Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 1st, 2014, 10:11 pm #21

I was overjoyed that Daryl and Carol made it through last night's episode. I really hate to be spoiled and I was on Facebook ... bastards!!! I knew Beth was a goner.

Is it my imagination or is Rick finally growing a set? He actually was kind of bad ass for a change. I've been praying for him to die since the first episode he was in. :P

Haven't watch 'Talking Dead' yet. Will probably get to that later tonight.

Overall better season than last. ;)
Last edited by Gatekeeper on December 1st, 2014, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

December 1st, 2014, 10:46 pm #22

I was spoiled by facebook, too.

Rick's been a bad-ass (again) since he put down the farming stuff. He took a different (read - weaker) approach after Lori died (and kinda got pushed out of his leadership role by others) but regained his mojo while he and Carl were out on the road alone together.

bilki
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 3:10 am #23

That sucks about being spoiled by FB, especially because Beth's death was a good surprise. At least I thought so. A few at Sepinwall's blog said because Beth was featured in the previous episode that they knew she'd die in this one. Seemed like mostly negative comments over there. It made me feel like I enjoy the show more than I think I actually do.

I do agree with those who think Beth's death was a waste. It seemed like more for shock value than anything else. I think it could have been cool to watch her become a darker version of herself.

I think I enjoy the bad ass Rick better than the softer, gentler one. I like the conflict it causes with the other members of the group.

Dax
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 3:25 am #24

I had a friend nervous for Carol, in the way that she got (not so much a 'spotlight' episode, but-) that series of mini-flashbacks of her at various places in the timeline...

It was a dumb thing for Beth to do, but (I think I saw someone on Sepinwall say..) her killing Dawn might have SAVED some lives, as it was an act that was going to let the tension out of the and-we're-just-gonna-take-Noah-back demand, and, well, you know... she really pissed her off. Getting shot probably wasn't in her plan - it wasn't intended as a suicidal move, except oops.

Argument for/against 'shock value'... Yes, it's a 'pointless' death, probably, but I agree with the show that 'our people' can't all make it out of every huge scrape alive, so they won't. Have to feel like any of them could go at any time.

bilki
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 3:47 am #25

Yeah, I agree that there has to be casualties within Rick's crew, otherwise it's like those silly gun fights in which the "bad guys" fire a thousand shots and the "good guys" walk away unscathed. I'm just not a big fan of the "this one has to die because someone has to die" thing. But perhaps they're one and the same.

It will bother me more when it's Carol's turn, unless somehow they have a great story that leads up to her death. I'll still be pissed off, though. To be honest, I think I miss Merle more than I'll miss Beth, and I kinda hated him.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 4:00 am #26

You mEan Daryll?

bilki
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 4:13 am #27

No, sometimes I miss Merle. I know he was rotten human being but I still wish we'd gotten a longer reunion with him and Daryl. I wanted to see if they could come to a happy medium despite their differences. To the show's credit, though, Merle's death worked for me better than Beth's.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 6:06 am #28

I will stick to it as long as Carol and Daryl survive.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 8:22 pm #29

AMC apologizes for 'Walking Death' spoiler reveal... Yeah NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!

I definitely prefer Rick as a bad ass. I don't agree with you Dax that he's been like that since the prison. He was still a baby when they left the prison worrying about his daughter, etc. I don't think he grew a set until the last few episodes. Just my humble bitchy opinion.

I love Daryl & Carol. I hope they survive. It would have been great to have the Merle conflict around longer. Yeah he was a complete bastard but it made for great conflict.

I'm sorry Beth is gone because I think it was a waste... especially because it was spoiled for me.
Last edited by Gatekeeper on December 2nd, 2014, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

December 2nd, 2014, 8:44 pm #30

Right. Not 'himself' again, really, 'til after that Rick/Carl-alone-with-Michonne-showing-up-at-the-end episode... he was all near-comatose on the couch, and Carl yelled at him and shit (of course, at that point, he was grieving not just Lori, but Judith, too, so that's a FINE time to fall apart...) ... We're not really disagreeing, but I maybe misspoke when I said 'set the farming down'... that was just kind of a temporary gotta-get-the-Gov bad-ass reprieve, but he WAS still in his funk then, true...

But killing those guys that were after him (that Daryl had hooked up with), and then, you know, the Terminus cannibals... he's well out of his 'weak' phase... it's been more than just a few episodes.
Last edited by Dax on December 2nd, 2014, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.