bilki
Site Admin

July 14th, 2016, 9:43 pm #21

wrote:There were a number of issues where he behaved stupidly but you can see how a fairly naive young man might do some of those things.
Once the young woman got into his cab, I think his prime motivation for making bad choices was his high hope that he was getting laid. I'm assuming she was feeding him cocaine but I agree with you that it was stupid for him to not know exactly what he was putting up his nose. The poor guy just wanted to be another notch-in-the-bedpost so badly. The actor was good at making him both sympathetic and knock-upside-the-head stupid.

blosslover
Site Admin

July 15th, 2016, 1:51 am #22

I'm horrified in regards to what Joshua allegedly did, (using that term as he wasn't found guilty, that said due to the prior conviction surprised they would use him on a season for kids.)

Dax
Site Admin

July 15th, 2016, 1:55 am #23

Yeah. Though that was just in January... Think everything prior to this week's show was done aWHILE ago...

Krystal
Site Admin

July 15th, 2016, 2:00 am #24

Indeed getting laid by a man that age especially an inexperienced one is a very high priority. At times in my life I have behaved recklessly but I have never taken any drug that I didn't know what it was other than a few puffs of marijuana. I have leaned on alcohol on occasion but I know what three martinis will do to me and the price that I will pay the next day. Even when I was very young I thought why would anyone take any kind of white powder or anything else when you never know if someone put rat poisoning or arsenic in it. There were very few drugs when I was growing up and I don't even remember my mother warning me about them other than drinking underage but it just made no sense to me to risk your life with an unknown substance. I guess I've always just been a very logical person. But I certainly know many many people even many of my friends that I consider fairly conservative that had done a little Coke in college. I thought the show was very well done and I'm looking forward and hoping that it continues to be so

blosslover
Site Admin

July 15th, 2016, 2:37 am #25

The auditions were in February and March. Trying to find out when the Academy stuff, but haven't had any luck on that measure. It is just a screwed up situation.

Dax
Site Admin

July 15th, 2016, 5:18 am #26

Oh. Then yeah.. Surprised they didn't part ways with Joshua sooner (as much as they've always liked him...).

The kids are good. I was less interested in the auditions than ever (still really down on Jason and Paula... miss Mary and/or Mia, and 'sometimes' people like Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Christina Applegate), but the kids were a lot of fun to watch with the all-stars..

jbrr1212
Elite Members

July 15th, 2016, 6:40 am #27

I didnt like the auditions at all. I did enjoy the kids with the all stars this week a bit more but I'm not a huge fan of the kids format. I like Paula but not so much Jason. I do miss Mary too.

Dax
Site Admin

July 15th, 2016, 11:14 pm #28

The Night Of (HBO) - 8 part miniseries
-
John Turtutto -- Jack Stone
Riz Ahmed -- Nasir 'Naz' Khan
Bill Camp -- Det. Dennis Box
Payman Maadi -- Salim Khan
Poorna Jagannathan -- Safar Khan
Sofia Black-D'elia -- Andrea Cornish
Afton Williamson -- Officer Wiggins
Ben Shenkman -- Sgt. Klein

I've looked forward to this one for a long time. I haven't seen the British original (Criminal justice, 5 parts, 2008). I love Turturro, but would rather have been seeing originally cast James Gandolfini here...

First one was very good. Yeah, I'd have done pretty CLOSE to anything Andrea asked of me... Yes to the tequila shots, but 'no' to the unknown pill or the coke... DEFINITE 'no' to playing with the knife... But wow, she was perfect-looking... And all that weird sadness hanging off of her... I most definitely would have been hooked, too...

So very strange to me that the fridge was hanging wide open when Naz woke up.

Excellent suspense while he's in the backseat of the cop car and then sitting in the station...

Written by Richard Price and director Steven Zallian (I've met him, and he signed a book for me...)

This one is going to be really good.

Last edited by Dax on July 15th, 2016, 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 16th, 2016, 5:53 am #29

Seems so to me also. Hope the rest of it is as good as the premiere

bilki
Site Admin

July 18th, 2016, 10:37 pm #30

Vice Principals was fun. I don't think I've laughed that much during one episode since a few seasons back of Veep. Has anyone watched Eastbound and Down? It's sports-related, so maybe I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

I still remember Celia Weston from way back when I used to watch Alice as a kid.
Last edited by bilki on July 18th, 2016, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.