Mandy Moore -- Rebecca
Sterling K. Brown -- Randall
Chrissy Metz -- Kate
Justin Hartley -- Kevin
Susan Kelechi Watson -- Beth
Chris Sullivan -- Toby
and Ron Cephas Jones -- William Hill

--

I haven't watched #2 (aired last night) yet, but probably will later today.

Order upped to a full season of 18 yesterday.

bilki
Site Admin

September 29th, 2016, 12:48 am #2

Is 18 episodes the standard for the major networks these days?

After his enthusiasm for the babies last week, I liked that the father had developed an alcohol problem eight years later. Real life is more difficult than those fairy tale dreams.

Also liked that Randall had grown to be a self-tormenting perfectionist, likely because he felt like he had to live up to a higher standard than the two siblings.

I believe that the brother is only a mediocre actor who is stupid enough to try to quit a contract job with a network and run off to New York to do theater. The kind of show I'd want to watch is one in which he's somehow forced into keeping that high-paying job.

I'm a little disappointed that the sister has been so heavily defined by feeling sorry for herself over her weight problem. It would have been nice for them to show us her talking to Randall on the phone about all of their problems in LA rather than just telling us about it. Perhaps her relationship with Randall brings about a more confident side of herself?

Dax
Site Admin

September 29th, 2016, 1:01 am #3

Nah, 22 is still the standard. Some big ensemble shows might do 24. Stars-wanting-lighter-schedules (Viola Davis and HTGAWM; previously, Kevin Bacon on The Following) may do as few as 15...

Here, creator Dan Fogelman designed the show to have shorter, cable-like seasons. He was eyeing 16, it was adjusted up a bit to 18.

>> “We are thrilled. This order for a complete first season of 18 episodes is exactly what we’d wanted and hoped for,” Fogelman said. “We’d carefully mapped out an 18-chapter story for the first year of the show, and this allows us to follow through with our exact initial intent. And to get the order so early on is a tremendous show of confidence and a boost for our entire cast and crew.”

KMInfinity
Site Admin

September 29th, 2016, 8:49 pm #4

When is this actually on? I did a dvr search and nothing. I caught it last week on Saturday, and the dvr said it was repeating tomorrow (Friday the 30th)but because that was a repeat I couldn't serialize the season from that episode. weird.
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

September 29th, 2016, 9:05 pm #5

Tuesdays at 10 on NBC.