Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

blosslover
Site Admin

August 19th, 2016, 11:00 pm #1

Here is a Link to True Dork times to the cast. There will be two contestants that will be in season 34, that are part of this cast. The site I shared does not have that info FWIW.

bl (who finds it annoying that the search gave me an error, so if there already was a thread on the new season i apologize and that my spellcheck doesn't think Millennial can be plural.)

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 20th, 2016, 11:16 am #2

blosslover wrote: bl (who finds it annoying that the search gave me an error, so if there already was a thread on the new season i apologize and that my spellcheck doesn't think Millennial can be plural.)
Were you logged in when you did the search? If so that is strange. Anyway great job and thank you. And no, there wasn't a thread already for this season so thank you for creating one. ;)
Last edited by Gatekeeper on August 20th, 2016, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

August 20th, 2016, 8:47 pm #3

I've not been following the S34 Game Changer returnee spoilers and am surprised at some of the names. Being a Survivor player is almost becoming a full time career for a few of these folks. :P
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

blosslover
Site Admin

August 21st, 2016, 1:14 am #4

I haven't been following the S34 stuff, because I want to get through this season first, and don't want to be potentially spoiled about the people who are in S33 also. :)

bl (I was logged in, typed in my query in the search box, hit enter and it said you aren't logged in, so I hit my back button and created this thread.)

Dax
Site Admin

August 21st, 2016, 5:47 am #5

I've had trouble with the search box on school computers, I think...

I'm curious and willing to be spoiled on the returnees in 34, if ya wanna send me somewhere to see that info... (I don't wanna see a boot order, but I doubt that's out there anywhere... Don't mind seeing who comes back from 33 - might be kinda fun to pay more attention to them, knowing they'll be two-in-a-row...) (changed my mind... more fun to try and guess)
Last edited by Dax on September 22nd, 2016, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 21st, 2016, 12:12 pm #6

blosslover wrote:bl (I was logged in, typed in my query in the search box, hit enter and it said you aren't logged in, so I hit my back button and created this thread.)
Lovely. I'll have to put a ticket in I guess. ^o)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

August 24th, 2016, 5:17 am #7

After KMI sent me to the 34 cast of all returns, I decided not to peek at the two-from-33-that-will-do-back-to-backs... Instead, gonna try to see if I can guess who they'll be...

bilki
Site Admin

September 22nd, 2016, 1:51 am #8

All of the bleating about one generation being so much better than the other was groan-worthy, so I was pleased when they moved beyond all of that. How funny that the male model GenX-er was the one to point out that they shouldn't underestimate their enemy.

That storm was awesome! How did those camera guys hold still when some of the Survivors had trouble walking to the boat?

It was nice to see the one older Millennial guy take charge when they got back to camp and feel good about himself.

I was disappointed that the GenX-ers let Rachel and David start that puzzle.

The Gen-Xer with the eye infection seemed like she was voting with the other guys but her vote was for CiCi. And why did CiCi even get 3 votes???

Did we get any Talking Heads from the older Asian woman? They kept showing her facial reactions at tribal, which didn't mean much of anything because I don't think we know anything about her.

blosslover
Site Admin

September 22nd, 2016, 2:22 am #9

My one thing is this how is someone from 1963 anything like someone from 1981. Yes both Gen-X for the case of the game, but could be in completely different parts of their lives. Same with the 18 year old and the ones who are about 30 on the Millennial tribe.

bilki
Site Admin

September 22nd, 2016, 3:11 am #10

Yes, it's a silly dividing line. I could agree that there's a different work ethic between the two generations but I don't know that that makes for a major obstacle in what drives one to compete and win a challenge. I think we're all wired to want to win.

And I found it amusing that the pretty/cool kid Millennials split off to their little click, which I remember happening during my GenX high school days.