The Good Wife

Dax
Site Admin

October 5th, 2015, 11:02 pm #1

Krystal >> I thought this first epi was pretty good, although I find it hard to believe that Alicia would be scurrying around doing some low level court work. Still with the 3,000 suits though...

MM is a good addition to the cast. I will be interested in seeing how this plays out. I felt so bad for Eli, Peter is such an ass and could have handled that one better.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 12:27 am #2

edited because my brand new laptop is a POS. :rant:
Last edited by KMInfinity on October 6th, 2015, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
iii
iii
iii

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 12:30 am #3

I'm a little lost. I don't remember the details of the ending, just remember being pretty disenchanted with it all. I agree with Krystal, Alicia scraping for bond cases seems silly, though I can sadly attest to the inexorable machine indifference of the law at that level.

Is there a good quick recap somewhere, especially how Alicia's 'election fixing' ended, and how she ended up out in the cold from Florrick-Agos-Lockhart. I thought she proved she DIDN'T have anything to do with election rigging.

Maybe since I was out of the loop I wasn't very engaged. I thought the CotW was dumb, and the stuff with Eli weak. I did like seeing Margo Martindale and that could become something, but right now it just seems way too far fetched that Peter could be on the national stage with Alicia as 'the good wife' given their separate lives.

I did like Lucca, despite the stupid stuff with the Chagall.
iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 1:17 am #4

Yes I find it rather unbelievable that he could run for president with them living apart. I don't understand why people can't be divorced and still run for president but it seems expected that they are married and even if they're not happy they have to act like they are. They may be setting mm to be sort of a villain in this or anagitation at least. Anyhow I was glad to see her added to the caf cast. I don't care much what is going on at the Old Firm in the least I see of Carrie will be good for me

Krystal
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 1:19 am #5

I also wouldn't mind a recap of what happened in the last couple of episodes last season. Alicia won but then she didn't. If she were humiliated wouldn't Peter be is well?

I do agree that the court systems on those lower levels really sucks. People are in jail 4 years because they can't raise a $500 bond it's very sad.
Last edited by Krystal on October 6th, 2015, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 3:17 am #6

I haven't watched the premiere yet.

Margulies lied the other day... Panjabi tweeted a correction...

http://www.vulture.com/2015/10/julianna ... -feud.html#
Last edited by Dax on October 6th, 2015, 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 6th, 2015, 12:30 pm #7

This sums up season 6 http://www.bustle.com/articles/113670-r ... everything

I'm definitely taking Panjabi's side in this little feud.

___

So I liked the premier. I did not understand why Alicia would start all over with bond cases. That really didn't make a lot of sense. I guess it's because her reputation was shattered last season by being fired as State's Attorney for voter fraud. If that is the case how the heck is Peter still coming out smelling like roses? Also have a hard time seeing Peter as Vice-President. I guess after watching 'House of Cards' that I have a better understanding just how corrupt politics are but still.

I couldn't believe what Peter did to Eli. I love Eli. Peter is now at the top of my shit list but I think he's always been there so that's nothing new.

___

KMI, is this 'another' new laptop of the same one you've been messing with? My new laptop arrives today. I'm so excited. Early Christmas for moi! :wub:
Last edited by Gatekeeper on October 6th, 2015, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 7th, 2015, 12:49 am #8

This is the replacement laptop. Dell #2 - sucks like #1. Yiu cannot believe the runaround I'm getting from the tech - they want me to take a day off work for the in-home tech to work on it. W---T----F!

ETA

read the recap, thanks Gate.

Forgot JD Morgan is coming on board. <3

Forgot Finn is history. That's fine, he won't be missed. That was fumbled from the getgo.

I think it's an UO, but I like Cary way better than Canning. I just don't like the character at all. They rub the 'devil' soullessness too much, too cartoony in a bad way for me.
[+] Spoiler
So lucca will be an enemy? well. Way to play off the Kalinda mess.
I have no recollection of the Dem lawyer (HER lawyer?) announcing she was involved in the fraud. I hope that lie is corrected. That's pretty unbelievable to me.

So why is everyone at Florrick-Agos-Lockhart mad at her? Still unclear about that.

Once upon a time I really liked Diane and thought she was a well developed, shaded character.

Last edited by KMInfinity on October 7th, 2015, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
iii
iii
iii

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 7th, 2015, 12:42 pm #9

KMInfinity wrote:This is the replacement laptop. Dell #2 - sucks like #1. You cannot believe the runaround I'm getting from the tech - they want me to take a day off work for the in-home tech to work on it. W---T----F!

So why is everyone at Florrick-Agos-Lockhart mad at her? Still unclear about that.
Sorry about the laptop. I honestly think the extra $ for the MacBooks are worth it. I also get insurance because GOD only knows what can happen with a laptop. If you every decide to switch get a 'refurbished' MacBook from Apple. They are just as good and they are basically new after they do all the certification. My last 2 computers from Apple are refurbished.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/s ... acbook_pro

Here is an in-depth article about refurbished Apple products:

http://www.payetteforward.com/should-i- ... e-product/

OK here is a great recap of what went down with Diane and Alicia.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/04/ ... struction/

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

October 8th, 2015, 2:16 pm #10

Cush Jumbo (Luca Quinn) is a new full regular. I like her.

The Peter/Eli break-up is cool. Love Margo Martindale.