Cheryl
Elite Members

July 3rd, 2010, 3:30 am #11

bilki wrote:Look who got a new nose! A picture of a new housewife is included if you scroll down.
realitytea.com
OMG! That doesn't even look like Nene! Hahaha......had to laugh at this:

Also in attendance were Kandi Burruss, Kim Zolciak’s wig, and new housewife Cynthia Bailey.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

tgir
Site Admin

July 3rd, 2010, 4:53 am #12

I only see Housewives on promos when I watch something on Bravo. I followed the link and I have to say, I am glad that I am not the only person who thinks that NeNe looks like a man. Before and after.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 3rd, 2010, 11:03 pm #13

See Cheryl ... I told you we would have closet viewers! ;) I really need to try out ONE of the shows. So which one is the best?
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

lexilou
Elite Members

July 4th, 2010, 12:42 am #14

Jersey, and make sure you watch it on the 12th.

I started with the OC, and when it started the girls were friends before the show and you could tell. Then they started being replaced with new girls just to add drama I think. Not my fav anymore since Jeanna quit. I still like Vicki though. Saw Atlanta once, didn't care for it. I've tried so hard to get into NY, but I just end up wanting to smack the blond airhead. I can't stand her and Bethanny gets on my last nerve also. Needless to say, I have no plans to watch her new show. I do like the Countess, but sheesh, could she find some better men? That one blond guy was just creepy. <<shivers>> Actually, none of those men are good looking. Jersey is my fav now though I'm sad Dina left. I like Caroline and that Albie is one hot cupcake. Jacqueline seems like a nice woman, Teresa is a hoot, anxious to see what happens next season with her and Joe's debt. Danielle is one hot mess and I hope she's not that much a freak show in real life, and is only doing this for the show, but I suspect I may be wrong. How those girls grew up to be as normal as they seem is beyond me. I just have to roll my eyes at her bodyguards.

bilki
Site Admin

July 4th, 2010, 3:18 am #15

Gatekeeper wrote:See Cheryl ... I told you we would have closet viewers! ;) I really need to try out ONE of the shows. So which one is the best?
New Jersey is in the middle of its second season and airs on Monday nights at 10pm. It's the only one on right now.

"Bethenny Getting Married?" is a spin off of the New York housewives show. It has a different dynamic, as it's centered around Bethenny and her "shot gun wedding" to Jason.

DC Houswives starts in early August. It will be its first season, so you won't feel like you're missing out on anything.

BRAVO usually airs most of the previous episodes that lead up to the broadcast of the new episode, so you can get an idea of what's going on.....if you have the time. The next episode of NJ, broadcast on July 12, should be a doozy!

lexilou, I think it's funny that you can't stand Ramona and Bethenny but like the Countess (we call her something else on another board I frequent). I've always wondered if there was anyone who liked the Countess, though I found myself almost liking her by the end of this past season.

While BRAVO is like background music for me, I just got into the Housewives shows last year. I had tried OC and hated it. Watched a little bit of NY's first season but didn't care enough to follow season 2. After all the chatter about Atlanta's Nene, I decided to check out its season 2 (which aired last fall). I happened upon the episode in which Sheree had a big fight with her party planner and was hooked. Hilarious! Now they're like crack for me, though I'm still not a fan of the OC show.
Last edited by bilki on July 4th, 2010, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 4th, 2010, 3:37 am #16

Gatekeeper wrote:See Cheryl ... I told you we would have closet viewers! ;) I really need to try out ONE of the shows. So which one is the best?
And you were right as usual! You would probably like NY (which just ended) or NJ. They are having a marathon on Monday, 7/5, starting at 3:00 p.m. of all of the NJ shows if you want to check it out. Or this is really the type of show that you could start watching at any point, IMO. The reason I like NJ the best is that some of the gals are related either by blood or marriage so it makes sense that they would hang out and be tight. I actually tend to like whichever one is airing the best....lol. I love Atlanta because I'm a Southerner I love NYC because it's so glamorous and I love to see all of the hot spots I only hear about but never see like the fancy restaurants and the Hamptons. The NJ gals have awesome tempers which make for some great drama. The "villain" on that show is soooooo annoying, though--Danielle. She's just gross. They are fun shows.....once you start watching, it's easy to get hooked.

Speaking of the Countess, I think she is soooo beautiful and classy. But sometimes her snobbiness is a bit much, especially since she is only a Countess by marriage. I think she needs to get over herself a little bit.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

bilki
Site Admin

July 4th, 2010, 3:55 am #17

Cheryl wrote:Speaking of the Countess, I think she is soooo beautiful and classy. But sometimes her snobbiness is a bit much, especially since she is only a Countess by marriage. I think she needs to get over herself a little bit.
The Countess is one of those "characters" that I love to hate, though. Simon claims she's much more likable when she's not being "The Countess" but I don't know if I'd want to see too much of that side of her. I love her fights with Bethenny. Well, more like Bethenny's fights with the Countess, as Bethenny is usually the more agressive one in those situations. NJ's Danielle, on the other hand, just seems rotten to the core. I can't wait to see what happens with Danielle and Teresa!

lexilou
Elite Members

July 4th, 2010, 1:13 pm #18

The Countess just seems so much more classy than the rest of them, this assessment is based on my limited watching though.

The OC really was much better in the beginning. I do like that most of the Jersey girls are related or knew each other. It's so much more interesting to have that dynamic. Not sure how Danielle fits into it all. Kim G seems to be playing both sides and is a bit of a troublemaker. Jacqueline is not obsessed with Danielle, perhaps the other way around. It'd be cool to see Caroline take her down a few pegs, but I don't think she will since her son is best friends with Kim's son.
Last edited by lexilou on July 4th, 2010, 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 4th, 2010, 1:17 pm #19

NY sounds like the one I would like and NJ. I'll try and catch them on Monday. Thanks Cheryl for the info! ;)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

bilki
Site Admin

July 9th, 2010, 3:31 am #20

I think it's odd that Bethenny didn't invite her mother to her wedding. Plenty of people have crazy parents. Isn't that part of the fun? Perhaps she would have had a good time with the guy who jumped in the pool.

WOW! The room looked awesome!

Simon was drunk before they cut the cake!

I was happy for Shawn when Bethenny loved the cake. I can only imagine the hell she put him through in the 4 weeks they had to put that wedding together.

Call me a cynic, but I get a chuckle when couples go on about being together for the rest of their lives. This country can't even claim a 50% success rate when it comes to marriage. I'd guess the success rate is even lower for couples who live their lives in the public eye.