Krystal
Site Admin

March 26th, 2016, 12:59 am #61

I have actually liked most of the season. I have been fast-forwarding very little of it. This last episode with Maggie and Carol was very good. Obviously it would appear that Carol is going over the edge about killing all these people. I don't know why all of a sudden it would bother her after all the people who have been killed. Obviously these people would have killed her in a second. Was the red headed girl the one who used to be on Six Feet Under? She looks really familiar.
Last edited by Krystal on March 26th, 2016, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

March 26th, 2016, 1:59 am #62

wrote:What's the red headed girl the one who used to be on Six Feet Under? She looks really familiar.
That was Lauren Ambrose who was in SFU. Alicia Witt was the actress in the episode in which they were holding Carol and Maggie hostage. She's been doing film and television since the 80s.

Dax
Site Admin

March 26th, 2016, 2:23 am #63

Krystal, you at least know her from Justified, where she was the Crowe sister...

I love redheads (I may have mentioned that a time or two...), so both Ambrose and Witt... Mmmmmmm

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

March 26th, 2016, 12:18 pm #64

I'm with Bilki regarding Carol. Carol has been such a tough bad ass for so long that I'm not buying this whole 'I'm going off by myself' business. It just doesn't feel genuine to her character. Maybe if I had 'known' Carol was religious or something before she grabbed on to those Rosary beads but I don't remember her being a woman of big faith. Yes maybe she flipped out but still going off doesn't work for me.

I really like Merritt Wever. I fell in love with her on 'Nurse Jackie' and was rooting for her to be around longer. Oh well.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

March 26th, 2016, 7:38 pm #65

I will miss Wever. Glad she stopped by, yeah, hoped it would be awhile longer. Hope she turns up on something else I watch soon.

Carol thing bothers me more and more. Dumb of her...

Two to go...

Negan and his spiky-pointed bat (named 'Lucille') on his entrance... who's it gonna be?

I think Maggie. She's pregnant. Maximum impact..

Krystal
Site Admin

March 27th, 2016, 12:56 am #66

What bothers you about carol? You think Maggie will be killed?

Dax
Site Admin

March 27th, 2016, 12:35 pm #67

That Carol just decided to run away and leave the group because she doesn't want to kill any more (are you still one behind?... Your last comment was on the one with Witt, which was really good, the Carol/Maggie one... There was one after that, wherein Denise-the-doctor makes some poor choices...).

Yeah. Somebody major will be killed when we first meet Negan. In the comics, it was Glenn. Given all the not-so-long-ago games of Glenn-dead-or-not and how they like to switch things up some, it seems likely it WON'T be Glenn... So who instead? Place your bets..
Last edited by Dax on March 27th, 2016, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

March 27th, 2016, 1:27 pm #68

It's interesting that you think the show is willing to kill off a pregnant woman in such a violent manner, Dax. Maximum impact indeed!

Krystal
Site Admin

March 27th, 2016, 4:13 pm #69

You are right I am one behind. The one show that I really felt was good was the one where Maggie and Carol were held hostage. I don't like the idea of Carol taking off. I am not all that attach to Maggie or Glenn so we'll see what happens there.

Dax
Site Admin

March 27th, 2016, 5:11 pm #70

Krystal - Yeah, that was a really good one.

Bilki - Along the lines of how Robb Stark's wife wasn't at the wedding in the books, but...

It won't be just-lost-an-eye Carl. Or Rick or Daryl or Michonne, though any of those WOULD be shocking, for sure. There's fear it could be Carol, since she's in this weird character arc, and that's one way to resolve it absolutely...

Maggie. Glenn's wife. Pregnant. Around since not quite the beginning, but close... Last survivor of Hershel's large family...