Krystal
Site Admin

April 8th, 2016, 2:48 pm #21

Don't read this if you haven't seen the last show.

I can't believe that they killed Nina off. Why have the story about her if they weren't going to get her out of that prison. I was really pissed.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 8th, 2016, 8:55 pm #22

Krystal wrote: I can't believe that they killed Nina off. Why have the story about her if they weren't going to get her out of that prison. I was really pissed.
Me too. All that story just to kill her made no sense.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 8th, 2016, 9:53 pm #23

Well that's just it. If they were going to do that why did they just keep showing her and her relationship with the guy all that time they spent on that just became meaningless. Really pissed me off.

bilki
Site Admin

April 9th, 2016, 12:17 am #24

Any other ending for Nina would have been a made-for-TV fairy tale. She was a traitor to the USSR during some dark days. I love Nina but I would have been rolling my eyes all over the place if they had contrived a convenient way out for her. I do wish they'd done it last season, though. All that happened this season feels like they were just dragging out the inevitable.

I don't know if it's intentional (I'm leaning towards it is) but I feel like the show runners enjoy teasing us with some potential event, then snatch it away from us. As in all of this build up to having to kill Pastor Tim, then Elizabeth has a fever dream and decides to call the whole thing off. That's what pissed me off, lol.

Dylan Baker is good fun as William.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 9th, 2016, 1:10 pm #25

I agree Nina needed to die, and I agree however the pacing and the storyline seems weird. I expect the event will propel Oleg Igorevich Burov to some important action/change. I predict Stan turns him, he seeks asylum? Betrays the Rezidentura? (I can never remember his name. Does he have a nickname i can use? And I can never remember the name of the KGB center within the Rezidentura that are the hub of the power directing Gabriel, Claudia, and our 'heroes' Elizabeth and Phillip.)

If true, then I think there should have been a tighter connection. Oleg could have lost his brother and returned to Russia earlier, visited with Nina, gotten his hopes up, yada yada.

Good article from January about the real illegals spying here... http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... an-reality
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

April 9th, 2016, 3:49 pm #26

wrote:I can never remember his name. Does he have a nickname i can use?
Arkady is the Rezident, the head of the Rezidentura.
wrote:And I can never remember the name of the KGB center within the Rezidentura that are the hub of the power directing Gabriel, Claudia, and our 'heroes' Elizabeth and Phillip.
The Centre is what they call their headquarters back in Russia. Are you thinking of Directorate S? That's the name of the program that dealt with the Illegals in the US.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 9th, 2016, 5:08 pm #27

Yes. the Directorate S....

I meant does Oleg have a nickname. For some reason I never remember Oleg.

iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

April 17th, 2016, 12:49 pm #28

Poor Martha. The Valium should make her feel good, though. That episode made me wish she would use her gun on "Clark" and ride off into the sunset.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

April 17th, 2016, 1:27 pm #29

I thought the beginning of the season was strong, but now it's sagging. Too much time on Pastor Tim and Paige, and as much as I like Langella and Baker, the stuff with William seems pointless. I appreciate long term payoffs but I think there's too many balls in the air to keep my patience. I want more about Henry and Stan, and Oleg and Stan, and the actual work of the FBI and the 'illegals.'

And whatever happened to the teen girl (Kimberly?) who was the daughter of a high level govt poobah? Did I miss or forget a conclusion to that arc?

I dunno, this one seemed super weak. The only thing that really held my interest was Oleg.
Last edited by KMInfinity on June 20th, 2016, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

April 17th, 2016, 6:42 pm #30

Behind... Didn't read above... Made it almost a week without being spoiled on the big death... Saw THAT there was one, but not who, but then there was a bit of casting news referring to her as an alum... Oops.

Anyway. Doing 2-5 today. Airport shuttle scene in 2 is very intense...