bilki
Site Admin

August 1st, 2017, 4:38 am #291

LuAnn falling in the bushes was so awesome! There were plenty of comments about her being a good travel partner.

Carole has been a great source of humor with her Talking Heads. It's nice that they've used her as this kind of comic relief, as she's not one to get down in the mud like the others.

It did make sense what Sonja(?) was saying about Ramona not being happy but faking that she is happy being the cause of Ramona's bizarre behavior. Ramona has taken her skill at being awful to great heights this season. Occasionally, they squeeze a laugh out of me but usually they just make me cringe.

With the way Bethenny carried on about Ramona being on her best behavior, I thought we were going to meet at least one of her business partners. That tequila dinner made my mouth water, though.

I feel like you don't watch OC. Right?

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 1st, 2017, 5:27 am #292

We dont see sloshed LuAnn enough lol.

Ramona is especially awful this season.

I kept thinking that about Bethenny too when she kept stressing it was partly a business thing.

I watch bits and pieces of OC. I watched the premier but only snippets of episodes since. I like Meghan as a mom, it suits her. I loathe Shannon.

bilki
Site Admin

August 3rd, 2017, 11:22 pm #293

jbrr1212 wrote: I loathe Shannon.
Ohhhh, I can see how that would make it difficult to watch OC. I think Kelly Dodd is awful but I still find her somewhat amusing when she interacts with the other ladies. Vicki is just a gross human being to me but I can still sit through most of her scenes.

Did you hear about Terry Dubrow having an affair and the mistress had to be paid off? I guess Kelly shouted something about it out of the window of the bus last season but Heather got them to edit it out. There was speculation the real reason Heather didn't come back was because she didn't want it talked about onscreen.

This season may be wonky with Tamra and Shannon not wanting to film with Vicki. I guess Tamra said something about them trying to go back to the early seasons and have them spend more time with their families. If this week's episode was any indication, it may be a boring season. None of them are very interesting on their own.

Lots of comments about this season of NYC being their best. I'd say it's in the Top 3 with seasons 2 and 3.

bilki
Site Admin

August 4th, 2017, 2:24 am #294

Already!?!?! I thought it would last at least a year!

http://www.eonline.com/news/871194/luan ... to-divorce

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 4th, 2017, 4:46 am #295

Holy cow that was quick! I would say the whole thing was a publicity stunt if it would have been a wedding by Bravo, but since it wasn't I just feel bad for LuAnn.

This is easily one of the best seasons of NYC. Each lady brings something to the group and I dont flat out hate any of them even if they are nuts.

I had heard rumors of Terrys affair but not the pay off part but its not surprising. I'm sure that was probably part of why she didnt come back. Also the HOA where they built their new house would not allow filming there so that was a big issue too. I think she also wanted more money.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 10th, 2017, 7:29 pm #296

That party was super awkward and weird for a finale. Glad Tinsley seems to have found a nice guy. Ramona blaming all her antics on being lonely was convenient and annoying but it does make sense. I feel bad for LuAnn, those comments by Tom were way out of line.

The reunion looks intense.

bilki
Site Admin

August 10th, 2017, 11:06 pm #297

That was an odd finale, especially following the trip to Mexico. I thought the drama between Tinsley and Sonja felt mostly manufactured. Scott seems like a good guy but my gut feeling is that if he doesn't provide Tinsley with enough drama, she'll seek it out somewhere else. When Ramona said she didn't know if she'll find someone, I think that was the first time I felt for her this season. Something other than annoyance, that is. LuAnn can be such a phony at times that it's difficult to tell if there really was a great love for Tom, or she just wanted to see it that way. He didn't seem like a man deeply in love in any of their scenes that I can remember.

Usually, I dread the rehashing of all the past drama during the reunions but I am intrigued by what LuAnn has to say about Tom dissing her on camera. I don't know if I can sit through another round of Bethenny vs. Ramona, lol.

Do you have any thoughts or insight about BRAVO making Bethenny do a softer version of herself for this show before they air her new show with that idiot Fredrik? There's quite a noticeable change, and I wondered if BRAVO wanted to do some damage control.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 11th, 2017, 8:29 am #298

Tom always seemed off and clearly it wasn't just to the viewers since even those in her circle expressed concerns. I just cant believe she would go through with the wedding knowing what she knew. I dont see what she had to gain from pushing so hard for it to happen. Just to avoid looking like a fool? That seems really silly even for LuAnn.

I'm sure this whole show with Fredrik is an image repair job. I know there was quite a bit of friction between bffs Bethenny and Andy Cohen leading into this season so it wouldn't shock me if there was some sort of deal made to give her a platform to go back to being the kinder gentler Bethenny again. Win-win for Bravo.

bilki
Site Admin

August 11th, 2017, 2:13 pm #299

There was friction between Andy and Bethenny? I didn't hear about that juicy gossip.

I just can't believe LuAnn gave up her title for some doofus. At least Jacques was kinda sexy and charming. With the way it seems so many women are caught in Tom's orbit, I wonder if there was some thrill of bagging a guy who'd never been married.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 11th, 2017, 7:29 pm #300

Yeah B and Andy were in a spat because she was unhappy with her edit last season and Andy was upset with some of her more public meltdowns during the end of her divorce. He cancelled her Sirius radio show that was on his channel. Thats why early this season she refused to film with certain people (remember the party where she went to pick up Carole and refused to get out of the car?) her way of throwing a temper tantrum. They eventually made up sometime around the holidays and when all the Jason stalking stuff came out. Shortly after is when this new show was announced.

I'm so confused about Tom, maybe the draw is that he had never been married. I hadn't thought of that but it has to be something for all those women to be stuck in his orbit. I definitely dont find him particularly attractive and I'm sure hes not poor but I dont get the impression hes rolling in dough either.