~The Young & The Restless Spoilers & Discussion~

2buddy4u
Site Admin

June 1st, 2016, 12:31 pm #1

Y&R preview for the summer of 2016

• Genoa City will be rocked by an "epic affair". A familiar face returns and this character will be bringing a legacy link to town with him/her. All of this will cause various characters to launch into more romances and emotional tangles.
• Elizabeth Hendrickson returns fulltime as Chloe.
• Pratt says one family will undergo a shocking change that nobody -- nobody at all -- will see coming. There will be the birth of a new family. And there will be the return of another family.

Victoria/Billy/Phyllis
• Victoria is caught between Travis, Billy, and disasters at Newman Enterprises. Someone unexpected gives Victoria a push she needs.
• Pratt refers to Billy as the "lifelong destiny love" of Victoria. Pratt hints that a family needs to find its way back together. Both Billy and Victoria have their heads spinning. Pratt also says that some loves have fires that continue burning and never go out.
• Affairs usually come with a price to pay. When the wrong person learns of Phyllis and Billy's connection, her marriage and their romance hang in the balance.

Hilary/Jack/Ashley/Devon/Lily
• How far will Hilary go? She gets closer to Jack. Will her naked ambition sabotage them?
• Ashley continues to keep an eye on Hilary. In the rivalry between Hilary and Ashley, Ashley holds strong. There will be some surprising twists in the drug company storyline.
• How much will Devon be able to take? Can he forget, can he forgive?
• Lily will do anything to get Hilary out of Devon's life.

Lily/Cane
• Cane goes back to his roots and finds himself in a seat of power. Lily loves her husband's new fire, and their love deepens. Cane may go too far when he is in the power seat.

Nikki/Victor/Adam
• Nikki faces a tough decision: whether she should let Victor go once and for all.
• Victor feels isolated from his family and is determined to put his fractured family back together.
• Adam is aware that Victor is manipulating him. How will Adam react?
• Adam will have to make a terrible choice: Will he allow himself to be pulled down into Victor's level? Adam faces a pull back to his own dark side. Or will he choose happiness with Connor and Chelsea? He will have to make a choice that will alter his life forever.

Luca/Summer
• Luca, whose ambition is to be a Newman, realizes he's genuinely fallen for Summer. Is this a snag in his plan?

Abby/Stitch/Max
• Abby and Stitch deal with the emotions of yearning and regrets, while trying to make it work as a family with Max.

Kevin/Mariah/Natalie and Kevin/Dylan/Mystery
• Kevin seems to be hopelessly torn between the two women. He is also working hard to assist Dylan with a case. Suddenly, Kevin encounters a new mystery.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

June 3rd, 2016, 6:13 pm #2

Young and the Restless Rumor Alert: Is Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps OUT?

The social media rumor mill is abuzz with the speculation that a famed “Young and the Restless” Executive Producer is on her way out the door.

A blind item on Daytime Confidential about a showrunner on his or her way out got people speculating that the exec in question is Jill Farren Phelps. Big wigs have been making a case against her due to declining ratings and viewer discontent.

If the rumors are true, it seems there will be no love lost between Phelps and fans. In fact, viewers were so overjoyed Thursday night when the speculation hit Twitter that the hashtag #JFPisFiredParty started trending.

Phelps came to Y&R in 2012. Over the last four years, the 11-time Emmy winner has been involved in multiple actor departures, replaced the previous writing team, and made the controversial decision to bring in former show-running partner Charles Pratt Jr.

Fans have blamed the Phelps for the firing of fan favorite Michael Muhney (ex-Adam) and the shocking departures of much-loved actors like Billy Miller (ex-Billy) and Michelle Stafford (ex-Phyllis). Fans were also up in arms when actress Sage (Kelly Sullivan) was recently killed.

What would a Phelps’ exit mean for the future of the show? Earlier this year, CBS execs brought legendary British Producer Mal Young to the team. Young is known for his work on “EastEnders” and “Dr. Who” and is famous for presenting the first lesbian kiss on a daytime drama.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

June 3rd, 2016, 6:57 pm #3

I always feel bad for wishing anyone to lose their job, but JFP deserves to be fired for what she has done to Y&R. Its no secret how much I dislike her so I do hope this is true. Not sure how much will change though if Pratt is allowed to continue as HW. Either way I guess one less hack is better than no change at all.

bilki
Site Admin

June 3rd, 2016, 10:54 pm #4

There was plenty of speculation that it could be Frank Valentini, as well, and the silhouette on the blind item post looked like a male. The funny thing was that the clues to who it is seemed like they could apply to any of the EPs running the hour long soaps.

I wonder when the ax is going to fall.....

tx_kittybelle

June 4th, 2016, 4:46 am #5

I haven't watched since sage was killed off. I guess I haven't missed much either.

2buddy4u
Site Admin

June 4th, 2016, 12:13 pm #6

Spoilers for the week of June 6th

Mon Jun 6
Billy is blindsided by Phyllis' latest move; Stitch and Abby are faced with a tough decision; Hilary keeps a secret from Devon.

Tue Jun 7
Victoria accuses Victor of sabotage; Dylan is suspicious of Sharon; Nick confronts Summer about her relationship with Luca.

Wed Jun 8
Adam sides with an enemy to save himself; Victoria makes amends with Travis; Michael gives Chelsea a reality check.

Thu Jun 9
Dylan and Paul make a shocking discovery; Summer surprises Luca; Nick and Phyllis join forces.

Fri Jun 10
Ashley is backed into a corner; Hilary gets Jack's attention; Billy wants Phyllis to come clean.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

June 5th, 2016, 8:46 am #7

tx_kittybelle wrote:I haven't watched since sage was killed off. I guess I haven't missed much either.
Nope you haven't missed much. Victor is still a delusional jerk behind bars. Hillary is still a social climbing witch. Summer is still a dumb sniveling brat. Sharon is still a whackadoodle who needs smacked. Phyllis and Billy are messing around. Adam got arrested again. Victoria still needs someone to buy her a hairbrush.....yep same old same old in Genoa City.

P.S. Hope you are on high ground down there and staying safe with all the flooding.

tx_kittybelle

June 6th, 2016, 9:15 pm #8

glad to know I haven't missed much. yea luckily we haven't gotten any flood damage. but ppl I know have had to evacuate and have lost stuff from flooding. thanx for askin jbrr1212.

bilki
Site Admin

June 6th, 2016, 10:58 pm #9

Here's a story about SONY that seems to indicate that JFP is the EP that is on the chopping block...
http://highlighthollywood.com/2016/06/s ... by-lynton/

The most important part of the article...
wrote:Lynton’s staffers frown on calling Mosko a genius of the TV division, something he’s touted on his own behalf to anyone who would listen over the past year. “Mosko put his crony Steve Kent in control of Daytime and it’s been downhill since. Michael [Lynton] is furious at the latest numbers coming out of ‘Y&R’ and ‘Days.’ It’s obvious Steve Kent had a grudge and he used his power to push the Bells out of ‘Y&R,’ only to totally screw it up with Jill Farren Phelps. But now that Mosko is gone, Kent won’t be sleeping at night like a baby anymore. He had no fear of his job as long as Mosko was in charge, but all of that changes now. There need to be serious changes with the entire TV division, but the Daytime division is flat,” an insider close to Lynton tells us.

When pressed that Lynton can’t just put all of this on Mosko, and that he also knew Kent was close to Jill Farren Phelps, who is known in Daytime TV as the “soap killer,” the staffer obviously defended Lynton, placing all the blame on Mosko and Kent for the colossal messes both “The Young and the Restless” and “Days of Our Lives” have become. When pressed if Lynton is going to let Kent go and therefore remove Jill Farren Phelps’s protector, we were told, “the heads are not finished rolling out the studio gates just yet. Something has to change. The days of propaganda propping up these incompetent people around here and their cronies has come to an end.”

2buddy4u
Site Admin

June 7th, 2016, 3:36 am #10

Wow, thanks Bilki. I always wondered why the Bells were pushed out of their own family creation. The article is right on about the decline of Y&R, no matter how the numbers look. Good to know that JFP's reputation follows her, which makes no sense why they would turn around and give her the reins of the #1 soap, does it??