ForeverG5

September 18th, 2009, 9:44 pm #11

I actually think it ended very well. Everyone was happy and you got a lot of closure with a lot of characters. Even Mallet and Dinah. The only thing I was expecting that I didn't get was some closure with Jeffrey..?

UPDATE: Just found this regarding Jeffrey's absence.
http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/
Last edited by ForeverG5 on September 18th, 2009, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------
Proud GL Watcher for 11 years
"Jonathan and Lizzie?! Gees, I hope I'm retired by the time that kid grows up." -Frank Cooper; Chief of Springfield PD

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 18th, 2009, 10:55 pm #12

I haven't watched GL regularly in years. In the last year maybe once a week on Fridays if that. But I've been watching a little more regularly the last month and watched every day this week. I didn't expect to cry today but my eyes were full of tears the whole show and I couldn't help but cry at the last 1/2 today. I grew up watching this show and have so many great memories about storylines and favorite characters. If the last few years had been as good as the last few weeks/months, the show would probably still be on the air. I'll miss it and hope to go back and find old episodes to watch now.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 18th, 2009, 11:05 pm #13

My favorite moment was when they both asked each other if they found themselves, as if apologizing for the last two years. Seeing Reva with her hair pulled back and that stunning smile....I have have not seen "her" in a long time. For me it was as if they picked up where they were the last time the last time they were themselves..at the lighthouse ripping up their divorce papers.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 18th, 2009, 11:21 pm #14

That was a great ending!

Win

September 18th, 2009, 11:45 pm #15

I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I thought they did a good job giving all the stories and characters a sense of closure. I'm not a huge Jeva fan, but they are the show's signature couple and it was right that they were sent off into the sunset together. I enjoyed the general air of contentment & happiness, and the sense that these lives would go on. I hated that Alan died, but loved Josh & Olivia salvaging that deep friendship from the wreck of their marriage.
Just some really nice stuff to say goodbye on.

Win
Check out CCnFriends for all things Crystal Chappell!

jbrr1212
Elite Members

September 19th, 2009, 12:01 am #16

I loved most of the show. The opening of the openings was very cool. Wish we would have gotten something out of character at the end just for the cast to say goodbye but otherwise I enjoyed it. Any know why Maeve Kinkead (Vanessa) wasnt in the final eppy?

Paddy

September 19th, 2009, 12:11 am #17

Win wrote:I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I thought they did a good job giving all the stories and characters a sense of closure. I'm not a huge Jeva fan, but they are the show's signature couple and it was right that they were sent off into the sunset together. I enjoyed the general air of contentment & happiness, and the sense that these lives would go on. I hated that Alan died, but loved Josh & Olivia salvaging that deep friendship from the wreck of their marriage.
Just some really nice stuff to say goodbye on.

Win
Great post, Win. :applause: It truly echos everything I was feeling today. Needless to say, I was thrilled to see Josh and Reva reunite. I cried the minute their theme music played. I believe its been 3 1/2 years since I last heard it. And, I can't imagine GL ending with them not being together. I will never understand why EW didn't leave Jeffrey dead. What was the purpose for the cat and mouse chase with Edmund? Merely to make Jeffrey a Richard carbon copy in looks? More questionable writing. Whatever! I was sad to see Alan die but on the other hand, it also seemed poignant after all the bad deeds he'd done to people. He died doing a heroic and wonderful thing for his son, and he will be remembered for that sacrifice. I am glad he went out with that memory. Loved Fletcher and Alex, and Mallet and Dinah. I'll never understand why they were broken up. But then again, I didn't understand a lot of things the past four years. I really enjoyed the bonding between Reva and Olivia. It seemed so genuine, and I think it was a good bye between KZ and CC. Loved seeing the small children and babies making us feel that Springfield and the future generations will go on.

EW and the writers did a good job with the finale. But somehow, I feel not only sad but very cheated knowing that this quality of writing could have been done all along. Maybe just maybe if it had, GL might have survived a bit longer. We'll never know.

It's been a great ride for me watching the show on and off for over 25 years, and the many wonderful friends I've made on this board. And, I will continue to post on the Y&R and Days boards.

All the best,

Last edited by Paddy on September 19th, 2009, 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 19th, 2009, 12:33 am #18

I watched the finale, and I have to say they did
a fantastic job of pulling it all together.

Don't know what I will do after faithfully watching
for 46 years, but thanks GL for the memories, and
much love and good wishes for our fantastic stars.
They are the best!!!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 19th, 2009, 12:52 am #19

Overall I'm good with the way they wrapped things for everyone, and happy most of all that they closed with Josh and Reva riding off together. For me, that is the way it should have ended. I don't know about anyone else, but when Josh and Reva were declaring their love for each other and their theme music came up...I just lost it, lol. I was already a sobbing wreck by that point, but that little homage with the music plus that last kiss we got to see...just sent me over the edge. And of course, the montage at the end closing with "Always" from Reva...I feel SPENT.

God, I'm going to miss this show...it wasn't perfect, but it was still the best, IMO. I've never loved a cast of characters so much.

Amy

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 19th, 2009, 12:53 am #20

From Italy..... :bye1: :'( :'(