~The Young & The Restless Spoilers & Discussion~

2buddy4u
Site Admin

10:48 PM - Dec 23, 2016 #1

2017 preview from Soap Opera Digest

Victor zeroes in on a new passion to pursue.

Nick and Chelsea's special connection is challenged by misread intentions.

Sharon and Dylan struggle for normalcy.

Billy steps up to help Victoria.

Victoria proves she is Victor Newman's daughter when it comes to business.

Jill is angered by someone who will then pay a price.

Lauren reaches out to old friends for help.

Gloria meddles in her sons' relationships.

Mariah and Hilary's rivalry cranks up.

Devon's marriage is tested.

Neil will be there for his family when both Devon and Lily make changes.

The secret of Bella's father will cause tension for Chloe and Kevin.

Ashley will mentor Ravi, who will be a positive platonic influence on her.

Abby seeks an outlet for her talent and skills.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

2:41 PM - Dec 31, 2016 #2

Spoilers for the week of January 2nd

Mon 1/2
Dylan takes on a dangerous assignment; Victoria's world is shaken; Devon battles for his life.

Tue 1/3
Victor gets in touch with Reed; Lily thinks Hilary is to blame for Devon's accident; Mariah takes control at GC Buzz.

Wed 1/4
Nikki wants answers from Paul; Ashley sets Ravi straight; Jack strikes a nerve with Billy.

Thu 1/5
Nick and Chelsea talk about their kiss; Phyllis appreciates her independence; Lauren keeps things from Michael.

Fri 1/6
Victoria sets limits with Billy; Neil talks to Hilary about her lie; Gloria takes advantage of a secret.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

11:10 AM - Jan 05, 2017 #3

Ok so I'm caught up except for Weds. show (SHOCKING, i know lol) and I have a few thoughts.

The writing definitely took a drastic turn with the new regime. At least the characters sound like themselves again, mostly. There are 2 major exceptions to that....Jack and Victor. WTF is up with Victor turning into a marshmallowy cream puff overnight? Really he's now retiring and spending his time calling Nikki baby and cooing at the children, huh? I get that he needed some redeeming but this is just too much. I wonder how EB feels about this sudden turn of events. And Jack is now a mean, indignant bully with no conscience. Did the new writers get their script names mixed up or what. Its very weird to me.

Yay for Lauren finally getting story!

Happy Gloria is back.

Not sure yet how I feel about Nick/Chelsea, i dont see much chemistry there.

I enjoyed the New Years gala, that felt like a good old soapy thing. Glad Mariah finally got one over on Hillary, I was getting tired of the catty back and forth over the silly show. That s/l has a little more bite to it now at least they have real reasons to hate each other.

The Devon accident creates some interesting drama.

So is that the end of Dylan and he's just gone or are they going to kill him off? I think its fine either way as long as he stays gone.

I'm not sold on the new kid drooling over Ashley. It would have made more sense for him to drool after Abby at least.

Not sure why they SORASed Reed. There are no other kids his age and the few younger-ish girls there are he's related to. I dont hate the kid playing him though, so we'll see.

So far I see improvements but theres still a ways to go.

bilki
Site Admin

3:48 AM - Jan 06, 2017 #4

I'm only seeing bits and pieces but the big change with Victor feels like a misstep. Just plain silly. It makes me think Sussman is trying to show EB who's boss now. I can't imagine that he likes it much at all but I've been wrong before.

I've read some comments about Jack resorting to his old Smilin' Jack ways but haven't seen it myself.

But what about that episode from 1984? OMG! I was in nostalgia heaven! And it was so cool that they let us see Brenda Dickson's Jill again.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

2:44 PM - Jan 06, 2017 #5

I believe "Dylan" has a few more scenes left before he leaves.

Wow...how did i miss the episode from 1984??? Would have loved to see that.

bilki
Site Admin

4:32 PM - Jan 07, 2017 #6

The 1984 episode aired last Friday. The 30th. Victor and Nikki's wedding. So many faces from the 80s!

2buddy4u
Site Admin

5:14 AM - Jan 08, 2017 #7

Spoilers for the week of January 9th

Monday, January 9
Lauren confesses to Michael.
Phyllis opens up to Billy.
Jack keeps his actions secret.

Tuesday, January 10
Victor makes an significant decision.
Chloe stuns Kevin.
Gloria is up to her old games.

Wednesday, January 11
Dylan returns.
Abby discovers a new passion.
Nick is at his limit.

Thursday, January 12
Kevin is forced to help Gloria.
Nick faces Sharon.
Lauren suspects corporate sabotage.

Friday, January 13
Victoria faces Jill.
Devon feels the after-effects of his accident.
Lily has to play nice.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

5:16 AM - Jan 08, 2017 #8

All My Children Alum Walt Willey Joins Y&R as Sharon's Father?

Well, here's some good news for 'All My Children' fans - Rumor has it that AMC alum Walt Willey [ex-Jackson "Jack" Montgomery] has been cast on 'The Young and the Restless' as Aaron Collins. Same rumor states that Aaron is the estranged father of Sharon McAvoy [Sharon Case], who makes his appearance in February, 2017.

Willey is well known for his role as Jack Montgomery on 'All My Children' and also for his famous pairing with Susan Lucci's Erica Kane. Willey played the role from1987 - 2011. If this is infact true - will Sharon and her father have a good reunion when they come face-to-face in the new year? Tune in to 'Y&R' weekdays on CBS to see what happens.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

10:51 AM - Jan 08, 2017 #9

Thanks 2buddy!

I like Walt Willey but I have really had enough Sharon for awhile. They really need to give her a rest. She has been frontburner for so long with all her angst I get exhausted every time she comes on the screen. It seems like they should have done this story a long time ago though.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

2:23 PM - Jan 08, 2017 #10

YW
Personally I think the new writers are doing a better job keeping everyone involved in something. There really isn't anyone that's on the back burner right now. Of course the cast isn't really that big...