bilki
Site Admin

November 28th, 2016, 12:33 am #41

Interesting. I suppose there are plenty of times a move looks really stupid to us but looks entirely different to them at the time....and vice versa. I imagine it can be frustrating for them to sit and watch the editor's version of what actually happened to their life.

The best part of the winner's ranking list was all of the people who wanted to argue about it, even after he explained that he knew people would see things differently. I enjoyed the Boston Rob bashing, mostly because I sat through that dreadful season.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

November 28th, 2016, 9:18 am #42

I dont know if its the editing or what but I'm having a really hard time connecting to this season. There have been a lot of fun tribals and I'm entertained by them but I'm not really rooting for or against anyone. Then by the time the next week rolls around I forget what happened the week before. Maybe its just me. I cant quite put my finger on what the issue is.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 28th, 2016, 10:53 pm #43

You are voicing the complaints of those who think there is an "EotW" (Eviction of the Week) focus at the expense the overall storyline for the season, which makes it harder to keep the players and events in mind.

I think the gameplay is bad, but the drama is high. Sorta like watching a trainwreck. If David pulls this off it will be amazing. If he doesn't and Ken wins, I'll be wondering just how boring Ken really is if he's had ONE confessional in FIVE episodes. If anyone else wins (Hannah?) I'll be WTF????
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

December 1st, 2016, 2:31 am #44

Cue the sappy music and the waterworks! My eyes did water a bit, though, because I'd read that Adam's mother passed away shortly after filming the season.

Has it ever been discussed what the average number of days is for the Survivors to get to this point of being highly emotional at the sight of loved ones from home? Would it happen after only 15 days? Do the producers ever discuss how long it takes for them to start to breakdown mentally in different ways?

Gosh, Ken, way to be a big baby over your name being brought up! I did chuckle when Will talked about how working with Ken wasn't any fun. Maybe that's why the editors haven't show us much of Ken? It gets old hearing people talk about honor and integrity when they're playing Survivor.

It was fun that Adam played his idol, though it was unnecessary in the end. Poor Will. But honestly, Zeke was a more interesting player to me than Hannah.
Last edited by bilki on December 1st, 2016, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

December 1st, 2016, 2:41 am #45

Oh, and someone just reminded me about how upset Ken was with Jessica after he told her that they were coming for her, then she went and asked about it.

Dax
Site Admin

December 1st, 2016, 5:41 am #46

I backed up and watched a couple parts a couple times, and I still didn't quite understand how/why Ken exposed the plan to vote out Zeke... but okay, extra drama on Will's choice...

Kinda rare for someone to play an idol for somebody else, so that's always a fun moment, and the other side didn't know that THEY knew they'd be voting for Hannah..

bilki
Site Admin

December 1st, 2016, 5:57 am #47

I don't know that Ken exposed the plan to vote out Zeke as much as he exposed Will's intention to vote against Zeke, while Zeke was thinking Will was voting with him. And while Ken was claiming that he was testing Will, I thought it seemed like more of a case of wounded ego.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

December 1st, 2016, 11:13 am #48

Yeah people are calling Ken the new Coach. :P I know there's always film on the cutting room floor but I don't see how any of it could justify Ken's actions. I agree, he was mostly blowing up Will's game, but I guess he was also trying to see if Will was lying and that hadn't targeted him. The problem is that if Will "passed the test" (as he was telling the truth) he's now pissed.

And yeah, he was sooooo pissed at Jess when she did it. lol

Another nail in the Ken Wins crowd.
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

December 15th, 2016, 3:44 pm #49

Well now we know why Ken didn't get a Winner's Edit. Adam's story was quite emotional. I did appreciate what he said at the reunion show about it being a story to those of us looking in on the snow globe but it's actually his real life.

Did he talk about his mother at Final Tribal? I haven't watched it but I saw plenty of tears when I flipped over to the reunion show.

Dax
Site Admin

December 15th, 2016, 5:21 pm #50

He did, yeah, right towards the end...

I didn't love his use of his story (as empathetic as I am to it) to maybe sway the jury to vote for him (not that he wasn't deserving), but wow, the reunion tears were powerful... that he came home and had JUST an hour with her... so terribly sad, and yet far 'happier' than if he'd MISSED her by an hour, or five minutes...

David and Hannah transformations were fun... they'll probably be chosen to play again sometime, and I think I'd have (wrongly) guessed David as the 34 returnee if I'd stayed spoiler-pure to the end...