Cheryl
Elite Members

February 14th, 2011, 4:16 am #41

Bilki, I don't care what you say.....Michael Easton is HOT, HOT, HOT! I think he's a good actor, too. I loved it when that lone tear went down his face the other day. So sad. I hope John dumps Natalie and quick. I remember Nat when she was with that Jared dude and I agree, they were Dullsville, Inc.

Did anyone see the old OLTL eppy that aired on Friday? OMG, it was so cool! Seeing young Roger Howarth with his scar and his long, flowing hair. My gorgeous Thorsten Kaye (oh my!) also of the long, flowing hair. And Nathan Fillion when he was Joey!!! OMG, he was so damn cute! And Gina Tognoni was cute as a button. I think she's prettier with a little more weight on her like she was back then. I love watching those old eppies.
Last edited by Cheryl on February 14th, 2011, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

blosslover
Site Admin

February 14th, 2011, 4:37 am #42

Mitch Lawrence killed Jared. I didn't mind Jared and Natalie, but the whole "incest" thing was ridiculous.

The 1995 episode was fun because it felt like a soap. I know that sounds wrong, but I miss "real love scenes" and scenes that last more than a minute here and there.

bilki
Site Admin

February 14th, 2011, 5:19 am #43

Well, Cheryl, I guess we won't have to fight over Michael Easton. You can have him, LOL!

Now I wish I would have recorded Friday's episode. Would have been fun to watch an episode from the 90s. Interesting that they showed an episode with Roger Howarth. I wonder if that was intentional because of the picture of Todd's old face thing they recently did with Blair/Ted King's character.

I didn't know Mitch killed Jared. Thanks, BL! So is Mitch dead? Or could he come back from the dead?

blosslover
Site Admin

February 14th, 2011, 12:43 pm #44

Mitch is in prison again. So he can come back, but hopefully he won't as the last story was bad. That's why Jessica had issues delivering baby Ryder as Charlie shot her accidently while aiming for Mitch due to Jared.

Cheryl
Elite Members

February 14th, 2011, 9:43 pm #45

Bilki--I had no idea it was going to be an old one. I noticed that my dvr didn't record Friday's episode and automatically assumed it had screwed up. So I went to SoapNet (which I will miss sooooooo much when it's gone!) and recorded that day's eppy later on that night. I was thrilled when I saw all of those old characters. It was too cool.

BL--thanks for telling us the date. Hubby and I were arguing about it, he said it looked like an 80s eppy because of the long hair and I guessed mid-90s. I'm good! :P

P.S. And I TOTALLY agree with you about the love scenes then as compared to now.......NO comparison. There were some very sexy, romantic scenes in that eppy, especially between Marty and Patrick.
Last edited by Cheryl on February 14th, 2011, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

bilki
Site Admin

February 15th, 2011, 1:05 am #46

Cheryl wrote:There were some very sexy, romantic scenes in that eppy, especially between Marty and Patrick.
Was it Susan Haskell's Marty, or the recast? If it was Susan Haskell, then I'm really mad at myself for not recording it.

They run those repeat episodes periodically, Cheryl. Earlier in this thread, jbrr1212 explained that it's part of their tightening of the budget. I'm going to have to start recording them just to make sure they're not something I want to see.

I haven't watched today's episode, yet. I usually save it to watch while I eat my breakfast. But I'm tempted to check it out now.....

blosslover
Site Admin

February 15th, 2011, 2:15 am #47

It was Susan Haskell as Marty. It was when they were in Ireland back when they first met. Supposedly other than holidays, they are eliminating these reruns. Figure too many people complained and in ratings months it dropped them by a lot which hurt the bottom line.

PS here is the list of people on the ballot to get a pre-nomination Emmy wise for OLTL...if two or less people are listed they are automatically pre-nominated for OLTL. Click on the link to read the rest. http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Features/Articl ... oms_NB.htm

ONE LIFE TO LIVE
Lead Actress in a Drama Series
• Kassie DePaiva • Susan Haskell • Florencia Lozano
• Erika Slezak • Gina Tognoni

Lead Actor in a Drama Series
• Jerry verDorn • Robert S. Woods

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
• Melissa Archer • Ilene Kristen • Hillary B. Smith
• Robin Strasser • Bree Williamson

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
• Brian Kerwin • Mark Lawson • Sean Ringgold

Younger Actress in a Drama Series
• Kristen Alderson • Shenell Edmonds • Farah Fath
• Kelley Missal • Brittany Underwood

Younger Actor in a Drama Series
• Eddie Alderson • Nic Robuck • David A. Gregory
Last edited by blosslover on February 15th, 2011, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

February 15th, 2011, 5:56 am #48

Gina Tognoni for lead actress? I love her but is she out of her mind? She hasnt had a storyline since returning to OLTL! Its made even more rediculous since Robin Strasser and Hilary B Smith are in the supporting actress category.

bilki
Site Admin

February 15th, 2011, 4:44 pm #49

blosslover wrote:Supposedly other than holidays, they are eliminating these reruns. Figure too many people complained and in ratings months it dropped them by a lot which hurt the bottom line.
I didn't even realize they showed a repeat during a Sweeps month. How bizarre!

Monday's show was one helluva ride! I kinda loved it that Charlie went to see Echo, which is strange because Viki is one of my favorites. Joey looks like such a sap marrying that Aubrey. I know he doesn't know she's conning him but with all the drama going on around them you'd think he might wait until his sisters are on the mend. Not to mention that he shouldn't really think Kelly is out to cause trouble for him. The Jess/Natalie/Brody/John scenes were pretty great. Of course, that rotten Natalie wouldn't take any responsibility for her actions. I don't know how I feel about the possibility of Tess coming back. The last time I watched they had her with someone locked up in the Llanfair basement and it was a stinker of a story. Was it Natalie she had down there? All that I can remember is Tina's little dog barking at the basement door.

I know that Echo knew that Clint is really Rex's father, but how did Charlie get sucked into all this? At some point did Echo lie to Charlie and tell him he's Rex's father in order to steal him away from Viki?
Last edited by bilki on February 15th, 2011, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blosslover
Site Admin

February 15th, 2011, 6:17 pm #50

Robin Strasser I think said on her hotline she wanted to be in supporting. It is the performers choice at least at OLTL for the category.

Yes Friday was February sweeps and they did this, same as in November...and November it was mid-week, which hurt the ratings for the other days.

Actually for part of that Jessica was her other alter Bess, not Tess. Bess is like Jean Randolph. Poor David Vickers and he was a she!

Charlie "guessed" he was Rex's father. Echo did not dispel that notion even though she knew that Clint was the father as did Clint--but Clint was going to throw Rex into prison if Echo didn't keep her mouth shut (the scenes that made me go OMH they have sex chemistry help me...)