bilki
Site Admin

April 17th, 2016, 10:04 pm #31

I really enjoyed all of stuff with Martha. It feels like she's starting to lose her grip.

This isn't the first season that feels like too many balls in the air. I think it's something we discussed in the previous season and perhaps the one before that.

Kimmy. They didn't conclude anything with her. In one of the recent interviews I read, the Showrunners said Philip is likely still getting intel from her father but we aren't seeing it at this time.

Stan turning Oleg seems a little too obvious but I don't know where else they could go with the two of them.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 17th, 2016, 10:15 pm #32

This is the only show we are currently watching besides the end of Better Call Saul. I'm not crazy about it but it's okay. It used to be I didn't like Martha or Stan and now they are practically my favorite characters. I really feel sorry for Martha she has been used and she really loves Clark.
Last edited by Krystal on June 20th, 2016, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 22nd, 2016, 4:58 am #33

This was a really tense show in a real cliffhanger. Poor Martha. She should go running to the police ASAP but she really loves Clark I feel so bad for her.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 22nd, 2016, 10:01 am #34

Martha's cluelessness about the reality of her life horrifies me. Makes me wonder what huge misconceptions I'm walking around thinking. :P
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2016, 2:38 am #35

A bad day for Martha. One stinking revelation after another. I tried to put myself in her mindset for each reveal and I'm surprised she didn't have a nervous breakdown.

"And everyone will know that you're KGB," gave me goosebumps.

William still makes me chuckle.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2016, 2:12 pm #36

bilki wrote:"And everyone will know that you're KGB," gave me goosebumps.
Yes. Because Clark has carefully not said much.

I think the show is consistently taking Philip's side in matters (Like, not wanting to leave Martha to deal with William). What it means in the long run, not sure. He turns, and leaves Elizabeth in the end?

I forget the original intro. Is William a turned American, or a long term illegal like Phillip and Elizabeth? The comment about his wife seemed confusing.
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2016, 3:38 pm #37

William is an illegal. Gabriel told Philip and Elizabeth that William had been in the US for 25 years and had accomplished pretty much nothing.

It seems like Martha may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for Philip. While I think she's being used as a pawn, it does appear as though Philip really cares for her. And we've known that Philip isn't as committed to the homeland's cause as Elizabeth since the start of the series. Plus, Philip seems to be getting more and more defiant towards Gabriel.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2016, 4:16 pm #38

I think Phillip has always been the more moral one and really doesn't like to use people whereas Elizabeth is completely amoral and doesn't care who gets hurt. He really does care about Martha even though he doesn't love her like a man would love a wife. I feel terrible for Martha and I really hope she can get out of this alive and not in Russia.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2016, 4:17 pm #39

In the beginning didn't phillip tell Martha that he was working for some us agency?

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2016, 7:40 pm #40

Yes Krystal, I think that was his original cover story - that he worked for some secret defense dept that kept tabs on the agencies (a la the NSA today). I think it was when the FBI office found the pen, he had to let out the truth as she realized too much didn't add up...BUT he never told Elizabeth or Gabriel that he had pretty much dropped the subterfuge with Martha.
iii
iii
iii