bilki
Site Admin

April 6th, 2011, 9:16 pm #151

Did DC Housewives get cancelled? I hadn't heard that.

I turned the Miami reunion on but didn't fully pay attention. They argued about all the things you could have guessed. It was OK but I think it was the most poorly done of all the reunion shows. Even DC had a better reunion show. Larsa got too much airtime, if you ask me. I would of rathered Lea Black had been the central focus of the hour. Andy asked Marysol what kind of work her mother had done on her face but Marysol claimed she didn't know. Riiiiiiight!

jbrr1212
Elite Members

April 7th, 2011, 7:45 pm #152

It hasnt been announced by Bravo yet but RadarOnline posted this last week....

They’re tearing out the hair extensions and folding up those power suits – as, after just one season, The Real Housewives Of DC has bitten the dust, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report.

The fifth installation of the hit reality franchise came in with a whimper and never much took off from there, drawing meager ratings all throughout it’s short lived broadcast.

“The show just didn’t do well and it wasn’t worth airing another season,” a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com.

“The DC housewives were meant to be starting shooting their second season now and they haven’t heard a peep from Bravo.

“No one from the cast has been contacted yet and told that the show is cancelled.”

RadarOnline.com has learned that the DC franchise isn’t the only Housewives show that has been struggling to lure viewers – Miami has also been performing poorly in the ratings war, forcing producers to reassess any further expansion.

“After DC failed in the ratings and Miami just bombed, they realized they can’t just start a show anywhere and it will succeed,” the source said.

The Housewives franchise has been a phenomenal success, spawning a total of seven different franchises – Orange County, Atlanta, New Jersey, New York, DC, Beverly Hills and Miami.

“Bravo used to think it was about the brand and they could switch the housewives at any point but now they have realized it is about the women involved and that has changed their perspective,” the source said.

“They’ve realized a lot with the failure of DC and Miami, and they’re going to concentrate on the successful shows they have and not expand any further.

“Andy Cohen has made it official that there will be no more new Housewives franchises.”

In the meantime, when it comes to DC : “We’re just hoping that people forget it ever happened,” the source said.

That shouldn’t be too tall an order....

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... sewives-dc

It doesnt sound good. Its weird that they say Miami is the last one though because I heard rumors awhile back about Chicago. Maybe those were just rumors. I have to say though I liked DC better than Miami.

Cheryl
Elite Members

April 13th, 2011, 4:26 pm #153

OMG. The Miami reunion was absolutely HAWW-RIBLE!!! It was live which I believe was a first. But so NOT a good idea. All those shrews did was scream at each the entire time, you couldn't understand what anyone was saying. It was completely ridiculous and finally Andy just gave up trying to reign them in and let them at it. It made you appreciate good editing, for sure.

I soooooo understood where Bethenny was coming from when she had her birthday breakdown. I'm still traumatized by a surprise party my friends threw for my 18th birthday. I absolutely hate it. I think some people just aren't meant to like all of the attention and small talk. Bethenny seems happiest when it's her, Jason, and Brynn. Seriously, I am the last person in the world who gives a crap about watching anything with babies in it but when they showed her and Jason giving Brynn her bath (bathies!) this week, my heart melted. Jason is SO good for her. I just love him so much.

Thrilled to see my Ramona and the gang back! Although Jill is as unlikable as ever. Did you guys see her new "look" on WWH? Good Lord!

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

bilki
Site Admin

April 14th, 2011, 5:34 am #154

Thanks for that, jbrr! How odd that Bravo thought they could just set up in a city and have another success, though it does explain some of the shortcomings of DC and Miami. It sounds like they didn't even realize what was making the other cities successful. Morons!

I'm not much of a baby person but Brynn is a real cutie. She always has this cute little smile on her face that makes even my hardened heart melt a little.

I don't know, I didn't really get the feeling that Jill was more unlikable than ever. I thought Alex was being a petty, little bitch with all of her Jill nitpicking. However, I did see Jill on WWH and thought she looked ridiculous! LOL! Was that half-witted Kelly on the premiere? If she was, I didn't see her....not that I'm complaining.

The previews for the new seaon looked good enough. Appears as though Alex is going to be the troublemaker of the season. A good Jill/Ramona smackdown in there. Is the new girl not going to like Ramona? That could be interesting. What the hell is happening on that crazy camel?

Did you watch, Gate?

bilki
Site Admin

April 14th, 2011, 5:40 am #155

Cheryl wrote:It was live which I believe was a first. But so NOT a good idea. All those shrews did was scream at each the entire time, you couldn't understand what anyone was saying. It was completely ridiculous and finally Andy just gave up trying to reign them in and let them at it. It made you appreciate good editing, for sure.
Oh, I agree about the editing. That live reunion show made me realize how much of a favor they are doing us by giving us an edited version with the other cities.

If they cancel Miami, too, I would be open to them doing a new city. As long as the women are both interesting and fun.

Cheryl
Elite Members

April 16th, 2011, 3:33 am #156

bilki wrote:I'm not much of a baby person but Brynn is a real cutie. She always has this cute little smile on her face that makes even my hardened heart melt a little.
I know.....right? That is the cutest baby ever. I'm thinking she has her dad's temperament for sure.
wrote: I don't know, I didn't really get the feeling that Jill was more unlikable than ever. I thought Alex was being a petty, little bitch with all of her Jill nitpicking. However, I did see Jill on WWH and thought she looked ridiculous! LOL! Was that half-witted Kelly on the premiere? If she was, I didn't see her....not that I'm complaining.
OMGosh, Bilki.......you are absolutely right. Alex is actually the one I was thinking about when I said that, not Jill! WTH happened to the Alex that used to be so cool and so sweet? Now it seems like she is just itching to get in a fight and it's so not cool and classy. She needs to tone it down a bit. I think Kelly was on the premiere. Wasn't she??? She's such a nitwit that I didn't even notice!

I do feel bad that Jill and Bethenny are no longer friends and it doesn't seem like they will ever be able to resolve their differences. It's not fun when you're holding a grudge against someone like that. It just makes you bitter and unhappy. :(

bilki
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2011, 12:00 am #157

Yes, Alex is trying too hard to start a fight. And trying to hard is what made Alex and Simon so annoying in the first season. They were trying way too hard to be fabulous, and they were barely watchable. I'm glad they've moved away from the bickering between Alex and Sonya and we're seeing more of Ramona. I'd much rather watch Ramona behave like a petulant attention whore at someone else's birthday party than watch Alex bitch about who was supposed to speak at the Marriage Equality march. Ramona really did make a pest of herself at the BD party, and I loved every painful minute of it. Not sure what I think of the new girl. Kelly is still as moronic as usual, which is a good thing. I wish Jill would get back from Australia!

New Jersey isn't one of my favorite installments. And I wasn't impressed when I heard the two new girls are family members of Teresa's, but the previews for the new season actually look like fun. We'll see.....

Cheryl
Elite Members

May 10th, 2011, 4:26 pm #158

Loved Kelly Ripa on WWH Live the other night. She's so freakin' funny. And when cutie pie hubby Mark Consuelos was bringing her all of those drinks to guess who drank them, I thought I fall off the couch. What a great sport she is!

Still loving Bethenny's show over all the others. Go figure!

jbrr1212
Elite Members

May 10th, 2011, 7:41 pm #159

Kelly is adorable. I've always liked her alot. She was a great sport about everything. Bethenny was good on WWH too. She cracks me up. I dont care much at all for this season of NY. It still has its moments but theres too many of them and I dont like the new one at all. OC has been better this season than the last couple but its still not great. NJ looks promising I just hope it doesnt become the Teresa show. I like her in small doses.

On a side note I'm totally addicted to Mob Wives on VH1. That show is INSANE! 3 eppys in we've already had 3 fights and a huge police raid. They make the Jersey Housewives look like nuns.

Cheryl
Elite Members

May 11th, 2011, 8:57 pm #160

OMG, jbrr....when I first opened the thread I saw your first remark about Kelly being such a good sport and thought you were talking about Kelly from NY Housewives. I was about to say, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR COTTON PICKIN' MIND?!?" :P Then I realized you were responding to me re Kelly Ripa. Whew!

I HATE the new chick Cindy on NY along with her whiny brother Howie. She is a poor substitute for Bethenny if you ask me. Sonya's okay, don't love her yet but at least I don't hate her.

I heard a few people talking about how great the Mob Housewives show is. Although I need to watch another new show like I need a hole in my head!

Hey.......where's that Bilki person? HERE I AM, WHERE ARE YOU????????????? You'd better get your butt back to the Buzz Board PRONTO, my man!!! :wub1: