Dax
Site Admin

March 16th, 2017, 7:17 pm #11

What was JT"s plan?... not remembering...

Kind of a bummer that Caleb didn't pass Day 9 again. Oh, well...

The two-to-three tribes was interesting... I was maybe a little surprised to see so much (discussed, perceived) 'loyalty' among 'original tribes', since it was ONLY after six days and two tribals...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 16th, 2017, 10:11 pm #12

JT took his tribe out spear fishing in the ocean then swam back to camp to look for the idol.
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

March 16th, 2017, 10:38 pm #13

Poor Caleb. I knew I was forgetting something and didn't figure it out until right at 9pm, so I missed the whole episode.

Dax
Site Admin

March 17th, 2017, 9:39 pm #14

Oh, right. I don't think he found one, or they'd have shown it... they pretty much caught on to what he must have been doing...

bilki
Site Admin

March 23rd, 2017, 1:20 am #15

That was a fun Tribal even though much of it was done in whispered voices. Sad to see Malcolm go. He's one of my favorites.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

March 23rd, 2017, 9:11 am #16

That was a fun tribal. Not sure I liked the two tribes coming together to vote. If not for the idol it would have been a predictable vote. I feel like editing is trying too hard to make us believe the vote will go in an opposite direction from where we know its going (in this case toward Sandra and Brad) just so they can have their stupid hashtag moments. I liked Malcolm but I'm ok that he's gone, one less alpha. I still dont know who I'm rooting for.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 23rd, 2017, 9:59 am #17

Yeah, that was highly manipulated. And apparently, folks are speculating (still unspoiled, so maybe there's more info) they were given "special instructions" before the tribal that we did not see.

Hallie: I didn't consent...

Meaning, they were told they could share info and discuss with each other...and voting wouldn't begin until they all greed they were "ready" because the producers WANTED the whispering and last minute in-tribal strategizing. And that "surprised" look on Probst's face was acting.

But I bet they did NOT think Malcolm would be the victim, but Sandra... hahaha
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

March 23rd, 2017, 1:46 pm #18

But Malcolm is a Good Guy Alpha! As a guy who always sucked a sports, I'm a bit fascinated by these guys who go out there and dominate athletically. That was pretty cool how Culpepper made that comeback for the Reward Challenge but I still don't like him.

So was Culpepper misleading JT into making him think they were going after Sandra? I'm still not sure I understand how it went down with Malcolm going home after all of the whispering. I thought Culpepper and JT were working together.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

March 23rd, 2017, 9:55 pm #19

Yeah there's a lot of deliberately edited confusion for the audience, I guess so that they can build the drama followup in camp. NTOS has Sandra making the case JT betrayed them. I couldn't tell, but I thought I saw a subtitle of JT telling Brad to target Sandra, that Malcolm was with him. I might actually rewatch and note the subtitled dialog, which has often been significant to gameplay and winner chances.

Brad seems to be a lot of people's frontrunner, but I think he's the decoy - plus i don't like him. A lot of people also like Sarah's chances.
iii
iii
iii

bilki
Site Admin

March 23rd, 2017, 10:31 pm #20

Brad Culpepper as the winner??? UGH! I'd rather watch Sandra win for a third time.