bilki
Site Admin

May 19th, 2016, 4:58 am #61

Michelle got the million but Aubry will always be the winner to me. Those jurors are morons with Scot and Jason at the top of the heap.

Dax
Site Admin

May 19th, 2016, 5:30 am #62

I thought the 'vote a jury member out' trick was kinda fun.

Only starting the reunion hour now, but I'm doubting anybody will discuss the thing I'm most curious about... How'd the cast react when they learned their season had been 'bumped', and they'd have to wait that much longer or learn who'd won, or discuss anything with anybody, and all that stuff?

KMInfinity
Site Admin

May 19th, 2016, 9:45 am #63

Dax I bet that will be discussed on some of the blogs and net interviews. Fishbach alluded to it privately as being "an issue." The casts often become friends with different seasons so I'm sure something will come out.

Bilki I agree. Once Cyd left, I was sure my Michele pick was d-e-a-d, because I had scenarios where I could see Michele beating Cyd but not Aubrey. A lot of edgic picked Michele and agree the edit was pretty balanced but that ultimately Aubrey's story was stronger even in the finale. I wonder if that was intentional on the part of the editors (to subvert Michele because they didn't like her much - that's been documented, especially when Jeff doesn't like the winner) or if Michele is just such a poor speaker the editors couldn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. The sour grapes on the jury are pretty common but with Bounty and Bully it was especially obvious, imo, that the jury would not respect Aubrey's game. Michele will go the way of Natalie White...
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

May 19th, 2016, 1:38 pm #64

Someone at PreTV commented that even the editors thought Aubrey played a better game, which made me smile.

Did Aubrey get just the 2 votes? Tai should have gotten at least Scot's vote for that awesome blindside but Scot is too much of a whiny baby to recognize that.

With that jury, I don't think Cydney would have been able to beat Michelle, either. Not unless Cyd had won the power to evict one of those jurors.

If any of you find some discussion about reactions to the season being pushed back, I'm curious myself.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

May 20th, 2016, 3:48 am #65

I thought the finale episode was pretty strong. My vote would have been for Aubrey, but I was really fine with any of the final 4 as a winner. They all had some merit and argument in the games they played. I liked the vote out a jury member, was a little surprised Neal came off so bitter about it with his mini-rant at Michelle. I didnt remember those 2 having any issues prior to his leaving so it seemed kinda out of left field to be that bitter. I do agree Michelle will be largely forgotten as a winner in short order.

I thought the reunion was awful. More awful than usual.

Premise of the next season while not necessarily "new" as they've done younger vs. older before is interesting to me. Hoping for another strong cast to follow up this season as it was one of the better ones in quite awhile.

Dax
Site Admin

May 20th, 2016, 5:03 am #66

Neal's hissyfit to Michelle was dumb... And as rehearsed as any BB hamster working out their speeches a couple nights before... He'd obviously meant to say it at the final tribal, but had to push it up...