The Walking Dead

Dax
Site Admin

July 10th, 2015, 7:40 pm #1

Last edited by Dax on September 10th, 2015, 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 26th, 2015, 2:35 pm #2

Furious that the internet ruined last nights episode for me before I could even drink my first cup of coffee. I try to watch some stuff immediately after it airs so I don't have to deal with commercials but Sunday nights are so jammed pack that there is no way I can watch it all. Ugh!

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

bilki
Site Admin

October 26th, 2015, 10:18 pm #3

Yeah, I can see it being tough to have avoided the news about Glenn. I popped in over at PreTV just to get a little taste of all the fire and fury. Oddly enough, they didn't list him "In Memoriam" part of Talking Dead. I wonder if he's going to turn up as a zombie.

I was mildly shocked but not at all moved by what happened. I like Glenn but I didn't form an attachment to him like some of the characters.

Dax
Site Admin

October 26th, 2015, 11:14 pm #4

I was not spoiled on the identity (though I did guess it would be Glenn), but I did see a few upset people in other time zones on facebook... none of my friends 'broke the rules', though...

I don't think they'll 'cheat' and have Glenn live... because even if you subscribe to the (popular... and reasonable) theory that those were the other guy's guts being ripped out, and not Glenn's... his situation STILL does not look at all survivable.

I do expect to see him as a walker. Sure. Gimple's statement that we'd see him again... yeah, I'm thinking that's how. (But a report that Yeun is still in Georgia filming the second half of the season... I don't know what to think about that, except... weird)

Good action in all three episodes so far.

I think next week's Morgan spotlight episode should be really good... but I DO hope we're not waiting 'til #5 to get the 'dead or not' resolution on Glenn. Kinda suspect they WILL make us wait another week. Oh, well...

bilki
Site Admin

October 27th, 2015, 12:28 am #5

I was just reading an article that was explaining how Glenn could still be alive. It seems like more people are hoping for this kind of resolution. If he's going to show up as a Walker, it does seem like a good way for the show to piss people off all over again.

Damon Lindelof saying he didn't want the show to wiggle out of Glenn being dead on Talking Dead is funny.

I think all the ruckus over whether Glenn is dead or not is more interesting than the episode itself.
Last edited by bilki on October 27th, 2015, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

October 27th, 2015, 1:13 am #6

Last edited by Dax on October 27th, 2015, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 27th, 2015, 11:23 pm #7

I am actually watching and not fast-forwarding much although my husband still won't watch the show. I thought the first two episodes were very strong and I was particularly impressed with the second one I guess because I really like Carol. Her dressing up like a ninja or something was really cool. This last one was good but in my opinion not as good as the first two. I really was sort of so so with my opinions or attachments of Glen and I have to say that I would rather him go than many of the other characters. Except I still wouldn't mind if they killed off Rick or his idiot son. I have really gotten attached to Carol and Daryl other than that I guess I'm really not attached to any of the other main characters. Although I'm really fond of the guy who used to be in Southland I don't even know the name of the actor the big guy with red hair. I can't see how Glen could have survived that under any circumstances. I knew somebody was going to be killed but I didn't know who and if I had to pick somebody I guess I would have sacrificed him over many of the others.

bilki
Site Admin

October 28th, 2015, 4:44 am #8

wrote:Although I'm really fond of the guy who used to be in Southland I don't even know the name of the actor the big guy with red hair.
I think you're talking about Abraham (Michael Cudlitz)....but I had to look him up because I still forget some of their names.

I didn't care much for the first episode of this season but I thought EP2 was pretty damn good. Probably because I love it when Carol gets to be a bad ass. Didn't care much for this last episode, either. I was only half watching until Nicholas shot himself in the head, which was just about the end of the episode.

At this point, Carol is the character I care about the most. Michonne would be next in line. I do like Daryl but they haven't done much with him lately. I wouldn't care if Rick died but I don't think it will ever happen.

I often forget that Tara was a part of the Governor's crew and sometimes I don't who Rosita is after we come back from a break.
Last edited by bilki on October 28th, 2015, 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2015, 3:48 am #9

Probably one of the better episodes of the series. I appreciate it when the show is a bit more thought-provoking. Not sure we needed the extra half hour, though.

I was having a bit of trouble believing Morgan would be so anti-killing at this point in the game but this episode helped to put it in context.

Haven't looked around to see how many people are pissed off they didn't resolve the Glenn issue.

Dax
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2015, 6:39 pm #10

Yeah, this one was really good.

Will be rooting for John Caroll Lynch (who played John Wayne Gacy on AHS this week, too) to score an Emmy nom for this...

Glad Lennie James is finally with the show full-time now.