The View

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 24th, 2009, 11:08 am #1

New and Improved View coming Sept. 8th

The View will kick off its 13th season on Sept. 8 with a new opening, new set and new faces — temporary ones.

With Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who gave birth to a son on Aug. 9, on maternity leave until mid-October, the ABC chatfest has lined up guest hosts to take its resident conservative's place. Meghan McCain, blogger and daughter of John McCain, will fill in Sept. 9-11, and former Fox News Channel anchor E.D. Hill will join the panel Sept. 23-24. McCain previously guest-hosted in April, during which she infamously told Dick Cheney and Karl Rove to "go away."

Watch full episodes of The View now

Additional guest hosts will be announced at later dates.

To prep for the new season, The View — whose opening will be revamped to reflect the show's diverse subject matters — will count down the top 10 most outrageous moments from last season on its website from Aug. 24-Sept. 4.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 26th, 2009, 1:46 pm #2

Kate Gosselin to Guest Host on The View
August 26, 2009

Embattled reality-TV mom Kate Gosselin will mix it up with the ladies of ABC’s The View as a guest host on Sept. 14 and 15, PEOPLE has learned.

The star of TLC’s Jon & Kate Plus 8 will be filling in for Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who will still be on maternity leave when The View returns from its summer-rerun schedule on Sept. 8.

Gosselin, 34, whose separation from husband Jon has dominated the headlines throughout the summer, will no doubt help the talk show hit the ground running in the ratings as it begins its 13th season.

The program has several other guest hosts lined up to join Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar and Sherri Shepherd during September. They include Meghan McCain, the daughter of Sen. John McCain, on the 9th and 10th; LaToya Jackson on the 16th and 18th; and FOX News Channel anchor E.D. Hill on the 23rd and 24th.

Hasselbeck gave birth to her third child, Isaiah, earlier this month. She is due to return to work in October. –Tim Nudd

mozartkc
Elite Members

August 26th, 2009, 5:00 pm #3

This is just crazy :( The View has too many people trying to talk all at once already! They should let EH take her leave and have her empty seat just stay empty for a while. I try to watch the show but when I can't understand WTF anyone is saying I turn it off. As far as Kate....well....I don't have anything nice to say so I will just shut up;) Put it this way.....I won't be watching these days. Thanks for the heads up!!

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 26th, 2009, 5:31 pm #4

They have been talking over each other for the better part of 2 years now. It's just insane. I record it and sometimes watch the Hot Topics when I get a chance but with BB, Y&R and all my primetime shows I just don't have the time.

Deleted User
Deleted User

August 27th, 2009, 12:05 pm #5

Why are they adding Kate G to this program? Seriously. Does anyone but Kate herself can about what she has to say? I really like whoopie and joy....barbara, far be it from me to take someone's career away but the woman has a hard time putting words together to form a sentence. She has such trouble getting them out it's painful to watch.

Here I thought I was going to enjoy the show more with Lizzie on leave and they add more buttheads. ugh.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 27th, 2009, 12:50 pm #6

lexilani wrote:Why are they adding Kate G to this program? Seriously. Does anyone but Kate herself can about what she has to say? I really like whoopie and joy....barbara, far be it from me to take someone's career away but the woman has a hard time putting words together to form a sentence. She has such trouble getting them out it's painful to watch.

Here I thought I was going to enjoy the show more with Lizzie on leave and they add more buttheads. ugh.
I couldn't agree with you more. Let's not forget about Sherri who is a disgrace to women everywhere with her babbling about men and stupidity with almost everything she has to say. I honestly think it's time for Babs to retire, Sherry to be replace and Elisabeth to just stay home with the kids. I do love Whoopie and Joy and I honestly don't know how they can sit at the table with the other nuts. I have a feeling if Joy's new show is a success she may leave the show and I'm actually surprised Whoopie has signed for another year. I kind of think she's having a hard time dealing with keeping her mouth shut at times so she just goes to her happy place and tunes them out.

Deleted User
Deleted User

August 31st, 2009, 11:05 pm #7

Gate did u see the show where Sheri got a bikini wax? Made me wanna hurl. I'm gonna check out Joy's show if I can remember when it starts. Whoopie is just cool...I think she mentioned a couple of times on the show how she appreciated Barbara giving her a job when she could use the money. I'm glad she signed up for another year because I enjoy hearing her opinions.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

September 1st, 2009, 12:38 am #8

lexilani wrote:Gate did u see the show where Sheri got a bikini wax? Made me wanna hurl. I'm gonna check out Joy's show if I can remember when it starts. Whoopie is just cool...I think she mentioned a couple of times on the show how she appreciated Barbara giving her a job when she could use the money. I'm glad she signed up for another year because I enjoy hearing her opinions.
Yes I saw the bikini wax show but FF through it. That woman is a loser!

I do remember Whoopi saying she need the money and the job and I'm also she stayed on another year because without her and Joy I'd be gone!

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 6th, 2009, 12:27 am #9

Whoopi and Joy are my favourites too. Elizabeth drives me crazy with her voice and talking too fast. Sherry adds something different to the show. It's beyond my thinking as to why they are having Kate as a guest host. I stopped watching Jon & Kate last year because of the way she talked to him - let's see if she does it to the ladies on the view!

KMInfinity
Site Admin

September 7th, 2009, 12:43 pm #10

wrote:I try to watch the show but when I can't understand WTF anyone is saying I turn it off.
Ditto.

As a feminist, I hate to say this, but the dynamic of this show highlights all the worst traits and stereotypes about bitchy, annoying women.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2