KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 20th, 2015, 10:01 am #21

Yeah this was much better than last week. CotW was better, and character stuff better too.

One caveat - once again Diane is convicting Alicia without ever hearing her side of the issue. that's starting to piss me off. They need to address Diane's unconscious anti-feminism despite her professed views - I am assuming the writers are aware of it, what with the intern interview in this episode as the ironic counterpoint to her treatment of Alicia, but I think the topic needs to move out of the subtext and become the text.

http://deborahmay.com/wp-content/upload ... 80x340.jpg

I am out of the loop with Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence, and Fey and Poehler, so I guess I need some pop culture catch-up since it looks to be actually shaping culture. :P
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Dax
Site Admin

October 20th, 2015, 12:56 pm #22

Yeah, I liked the case, and the comedy continued (Veronica and Alicia on the cooking show was fun, but rushed a bit), but I didn't like that Diane/Alicia is again set back by something dumb... Misheard conversation, jump to conclusion...

Krystal
Site Admin

October 20th, 2015, 8:01 pm #23

The intern not wanting to work was accurate I think. I have heard many complaints from people trying to hire younger workers who don't want to stress themselves out by working hard. The complaints have been about male and female workers however. Yet they still want to go to the top and make the big salaries. I think to a large degree this is because their parents spoiled them and insisted the teachers to give them an a no matter what they did. They were told they did a good job or just breathing.

I to find it annoying that Alicia and Diane go through these spats without really talking to one another and clearing the air.

I wonder what is going on with the elder romance there? Is this for real or just to use Peters mother for her connections.

Dax
Site Admin

October 20th, 2015, 11:38 pm #24

Looked more genuine than not... Howard lucked out with Jackie's connection and brought in a big client... but he was interested in her immediately, so I didn't see it as his 'using' her, at all... That she helped him was a bonus.

tgir
Site Admin

October 21st, 2015, 4:12 am #25

Dax wrote:Looked more genuine than not... Howard lucked out with Jackie's connection and brought in a big client... but he was interested in her immediately, so I didn't see it as his 'using' her, at all... That she helped him was a bonus.
I also think it was Jackie's way of being in any kind of relationship: trading connections and using her ability to do so as power. It's something she knows she can bring to the table.

I kind of like this older romance, to be honest. I don't like Jackie. I don't like Howard much. But still, I can't help but think it's kind of great that he's sticking it to the younger guns, even a little.

Of course they are right. He should take emeritus status. He is much more a liability than an asset. In real life, I'd be right on board with getting rid of him. But this is entertainment, so I can enjoy the pokes.

Dax
Site Admin

October 21st, 2015, 4:31 am #26

It was a really good way to show a different side to often unlikable and antagonistic (Jackie) or ridiculous (Howard) characters.. To each other, they seemed pretty cool.

Dax
Site Admin

October 27th, 2015, 4:22 am #27

... We were just talking about physician-assisted suicide...

Shame Alicia's client's Mom was guilty... Looked like a great class-action against the dept. store...

Lot of quick compression at the end of Diane's story, and it's a shame we couldn't get to see the reactions in bond court when Alicia's client took the plea, after all... A lot going on in this one, and none of the scenes had any time to breathe...

I like the little background bits we got on Crouse.

Jackie's codename is 'Raptor'. That's funny.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 28th, 2015, 12:25 am #28

Although it wasn't my favorite episode certainly was a pertinent subject. I just don't understand people not wanting physician assisted suicide or at least the ability to take a comfortable way out and not have to suffer until your body just breaks down. I've seen too many people die of cancer in horrible pain just eating them alive. So I don't know how much money it would take there's not enough in the world for me to take the side of a legal case against it.

It was good when I was doing the expert witness stuff that I could pick and choose my cases. I would review a case and if I thought there really was malpractice then I would take it and if I thought it was just something silly or a misunderstanding I wouldn't. I could never work for an insurance company where I had to defend everyone who came my way. Or I couldn't be involved in a case unless I believed in it.

There are still some things about the show that I don't like but I certainly like this season so far way better than last season.

Dax
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2015, 10:47 pm #29

Good to see Ron Raines as this week's bad guy.

Really liking JDMorgan.

tgir
Site Admin

November 3rd, 2015, 4:30 pm #30

Matt didn't recognize Ron Raines until I insisted it was him. I might have missed it at first without your keen eyes, Dax.