associate degree person focused on the workaday world, and now wishes she had a more broad, liberal-in-the-old-sense education. If the show is appealing to those kinds of people, they need to respect them, and yet also hold onto actual history buffs for cred. imo
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

November 19th, 2016, 11:53 pm #13

E-vol Rittenhouse guy being her father leaves room for the theory that Flynn is Lucy's future husband. He could also be a half-sibling, I suppose.

Good scene Flynn with explaining to Wyatt why he's time-traveling and establishing that they have some kind of common bond.

I'm still not very invested in their missions but at least now we know why Flynn is going to those points in history. If they disrupt the past too much, it may make their present and future unrecognizable. If they always save the day with little collateral damage, it all feels too convenient.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 23rd, 2016, 4:36 pm #14

Fort Duquesne!

<3

ETA

My undergrad degree is from Duquesne University. :P

http://www.duq.edu/assets/images/Homepa ... Campus.jpg

Tall buildings in top of frame blocking the site of Fort Pitt/Fort Duquesne.
Last edited by KMInfinity on November 23rd, 2016, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

November 24th, 2016, 1:06 am #15

Did I miss anything of significance? I forgot to record it and I probably don't want to sit through the commercials that will come with NBC OD. They didn't put a review up on AV Club, which I thought was odd.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 24th, 2016, 3:27 am #16

Well I loved liked the Pgh setting (in 1754).

Some forward character development as the team stumbles along learning to trust and bond. Rufus offered to die by Shawnee execution with the white folks, which bought him team cred from Wyatt (when the female chief then released them all thanks to Rufus' honorableness). Wyatt discussed fate vs free will with Lucy, who is worried about her diary, and seems to think being spiritual means being fatalistic.

Rufus was kissed by the tech girl he likes.

The woman scientist program director is becoming suspicious.

http://nerdist.com/timeless-recap-stran ... la-behind/
This recap follows my personal line of thinking.
Last edited by KMInfinity on November 24th, 2016, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

November 24th, 2016, 3:42 am #17

Would a "real life" version of pretty boy Wyatt ever have a thoughtful discussion about fate and free will? Probably only on television. Sounds interesting, though. Maybe I'll put the show on in the background and listen for that conversation.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 24th, 2016, 2:24 pm #18

Well, I TRY to be openminded about certain stereotypes, because I do know some pretty, military style conservatives who have thoughtful conversations. I do. :P

bilki
Site Admin

November 24th, 2016, 7:54 pm #19

Maybe I'm just grumbling because it seems like I find thoughtful conversations in fiction more than in real life. And while I'm sure there are some pretty people out there who are capable, Matt Lanter hasn't brought much substance to Wyatt. Perhaps Lucy's presence bumps up his intelligence level?

After all of the bickering, I thought it was funny how nice they were being to each other when they believed the Native Americans were going to kill them. But wouldn't being killed make it difficult for Flynn to be using a journal from Lucy's future?

Lucy must have watched a lot of television when she was young, lol.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 25th, 2016, 4:24 pm #20

Yeah, at some point they will have to explore the "fixed points" of Dr. Who, or the Multiverse theory with multiple timelines, or the much more limited single fated final timeline, which they seem to have already implied doesn't exist.