Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 7th, 2016, 12:46 pm #51

I'm still confused why they got rid of Nina so fast. I kept thinking Martha was going to get a bullet in the head too. I just can't imagine her going to Russia without trying to run away again. She must have taken a bunch of Valium.

They need to kill the minister family. They should have done it before minister's wife got pregnant. Now it will make things worse.

I would have really been pissed off if Stan walked into my house and went directly for the beer in my refrigerator and then walked out with a 6-pack. If he did that to my wine I would have ended his life right then in my kitchen. :P
Last edited by Gatekeeper on June 20th, 2016, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

May 7th, 2016, 1:46 pm #52

I agree the pacing seems to be 'off' but this show does have a history of slow build so I'll cut it some slack. I do think we have not heard the last of Martha. She's actually still 'en route' so maybe she tries to dodge in Prague?

I think Nina's death was intended to propel this whole 'turn' Oleg (Borov) plot that keeps being hinted with Stan. Maybe they are gonna play with the "MAD balance" and show how one side wins something (Martha's info/escape) and then the other side (Stan turns Oleg).

That was an awesome scene with Elizabeth and Paige - I also wonder if it's going to be Paige who ends up approving of the execution of the minister and family and who she decides. I can easily see Elizabeth laying out the options for Paige if things get dicey, and rubbing her nose in the decision. Paige's ultimate loyalty could be an end game... Is she an "American?" Does she put her family ahead of politics (leading to support for the Soviets if P/E stay loyal) or does she ever see the Soviet side of the political/military/spy game POV? I have to admit I wasn't a big Paige fan but they've twisted the story into a place I'm interested in seeing develop.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

May 7th, 2016, 3:37 pm #53

The scene with Elizabeth screaming at Paige with a vein bulging out of her forehead could have been a scene from my childhood. I just wanted to give Paige a hug, lol.

I reasoned Martha was being so cooperative over being shipped off to Russia because she really does love "Clark" so much that she doesn't want any harm to come to him, which made me even more disgusted with Philip.

It had been so long since we'd seen Lisa and her alcoholic boyfriend (husband?) that I can't even remember what that mission was about. Obvious that it was over for her as soon as she mentioned the police.

Loved the yelling match between Philip and Elizabeth and how they were comparing the emotional attachments the other has formed along the way.

I think I finished the episode feeling like Elizabeth is the worse of the two because she takes such a cold-hearted approach to things. But maybe Philip is worse because he appears to be more pained by things, yet continues with the behavior.
Last edited by bilki on May 7th, 2016, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

May 25th, 2016, 6:16 pm #54

Two more seasons coming. 5 will be 13, 6 will be 10. 75 episodes total.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/the-america ... 201762485/
Last edited by Dax on May 25th, 2016, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 26th, 2016, 8:25 pm #55

Bilki, I'm sure had enough rounds with my mother screaming at me like that as well. Not such good memories.

Both episodes were good, I hated Elizabeth all the more for acting like she had sex with her friend's husband. She is destroying their family after they have been so good to her.
I have not eatched the most recent one yet.

I was glad that the pastor was not killed and I think it was interesting that it was finally resonating with page that she might end up having to go to Russia. I really was not a paige fan, but it has been pretty intense and I have to say the girl is doing a great job in the role.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 10th, 2016, 9:27 pm #56

Wasn't impressed with the finale. I don't think I cared enough about William, and the situation seems too contrived, because I just don't believe they will go "home" to Russia.

It seemed a weird time to introduce Misha-the-son....

There were some good scenes, like Stan inviting Phillip in and talking about Paige and his son getting married. :D
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

June 10th, 2016, 11:19 pm #57

I think I liked William more than you, KMI, but I thought his story felt relatively pointless in the grand scheme of things. The one thing I did like was him infecting himself with the virus (?), because I don't think he believed he would go "home" and live the pretty picture that Gabriel was trying to paint.

Does Gabriel ever get sick and tired of spinning fairytales for these people? Does he even have a soul?

Martha's story was my favorite part of the season. Odd that they resolved that in the middle of the season and saved William's anti-climatic story for the finale.

I have no idea why they gave this show 2 more seasons.

Dax
Site Admin

July 3rd, 2016, 8:27 am #58

Finally caught up. I enjoyed the season... Was only spoiled about Nina. Surprised and saddened by Gaad's end.

Poor Martha.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchi ... s-from-now
Last edited by Dax on July 3rd, 2016, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.