The Leftovers

Dax
Site Admin

September 30th, 2015, 3:04 am #1

Last edited by Dax on September 30th, 2015, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

October 3rd, 2015, 6:20 pm #2

Starts tomorrow.

New credits sequence on-line now - much better than last year's. I like the song.

Justin Theroux -- Kevin Garvey
Amy Brenneman -- Laurie Garvey
Christopher Eccleston -- Matt Jamison
Margaret Qualley -- Jill Garvey
Chris Zylka -- Tom Garvey
Carrie Coon -- Nora Durst
Liv Tyler -- Meg Abbott
Ann Dowd -- Patti Levin
Janel Moloney -- Mary Jamison
Regina King -- Erika Murphy
Kevin Carroll -- John Murphy
Jovan Adepo -- Michael Murphy

Out from 1's Main Cast - Aimee, Lucy, Dean, Adam, Scott, Christine
Promoted up from Recurring - Moloney as Mary.
New - The Murphy family.

The billing sequence switched a little - was Meg/Tom/Jill/Nora in slots 4/5/6/7 last time, but now it's Jill/Tom/Nora/Meg...
I like that Ann Dowd is still a regular.

bilki
Site Admin

October 5th, 2015, 11:07 pm #3

I thought the visuals for the credit sequence were lame last season but I did like the music better than this new song. Surprised to see Amy Brenneman on your cast list, as I have not noticed her in any of the previews for the new season.

WTF was up with that opening scene? I paused the show and looked up Sepinwall's review to see if I wanted to continue watching the episode.

Actually enjoyed the rest of the episode. The Murphy family was interesting. I liked the ending. Poor Darius McCrary.

Nora didn't admit that Matt helped them get the home (maybe she's hiding something?), so I found it odd that Kevin and company showed up there for seemingly no good reason.

I didn't expect Mary to still be alive.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 12:34 pm #4

bilki wrote:WTF was up with that opening scene? I paused the show and looked up Sepinwall's review to see if I wanted to continue watching the episode.
Yeah that was up there on the f**** up scale. I didn't know what to make of that.

Interesting 'reboot' in a way. Murphy family was interesting and now I want to know more.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

bilki
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 3:04 pm #5

After reading the recap for the episode at Vulture, I found this where they talk about that bizarre opening scene....
http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/leftover ... outbrainrc

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 4:46 pm #6

bilki wrote:After reading the recap for the episode at Vulture, I found this where they talk about that bizarre opening scene....
http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/leftover ... outbrainrc
Interesting. So hopefully we will be able to figure out what the opening scene meant. Cool.

Dax
Site Admin

October 7th, 2015, 4:17 am #7

Haven't read that yet - or this, http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... angers-gag from Sepinwall (bits of the Damon interview we shouldn't have seen until after watching the premiere), but I didn't think the opening scenes were THAT oblique... It's background info for Jarden. We see the tremors for the first time, a couple tragedies, and a couple of 'miraculous' saves from near-death. Made enough sense to me.

I thought it was a really interesting and bold choice to keep us from seeing anybody we knew until 40 or so minutes in.

Seemed John was very cruel to Isaac... Even if Isaac IS a fraud (looks like his reading was pretty on point, though), burning down his house like that... Not very nice.

I wanna know more about the lady in the wedding dress watering her lawn...

Edit, after reading the Vulture - I like that. 'Except this time, the baby makes it.'
- after reading Sepinwall's review - I didn't notice that the rescuer looks like Nora, but that makes sense, given Nora's recent 'adoption' via baby-on-the-doorstep...
Last edited by Dax on October 7th, 2015, 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 7th, 2015, 12:22 pm #8

Dax wrote:I wanna know more about the lady in the wedding dress watering her lawn...
Yeah that was interesting. Maybe husband or fiancee was AWAY during the event and he is now gone.

I also was wondering if baby had connection to Nora's new 'adopted' baby.
Last edited by Gatekeeper on October 7th, 2015, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

November 5th, 2015, 8:01 pm #9

Discussed 1-4 some in the HBO thread, and Krystal asked if anybody was watching in the Watching...

Just a reminder... This does have its own thread...

#5... Poor Matt. His life is not fun.

Dax
Site Admin

November 10th, 2015, 8:05 am #10