Cheryl
Elite Members

July 9th, 2010, 6:01 pm #21

I haven't watched yet. However, I don't think it's odd she didn't invite her mom since her mom sounds a little whacked. We actually didn't invite my mother-in-law or my brother-in-law to our wedding because she was so whacked at the time (still is but that's another story). To this day they think we got married at the courthouse. I have to be care not to post any photos on FB or put them out at the house too because hubby gets all paranoid they may see it. And that was 15 years ago!!!

Betheny sounds like she came from an extremely dysfunctional family. I'm happy for her that Jason's parents have embraced her so much.....she needs that.

Glad to hear the cake went well......that poor wedding planner, he's a hoot......love his facial expressions when he's dealing with B!

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

bilki
Site Admin

July 9th, 2010, 8:00 pm #22

I hear what you're saying about not wanting crazy relatives to ruin your special day, Cheryl. But Bethenny had that little break down when the woman presiding over their wedding asked which of her immediate family members would be attending (in the previous episode). Maybe it was the hormones from being pregnant.

3 more days until NJ Housewives! WOO-HOO!

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 10th, 2010, 5:02 am #23

bilki wrote:I hear what you're saying about not wanting crazy relatives to ruin your special day, Cheryl. But Bethenny had that little break down when the woman presiding over their wedding asked which of her immediate family members would be attending (in the previous episode). Maybe it was the hormones from being pregnant.

3 more days until NJ Housewives! WOO-HOO!
Still haven't watched.....haha! But about her having her little breakdown, I thought it was totally understandable and yeah, the hormones were definitely kicking in. I felt so sorry for her that day, she seems so totally alone sometimes. Makes me appreciate my family!

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 10th, 2010, 8:55 pm #24

I FINALLY watched Bethenny and Jason's wedding! OMG!!! Seriously, I don't get all that emotional or worked up over most weddings, even my own, but for some reason this one got to me. I actually got a little teary-eyed when that door opened and there she stood and Jason looked at her with such happiness. I guess because that girl is soooooo overly emotional with the pregnancy hormones raging. Whatever, it was a fabulous wedding. The cake was GORGEOUS.....I want some! Shawn cracked me up a dozen times over but especially his comments after Bethenny had to pee in the bucket. OMG!!! Great wedding, great eppy. :clap:

Oh! And Ramona's red dress was amazing. I wasn't all that thrilled with what Alex wore. Simon is a freaking lush! And I think Mario is hot, Ramona is a lucky woman!

bilki
Site Admin

July 10th, 2010, 10:07 pm #25

Oh, I forgot to mention Alex's dress! Because if anyone can sniff out the ugliest over-priced clothes it's Alex. That chain-link shirt she wore on Housewives was HIDEOUS! But I thought the gown she wore to Bethenny's wedding was about as close to elegant as Alex will ever get.

I wish the peeing in the bucket hadn't been promo-ed over a million times because it was a great moment the first time I saw it.

Yes, that cake was gorgeous. Simple, but gorgeous. And I'd bet it was wonderfully delicious.

lexilou
Elite Members

July 10th, 2010, 10:17 pm #26

Cheryl wrote:Simon is a freaking lush!
I've never heard this term. What does it mean?

bilki
Site Admin

July 10th, 2010, 10:26 pm #27

A lush is another word for a drunk.

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 11th, 2010, 1:44 am #28

Haha, Lexilou......obviously you have not been around a lot of lushes in your life or you would KNOW! :P Yes, that is what I meant.....a person that likes to imbibe alcohol a little too much......a drunk!
wrote: I wish the peeing in the bucket hadn't been promo-ed over a million times because it was a great moment the first time I saw it.
I had never seen the promo. Probably because I record everything I watch and FF through ALL commercials. So it was fabulous to me. And when Shawn was talking about it afterwards, I had to rewind and hear his comments twice, they made me laugh so hard. I think they need to give Shawn his own show about being a wedding planner, he's great!

lexilou
Elite Members

July 11th, 2010, 1:51 am #29

Thanks for the explanation!

bilki
Site Admin

July 13th, 2010, 3:58 am #30

Those gals are wacky! Teresa chasing Danielle around make me laugh. Danielle playing the victim at the slightest confrontation is groan-worthy. Ashley was foolish to pull Danielle's hair. On the show, Ashley was bragging about pulling Danielle's weave out of her head. But on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS, Ashley seemed to be backtracking by saying that she'd have some of Danielle's hair in her hand if she had really pulled that hard. I thought the UN-BE-WEAVE-ABLE comment was great but shouldn't have been posted on Facebook. Funny that the police officers were already familiar with Danielle.

Jaquelyn playing video games on her phone while Danielle's energist was trying to work her voodoo magic was HILARIOUS!

My problem with this Housewives show is that the playing ground seems so uneven. Caroline, Jaquelyn and the departed Dina seem like relatively intelligent and respectable women...and then Danielle seems to have some serious mental issues. How does someone relatively sane function in that environment? I can see why Dina left, and I've read Caroline may be leaving at the end of this season. Who can blame them? At least on the other shows all the housewives seem to be at the same level of crazy.

I thought Jaquelyn looked fantastic on WHAT WHAT HAPPENS.