jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 10th, 2011, 5:05 pm #161

I didnt know anything about Irene. I dont even remember reading any casting news about her. Strange!

Had to LOL at yesterdays show and Jack talking about the woman who was cloned in Springfield. I would have loved if somehow Zimmer could have delivered that line but still it was a nice wink to us GL fans. I also enjoyed John telling Jack to shut up...that kid makes me crazy.

blosslover
Site Admin

August 10th, 2011, 5:11 pm #162

There was one thing back in May (casting side), but when no one heard anything it was thought to be false and ignored. There was no info about anyone being hired as Irene...(from reading about the web it was Barbara Rhodes in the role)...

bilki
Site Admin

August 12th, 2011, 4:07 pm #163

It's rare that soaps do anything to surprise me these days, so the Irene thing was nice. I'm curious to see what they'll do with Tina coming back, though I'm not sure they have the time to explore anything of depth. Unfourtunately, the whole "cloak and dagger" cheesey-ness of what Irene is doing is relatively groan-worthy. It's like 80s soap opera.....but not in a good way. What was that group that had GL's Billy brainwashed to kill Kyle? Infinity? At least their symbol was cooler than Irene's clunky prism-looking thing.

blosslover
Site Admin

August 12th, 2011, 5:18 pm #164

Yes it was Infinity, and they used the Infinity symbol...

I agree with you it is very 80s soap opera!

bilki
Site Admin

August 19th, 2011, 3:53 pm #165

What did y'all think of Irene's story? It was going to be somewhat outlandish but I didn't have too much trouble suspending disbelief. It seemed like they covered their bases, though I wasn't watching when TSJ's Todd was introduced on the show. I like that they're twins. Makes me wish TSJ was sticking around, now. Certainly plenty of storyline potential there. In hindsight, I should have expected Victor to lie about being Todd but I was a bit surprised. Make for some good scenes there with Tea and Danielle, and then Starr showing up.

The Todd/Viki hug at the end of Wednesday's show made my eyes water a bit. Also enjoyed Thursday's Todd/Starr scenes.

Wish we'd get to see more of Irene. Something I read made it sound like her stay was short-term. I was really hoping to see her interact with Tina.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 19th, 2011, 5:58 pm #166

It was way outlandish and silly but I also didnt have too hard a time suspending belief to get invested. Though it dragged on and on in the beginning I thought the reveal itself was nicely paced and well thought out. Loved the Viki/Todd hug and the Starr scenes as well. I missed that connection between Starr/Todd. I kinda wish TSJ was sticking around too but I'm happy with RH as Todd. I am glad they did it the way they did because it makes me feel like investing in TSJs Todd for the last 8 years wasnt a complete waste.

Not so into the spotted pony stuff though. Seems unnecessary at this point. I like Delphina so its fun to have her back.

Was that the end of Kelly/Joey or are they going to get a proper goodbye? If that was it, it was very disappointing.

I also read that Irenes stay was short so I'm guessing thats probably it for her. It would have been fun having Tina in the mix for all this.

blosslover
Site Admin

August 20th, 2011, 3:32 am #167

We haven't seen Joey and Kelly's last scenes yet. The Spotted Pony stuff is about more than Rex thankfully, but don't want to say more since this is not a spoiler thread.

No idea how much more we will see of Irene if anything more...Tina does need to be involved in all of this obviously.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 20th, 2011, 3:59 am #168

I read right after I posted about Kelly/Joey that they will be around for a bit longer so I'm glad that wasnt their ending. I know where the spotted pony stuff is going and I still dont like it lol. Maybe once we get through the Rex portion I will change my mind but right now I'm just bored with it. I'm getting to the point where I cringe everytime JPL comes on. If I never see him or NuJack again it will be to soon.

bilki
Site Admin

August 22nd, 2011, 9:11 pm #169

Friday's show was relatively good. The stuff with Victor Jr was kind of chilling when Starr first showed up there. Wasn't sure what he would do. I guess I can see Jack and Danielle saying he's still their father. He's the only father they've known, from what I've seen. Starr not accepting him as her father made sense. I would have been disappointed if they'd written it some other way. I was disappointed enough that they didn't have her mention all the rotten things he'd done to her. I was practically screaming it at the screen.

On the one, I could see Todd wanting to blame Blair and Victor for losing all those years with his family. He's angry right now. But we were all there when Irene explained all that she'd done. It just didn't feel believable to me that he wouldn't lump Irene in there as one who'd done him wrong. I don't know if that was meant to give us insight into his state of mind, or just sloppy writing.

The "Spotted Pony" stuff is groan-worthy. Not to mention that Melissa Archer and JPL are too flimsy to be driving entire scenes. It was cool to see The Zimmer's hubby, though. If I hadn't been keeping tabs on Zimmer's book thread, I wouldn't have known it was him. Thanks, BL!

bilki
Site Admin

August 25th, 2011, 3:39 am #170

I'm guessing Kim's secret friend is either Gigi or Staci, which sucks either way. I dropped the show before they got too deep into the Staci madness but Crystal Hunt was bad from the start. Can't imagine why they'd bring that little show-wrecker back. If it's Gigi, I'm sure it will be all about Rex finding his way back to her. GROAN! At least I can understand why they'd bring Gigi back, though I have no desire to watch it.

I'm curious to see what they're going to do with Days next month, so I'm going to check that out. OLTL is going to have to be REAL good for me to watch both.