Cheryl
Elite Members

March 4th, 2011, 6:35 pm #141

I'm fairly positive the price of the tickets was $500. I got the impression Christy feels she shouldn't have to pay and that they should all just be grateful that she graced them with her presence. :plzdie:

And I am SURE we haven't heard the last of this either. That Lea is some kinda fireball. I like her, though. At least she has a little class.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

bilki
Site Admin

March 9th, 2011, 6:13 am #142

Lea Black may be end up being the best thing about Miami. Christy seems like a vapid, little twit. I could see Larsa spending the whole season bragging about how much money she has. And while I like Alexia, I don't care to watch another conversation with her lazy son who has a credit card allowance. If the folks at BRAVO thought Miami was in the same league as Beverly Hills, it currently appears as though they were mistaken.

As BRAVO is my default channel, it will be difficult for me to avoid Orange County. I don't know why but I do like Tamara. Both Vicki and Alexis annoy the hell out of me, though for different reasons. Gretchen can be OK at times. Perhaps the new housewife will make it a bit more fun.

What I like about Bethenny's new show are the moments when she and Jason aren't exactly getting along. It feels more real than the whole "fairytale" of getting married, having a baby and all being happily ever after.

bilki
Site Admin

March 24th, 2011, 4:39 am #143

OK, I'll be the first to admit that Mama Elsa's face can be a little tough to look at but she was so flippin' funny on WWH. She really stole the show, I thought. Loved the clips of their drive up to NYC from Miami.

Glad they didn't push NY Housewives back too much. I miss me some Ramona. I wouldn't say I disliked Miami but the only thing going for it was Lea Black giving those verbal beatdowns to that snot-nosed Christy. And Mama Elsa's appearance on WWH. I don't think it was worth postponing NYC.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

March 24th, 2011, 7:53 pm #144

Definately not worth postponing NYC unless NYC is absolutely horrible. I catch bits and pieces of Miami but I cant sit through a whole eppy. I did enjoy the Lea smack down of Christy but thats about it. I cant believe its the finale already, seems like it just started.

Thought Elsa was funny on WWH but even shes not enough to save Miami.

Cheryl
Elite Members

March 25th, 2011, 1:19 pm #145

bilki wrote:What I like about Bethenny's new show are the moments when she and Jason aren't exactly getting along. It feels more real than the whole "fairytale" of getting married, having a baby and all being happily ever after.
I didn't know you were watching Bethenny this time! Cool. What I like about this show is that she isn't afraid to put it all out there--not just the glam and glitz of her life but the struggles she has making compromises with Jason about his parents (I can so relate!) and so many other things. Although it does appear that Jason tends to make the majority of compromises because he's so easygoing and confident in who he is. I absolutely adore that man. If they ever break up, I swear I'll be devastated. The two of them are so different yet they compliment each other so well. I love when they were at that event and he just sat down with that group of ladies and starting chatting and making friends. It was funny watching Bethenny watch Jason.....she was so amused and delighted. Bethenny is so the opposite and seems to have a hard time relating to people, probably because of her dysfunctional upbringing (her relationship with her mother is also fascinating--I like that she shows us a little of her sessions with her therapist.) Jason brings out Bethenny's softer side which is so sweet. And their relationship with Gina the baby nurse is a hoot.

I agree on every single thing ya'll are saying about Miami. I'm an eppy behind in that and WWH though so can't comment! It's a good thing their season is so short and we can move on to the Big Apple. I want to see if Ramona is still "renewed"! :P

jbrr1212
Elite Members

March 25th, 2011, 8:13 pm #146

I love Bethenny/Jason too. He really seems like the perfect guy for her. I wish she'd go a little easier on his parents but I get where shes coming from. Loved when he took her home to hang out with his old friends. Gina is hysterical!

Cheryl
Elite Members

March 27th, 2011, 4:51 pm #147

jbrr1212 wrote:I love Bethenny/Jason too. He really seems like the perfect guy for her. I wish she'd go a little easier on his parents but I get where shes coming from. Loved when he took her home to hang out with his old friends. Gina is hysterical!
I TOTALLY get where she's coming from and it seems like she has a good relationship with the parents. It's tough because Jason comes from a background so completely opposite from hers.......she doesn't understand why he would want to spend weekends with his parents when her own parents literally wanted nothing to do with her. And yet I so relate to wanting to create your own memories with your own little family, and with her booming business and lifestyle, I'm sure that by the weekend, she just wants to crash and relax in her own little house and not travel to PA with an entire entourage.
Last edited by Cheryl on March 27th, 2011, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

April 6th, 2011, 4:44 am #148

Bethenny's birthday breakdown made me laugh. I can't remember her coming that undone about anything over the years we've been watching her. But I knew what she meant when she talked about not liking the feeling of having all those eyes on her. And I can understand why Jason's parents lovey-ness can be a bit much for her.

Did anyone watch Pregnant in Heels? It was more entertaining than I thought it would be. I love watching wealthy New Yorkers put their neurotic behaviors on display for all to see. The couple that was picking a name for their kid seemed like two batshit ninnies.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 6th, 2011, 4:27 pm #149

OK when is the NYC one starting? I want to catch that one. ;)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

April 6th, 2011, 6:21 pm #150

NY starts this Thursday (4/7).

I watched part of pregnant in heels. I dont think I will watch every week but it could be a fun distraction. I agree about the couple using a focus group to pick a name--whackjobs lol.

I didnt even bother to watch the Miami reunion on WWH. I really hope the Miami housewives join the DC housewives in cancellationville!