KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 5th, 2015, 8:48 pm #11

Well he may have is mistaken - because fairly recently strategies included discussion of 'drawing rocks' and they drew rocks in #27.

from Survivor Wikia...
http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Tiebreaker

Current Rules

Though implied in Survivor: Palau, the current rules for deadlock ties were further elaborated in Survivor: Samoa. Outside the show, slightly before the premiere of Survivor: Palau, Jeff Probst stated in an article on EW that the following rule was in effect since Survivor: Marquesas, except for the final four tribal council. As of the current season, the following rules will apply in breaking tied votes:

---If a tie occurs, a revote would happen (with the aforementioned rules applied).
---If there is a tie again in the revote and there are five or more castaways left in the game (not counting those on Redemption Island during seasons that have it in play), the Rock Drawing tiebreaker would happen. Everyone present at Tribal Council, except players who have Individual Immunity and those who have used Hidden Immunity Idols, and those who were tied, would draw a rock in a bag. The castaway who drew the rock that is differently colored than the others would be eliminated (or sent to Redemption Island if it is in play).
---At the Final Four, a revote may or may not occur. If there is no revote or if there is a tied revote, a firemaking tiebreaker will occur.
---If only two castaways remain on the losing tribe pre-Merge, no votes will be cast and a fire-making tiebreaker will occur. It is unknown how the Hidden Immunity Idol interacts with this tiebreaker.

The reason why the Rock Drawing tiebreaker is still in use is to prevent castaways from forcing a tie vote, putting members of evenly-numbered alliances in a precarious position (either to get a member from the rival alliance to tip the scales, to personally go to the rival alliance if flipping would be considered better for one's game, or to force a tie and hoping that a rival alliance would be eliminated through the Rock Drawing tiebreaker, regardless if the one eliminated is the main target or not).

The point I think is to cause a flip, because otherwise, the VOTERS are at risk and the targets are now safe.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

blosslover
Site Admin

March 5th, 2015, 9:28 pm #12

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps Jeff meant that now when there are 4 people left it is no longer an option, which is what he should have said...

Dax
Site Admin

March 5th, 2015, 9:37 pm #13

Agree that wasn't a blindside.

bilki
Site Admin

March 6th, 2015, 3:36 pm #14

wrote:*It's never ever happened before department: after TC, we did NOT 'come back' to camp with the white collars... hmmmm...
I noticed that but wasn't aware it was something that hadn't happened before. Maybe they had a boring conversation when they got back?

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 6th, 2015, 11:39 pm #15

It's ALL boring...lol, until the editors manipulate the context or ASK about it to create a confessional... I don't remember when it started but for a loooong time now the tribe that attends tribal council 'gets' to explain their vote. There have been some really boring votes in the past but they still got the clip explaining it. In this case, there could have been some content developed to explain why Tyler sided with Max's side, and something from Joaquin about his chances now, or how he'll need to adapt/accommodate/kiss ass, blah blah...

The fact that there was NO content to explain Tyler's decision looks very very bad for Tyler's chances to win, and based on editing he had the BEST chance of the white collars so if he's the best they got... da da dummmm

Most analysis has it narrowed to four/five players already, with any chance to win at all - based on previous edits...
Last edited by KMInfinity on March 6th, 2015, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

March 12th, 2015, 3:48 am #16

I think I'd rather watch them have a separate reward challenge than all of that moot-point tribe interaction but it was fun to watch blue collar Lindsey and Mike go at it.

Poor Nina. I don't think she was really mentally prepared for the game. That was an interesting tribal council, though. I almost thought they were going to keep her.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 13th, 2015, 10:47 pm #17

>>>>I think I'd rather watch them have a separate reward challenge than all of that moot-point tribe interaction
Almost the exact opposite reaction from the folks at the Survivor edgic site. :P

I'm thinking the winner will be someon e who combines all of the 'collar' skills, and can fit in anywhere.

Joe is my early pick.

Lindsey will not win. I hope Rodney won't either. He was looking good until his hissy fit.

bilki
Site Admin

March 14th, 2015, 1:47 am #18

Yeah, I figured the ones who study the show appreciate all of that tribe interaction more that I do. I enjoy some of the arguments but for some reason I like how the two separate challenges breaks up the episode.

Joe is the young No Collar guy, right? I could see him making it to the end.

Which site is it that you like most for episode analysis, KMI?

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 15th, 2015, 12:32 am #19

ugghhh. Just lost the post.

I really like TDT's stuff. He's an old old school spoiler from the dawn of the show. I used to be on a spoiler team with him.
http://www.truedorktimes.com/s30/recaps/e3.htm

Rob Cesternino also has a good site for in-game insight.
http://robhasawebsite.com/category/surv ... on-30-cbs/

He has recappers who summarize each scene - a true recap - and analysis. He also has a podcast, usually with a guest, which can be great or blah. He also does a great job with interviewing the recently voted off.

The really nitty gritty analysis is on Sucks or private sites - Sucks spoiler forums if you don't mind crazies mixed in (the MESS forum there is pretty sensible).
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/directory/

PTV recaps.
http://previously.tv/shows/survivor/s30/
Episode discussion...
http://forums.previously.tv/forum/82-survivor/

Dax
Site Admin

March 19th, 2015, 7:31 am #20

First hour injury... Ow.

Second hour Tribal Council... Hee. That was funny.