Summer Viewing

Dax
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2015, 5:40 pm #1

I still have tons of things to catch up on.

I have not sampled Wayward Pines yet, but I probably will.

I will check out Aquarius on Thursday... first two air together, but if you like it, the whole season will be on nbc.com and hulu all at once, Netflix-style...

I haven't started Orphan Black 3 yet, but will this weekend... #6 airs tonight - has anybody been watching? Total silence... I know Bilki lost BBC America... what about the rest of you?

I haven't started Penny Dreadful 2 yet...

I'm prioritizing hulu-and-what's-on-my-dvr... then a bunch of Netflix/Amazon stuff, and HBO/Showtime (recent stuff) that I maybe saw one or two of and then stopped putting on the dvr because I knew I could watch them On Demand or on their apps later...

Tired. Some days off coming, thank goodness...

tgir
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2015, 6:25 pm #2

Have been watching Orphan Black although I missed the last one. Hope to catch it soon. I don't really enjoy the direction this season has gone as much as earlier seasons. Also it's been a busy tv time. I am unsure about whether I will watch masters of Sex. The trend in TV seems to be characters who are hard to like or relate to. I have enough of that in real life. The acting is terrific. The story? Eh.

I think part of it is that I have so much on my plate that TV isn't so compelling. We'll see how it goes as my ambition wanes...

Dax
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2015, 6:31 pm #3

I liked the first season of Masters of Sex more than the second, but am pretty optimistic about the next one - I like that they're jumping forward in time quite a bit...

Extant is my 'I don't expect I'll watch any more'...

bilki
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2015, 7:23 pm #4

Hannibal! I feel like I've been waiting forever for the new season. Wish they had the previous seasons on NetFlix.

Maybe I'll give Wayward Pines a look if I can find it on FOX OnDemand.

Curious about Sense8 on NetFlix, and I'll give Humans on AMC a try.

Aside from my trash TV on BRAVO, I'm down to Game of Thrones. Haven't cared much for this season of Veep.
Last edited by bilki on May 23rd, 2015, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2015, 7:50 pm #5

I am very anxious for Hannibal and plan to be a next-day-watcher, not be 7 or 8 behind all the time this year...

Interested in Humans.

Curious about Sense8, for sure, but I don't think I'll do the usual watch-the-first-one-and-then-catch-up-on-the-rest-later... I don't wanna watch #1 until I'm ready/able to watch them all...

Veep is one I just saw #1 of, and need to catch up...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

May 24th, 2015, 1:35 pm #6

I need to check out the summer list, especially for new stuff. I won't be in 'summer mode' until the 12th, when my workshop is done. I'm going to try to be very discriminating with adding new shows.

I haven't seen the most recent Orphan Black. The first couple were really awesome in set up and intensity, but I agree with tgir - the story seems to have meandered into a direction I'm not really interested in. I'll post my thoughts in the OB thread sooner or later.

>>>>> The trend in TV seems to be characters who are hard to like or relate to. I have enough of that in real life.

Big fat agree. I could visit the pity party thread daily, especially with 'petty pities." I feel like again I've got the death of a 1000 small cuts going on. A friend recc'ed the hot new thriller book "The Girl on the Train" and I read the recaps and said, nah. I need to care about my flawed people. And I'm really tired of the overused 'unreliable narrator' trope.
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

May 25th, 2015, 4:07 am #7

bilki
Site Admin

May 25th, 2015, 10:23 pm #8

Dax, did you see what Feinberg said about Sense8? It made me chuckle.

I keep forgetting that Rectify will be back this summer.

Dax
Site Admin

May 25th, 2015, 10:47 pm #9

Yeah... I haven't seen Cloud Atlas yet, but I do have a friend that loved it a lot (though his was a minority voice of praise for it...).

They still haven't been more specific than 'July' for Rectify's return... But I'm very excited about that...

bilki
Site Admin

May 25th, 2015, 10:53 pm #10

Oh, I saw an article that said it begins on Thursday, July 9.

I don't know why I'm intrigued by Sense8, as I didn't even like The Matrix. I wanted to leave the theater during the first one but the friend I was with was really liking it.
Last edited by bilki on May 25th, 2015, 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.