Krystal
Site Admin

October 8th, 2015, 8:55 pm #11

The recap was very helpful. Thanks for posting it. I hadn't recalled what happened with the Democratic lawyer at all. Maybe by then I was sort of sick of the whole storyline but I do recall seeing it. I also didn't remember why Finn left. The character was okay but I really didn't see him with Alicia.

I still find the business with the common court or whatever Alicia was involved with pretty unbelievable. I did not also remember the business about Canning's wife. Of all the law firms in Chicago why would he have her work there. There certainly must be law firms that are not in the same area of business. So that seems rather contrived. In any case it's interesting that he's trying to hire Alicia know and I hope that she will go to work for him.

At least the show is starting off with some promise for the season
Last edited by Krystal on October 9th, 2015, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

October 9th, 2015, 12:59 am #12

Finn didn't really 'go' anywhere (and we might still see him, but as a recurring, not a regular). He turned down Alicia's offer to partner up (professionally, but at least part of his reasoning was likely that there is some romantic tension between them, and he's involved again with his ex-wife).

I should probably look at a recap, too, re: election 'scandal' and Alicia/Diane/Cary why-she-didn't-go-back--why-they-didn't-want-her-back because I'm a little fuzzy on it, too, but... I remember it wasn't satisfying, that whatever reasons there were didn't feel organic so much as 'well, because'. The plot was reset THIS way because... They felt like it. So maybe I won't click on those links. I get where we are now, and it's 'fine'... But yeah. I recall that it was disappointing, the how-they-got-there.

Nobody's talking 'final season', but I think it very probably is. The Kings have spoken often of a seven year plan, and the titles have come full circle (Seasons 1 and 7 - one-word titles; 2 and 6, two words; 3 and 5, three words; 4, four words).

Dax
Site Admin

October 13th, 2015, 4:35 am #13

Jeffrey Dean Morgan a full regular (billed second-to-last, with the 'with') as Jason Crouse. Cool. I like him.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

October 13th, 2015, 10:06 am #14

LOVED JDM.

Hated everything else about this episode. Way way too many 'pat' solutions to fake problems created by the writers for fake drama. This was a shark jumping episode for me.
iii
iii
iii

tgir
Site Admin

October 13th, 2015, 1:01 pm #15

I just watch for cheap entertainment, to be honest. I also loved JDM although I also didn't want Alicia to end up choosing him. I don't need to see her have another love interest, especially not one that reminds me too much of Peter.

That said, I don't know if I mentioned this before but my theory is that Peter/Alicia truly reuniting is the end game, I think.

I also really like Margo Martindale. She plays her character very well. It's always the same character but she does it well.

Here's the thing: I like all of the actors quite a lot. I don't necessarily enjoy all of the characters. Or the plots. Remember that I've only watched the last couple of seasons with maybe a random partial episode from earlier seasons. I really disliked Will and had an extremely hard time imagining Alicia being even tempted by him.

I like Canning but that's pretty much entirely because I really like MJF and am sorry that his series didn't get past the first season. He's charming, even when he's playing evil. I am glad that Howard Lyman was less the incompetent senile old man for just a bit, getting in some good digs against Cary. I like Cary ok, but he seems to have exactly 2 expressions, one of which is a bemused smirk. David Lee is easy to hate, which is his real function on the show.

A lot feels contrived and artificial. Alicia needed to choose Amanda as her investigator as a substitute for Kalinda but then Amanda had to be shown to be not Kalinda so Alicia could go with the hunky enigmatic older male detective who may be double crossing her.

I am ok with all of the machinations for plot. I just can see them very well. Which makes me think that I'm intended to see them because I'm not that clever.

I miss seeing Diane and miss seeing Diane and Alicia on the same side. Don't miss Alicia's son at all. Her daughter is great but there is no way she came from Alicia/Peter.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

October 13th, 2015, 4:05 pm #16

I love JDM. I'll be happy watching this season just to see him. :wub: :P :wub:
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 13th, 2015, 7:51 pm #17

I also thought the plotline about Amanda was pretty contrived.

What really crack me up was the reference to the movie it follows. That movie got good reviews so we rented it and I thought it really sucked. It was supposed to be some new horror classic but I thought it was just another mediocre cheaply made film

tgir
Site Admin

October 13th, 2015, 11:15 pm #18

Yeah, but wasn't that the film that Eli was watching obsessively?

I rarely like horror films.

Krystal
Site Admin

October 14th, 2015, 12:46 am #19

I love good ones but they are really rare it is good science fiction. It was the one that he was watching. Like I said it got good reviews including reviews from the New York Times and I thought it was really stupid. I wouldn't waste anybody's time by telling them to see it.

Dax
Site Admin

October 20th, 2015, 4:07 am #20

Only a few minutes into this one and I already like it because it's funny... Alicia's reaction to finding Howard in her home... Howard flirting with Jackie in the elevator... Ruth showing Eli his tiny new office...