blosslover
Site Admin

July 30th, 2011, 1:28 am #151

So the Vickerman premiere? Thoughts on that one...

Mia Korf as Blair...HA HA HA!

I felt badly for Markko, and I like him with a beard.

Howarth finally with his peeps!

jbrr1212
Elite Members

July 30th, 2011, 7:31 pm #152

Finally......they all see Howarth! I was beginning to wonder if that would ever happen.

Mia Korf as Blair was hysterical.

Though it was campy and silly I have to admit I was glued to the TV the last couple days for Vickerman. Soaps do so few big gatherings anymore so I always enjoy when we get most of the cast together.

Markko looked cute with the beard. Also thought it was a nice touch to revisit that Ford used to be Markkos film teacher, after all the stuff with Tess I almost forget about that.

Next week should be fun.

blosslover
Site Admin

July 31st, 2011, 2:39 pm #153

While I enjoy OLTL, I can totally understand why some people hate on it. Camp is not everyone's thing along with the random sexual references like what kind of food Cris was making at the diner. I was OMG about that.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 2nd, 2011, 6:54 pm #154

I dont mind some camp as long as its not all camp all the time. They also came with the drama on Monday so it was nicely balanced.

Now about Monday...I so enjoyed RHTodd finally getting to interact with everyone. It felt a little rushed and there wasnt that classic back from the dead gasp moment since everyone knew the guy with his face was a possiblity but it still worked for me. As much as I grew to like St. John as Todd seeing Howarth back in the mix makes me realize just how much I missed him in the role.

bilki
Site Admin

August 3rd, 2011, 4:27 am #155

I'm no longer recording the show daily. But I did find Friday's on SoapNet after you two wrote about the "Vickerman" premiere. Too much Nate/Danielle crap for me.

I did watch Monday's show. There were a couple good moments. Most notably, when Blair told Howarth's Todd that she didn't know if he was really Todd and he started to tear up. That felt real to me. And when TSJ's Todd reacted with anger to the look in Tea's eyes as she walked up the stairs. For all the build up to this story, there haven't been many truly powerful moments. It's unfortunate because so many capable actors are involved here. Meanwhile, the pointless tween characters seem to dominate airtime.

Do either of you think that Todd has been taken in a darker direction with TSJ? Sometimes I wonder if Howarth's Todd would have done some of the things that TSJ's has done. Would he have treated Starr so poorly? Would Jack be the sociopath-in-training that he is? Would their lives have really been that different if Howarth had stuck around? It would be interesting if they explore some of these issues but I doubt it will happen.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 3rd, 2011, 6:42 pm #156

Its funny you mention where we would be if RHTodd had stuck around, I remember thinking during Starrs pregnancy that RHTodd would have never treated her so badly. Hes always had a dark side obviously but it does seem the change with TSJ was pretty drastic. Maybe Howarth knew the plan for the character and thats why he decided to leave when he did. I do remember him commenting back then that he hated the direction they were taking the character. I would be interesting if they explored that aspect but with so little time left and TSJ exiting I doubt that will happen.

bilki
Site Admin

August 4th, 2011, 3:55 pm #157

When I watched in the early 90s, Todd was more troubled than the evil he can be now. I also remember Howarth leaving due to the direction of his character. I think he left for that reason a couple times.

The Todd-in-jail/Tea scenes were good. I liked Viki turning to see him sitting there in the jail cell, even though I think Viki should have been major player in this storyline weeks ago.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

August 4th, 2011, 7:17 pm #158

Viki should have been a major player in this story from the start, no question. I do love a good Slezak reaction shot though and that was a big one. I am really enjoying it now getting into the layers of it all with the Tea visit in jail then today with Vikis talk with him. Its funny I was upset about TSJ leaving but now I almost cant wait for him to go. Everytime they cut away from Howarth to TSJ I just want to yell at the tv to switch back to Todd lol. Yeah I guess I'm convinced now Howarth was, is, and always will be my Todd.

bilki
Site Admin

August 10th, 2011, 4:03 am #159

Last week's Thursday episode with Viki and Todd-in-jail was pretty good. Loved the flashbacks! Those two has great on-screen chemistry. I enjoyed the stuff with Tea and TSJ-Todd, too.

Friday's show was OK. Starr's visit could have been just as good as Viki's but it fell a little flat for me. After she asked him all those questions, then said he read the answers in the book, I thought, "Why the hell didn't you ask him other questions???????"

I caught bits and pieces of Monday's show but didn't see anything that made me think I should go back and watch the whole show. I still can't believe Nate and Danielle are getting so much airtime. WTF!!!

bilki
Site Admin

August 10th, 2011, 3:57 pm #160

Did anyone else know they were reviving Irene Manning? Early in the show, when they were only showing her body parts, I guessed it would be Irene or some character I wouldn't recognize. I guess I was right on both accounts.

I still remember those flashbacks they created during the Viki/Niki storyline in the mid-80s of Viki spying Irene in bed with Victor. That was to be the cause of her split personality disorder. Then in the 90s, I think it was supposed to be that Victor molested her. Silly writers!