Site Admin

January 21st, 2015, 6:27 pm #1

Dax
Site Admin

February 19th, 2015, 4:27 pm #2

bilki
Site Admin

February 26th, 2015, 5:18 am #3

A few tidbits from the opening stood out. Dan, with the gray beard, said he was intent on being remembered. Lindsay, the girl with the tats, claimed she's the most mentally strong person on the planet. She also said someone from the blue collar tribe would win.

That guy puking after eating the scorpion made for a good laugh.

Carolyn finding the idol after the other two lied about it was funny, too.

Shirin said she's been applying for 10 years and has never been more prepared for the show but she sure sucked at that puzzle.

Surprised they turned on So so quickly.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

February 27th, 2015, 12:22 am #4

I enjoyed it a lot. Wasn't sure I'd like the premise, but as always it comes down to casting and characters. Seems like some good ones.

So far I'm liking WC Carolyn, BC Scorpion Mike, and NCs Jenn and Joe.

Reserving judgment on WC Tyler, BC Rodney, and Will. As usual, most of the girls seem interchangeable. I don't think it's me and my feminist sensibilities, but the girls themselves.

Vince is c-r-e-e-p-y. Off to look for spoilers and to see if Vince is already screaming 'I got a bad edit.'
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

February 27th, 2015, 5:26 am #5

It was nice to have some distinct characters right off the bat. I feel like I made myself learn more names than I usually do at this point.

Vince seemed more like an opportunistic-cult-leader kind of guy than a laid-back free spirit. Did you see anything about him complaining about his edit, KMI?

KMInfinity
Site Admin

February 28th, 2015, 1:29 am #6

:D Funny you should ask.

One strategy (old school in style) to analyzing future gameplay is keeping track of who's following who on Twitter, who's friends with who on FB...seems Vince is not so popular with the Survivors now that they're home...
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

March 5th, 2015, 2:51 pm #7

Was that really a blindside? Sometimes I think Jeff is too liberal with the term. It seemed like Vince had some idea he might go.

Don't understand why Joe-Jenn-Hali chose to split their vote. Kind of a dumb move but I'm pleased it worked out for them.

Nina's tantrum was a bit of a surprise considering I'd imagine she's previously dealt with the experience of feeling left out in her real life.

Tyler trying not to look at the half-naked Shirin made me chuckle.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 5th, 2015, 4:03 pm #8

>>>>>Don't understand why Joe-Jenn-Hali chose to split their vote. Kind of a dumb move but I'm pleased it worked out for them.

Because of they way idols are now indiscriminately everywhere ever since Russell Hantz. (Some of) The new players are rumored to have tutorials with past players in a "Survivor 101" style. That's why so many can make fire almost from Day One.

The split was because they knew Nina was actively looking for the idol. They don't always show the idol business if it isn't directly affecting play, but they may have already been told they're out there and already gotten clues. The 'idol business' is often 'Plan B' for the editors only if the cast is boring and this bunch seems to have some characters so they're getting airtime relating to that rather than Idol-angst plots.

I will bet she pretended to find it and that's a good strategy if no one else actually has it yet. So (if Will had gone along with the plan) two vote for her, two vote for Vince, and Vince-Nina vote for X. Nina plays the idol, Vince and X tie. Will, Jenn-Hali vote Vince, Nina votes Joe.

The assumption is that splitting the vote is a safe way to flush idols because the spliiers will have the majority in the revote. Someday, someone is gonna realize a splitter could revote wrong or change his mind and force a second tie. But everyone is afraid of the Purple Rock, so that's unlikely unless there's another really game naive player like last season's Keith.

I'm really glad Will switched up. Stupid Vince. Glad he's gone and not Jenn-she reminds me a LOT of someone I know.
iii
iii
iii

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 5th, 2015, 4:40 pm #9

Random Notes based on editing.... just for the heck of it.

*WC got only one scene. That's never happened with 3 tribes before. ::da da dummmm::

*Rodney seems like he's being set up for a really negative villain role.

*It's never ever happened before department: after TC, we did NOT 'come back' to camp with the white collars... hmmmm...

*A great GREAT winner quote: Will - "I don't want to see you again until the end, Jeff!" (Though the editors have gotten good at inserting winner style quotes for a lot of the cast.)

*A lot of people (NC Jenn-BC Mike-WC Max) are getting heaping helps of BOTH pos/neg editing, including SPV.

iii
iii
iii

blosslover
Site Admin

March 5th, 2015, 5:54 pm #10

I thought they dumped the purple rock of doom as people hated it and the rules were changed again. Then again perhaps it is only not an option if someone has individual immunity in the special Survivor magazine I got in honor of the 30th season beginning Jeff wrote how the rules were changed because of what happened in Marquesas.