tgir
Site Admin

June 17th, 2014, 11:59 pm #81

blosslover wrote:The World Cup games air on the east coast time zones from noon until a little before 8 pm. Since you are in a different time zone, why are you having a conflict even with the one tv. Why watch it delayed so many hours?
Alas, we are a soccer family. All 4 kids played, one through college. Two kids and hubby also have refereed games, although the kids gave it up quickly enough. Parents are not nice people when it's their kid on the field and are not above abusing a kid who is running the line. Hubby still referees as a 'hobby' aka obsession. Some men have fishing; some have golf; others have something bizarrely called football. In my family, the obsession (carried out by hubby and for the most part only the oldest kid) is soccer. Oldest kid has running commentary on FB about matches.

Games start earlier here and end earlier and sometimes he watches replays. Also, we watch a few shows at night: I watched the last GoT and we watch Major Crimes.

I've been off of work so normally, I would catch up on series On Demand or via Netflix for an hour or so during the day but nope: it's soccer!!!!!

Now, back to dig in the dirt and get the rest of my stuff in the ground while I can.
Last edited by tgir on June 18th, 2014, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

June 19th, 2014, 5:25 pm #82

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQYsZEb ... tube_gdata

Looks good. The Honourable Woman, 8 part BBC2 miniseries... on Sundance here, starting 7/24. I like Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Last edited by Dax on June 19th, 2014, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

June 21st, 2014, 7:27 pm #83

This looks fun and creepy. The teasers have been neat, but this gives a bit more... http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/the-int ... o-trailer/

8/23 is a late enough start, though, that I might consider it a 'fall' show, rather than summer...

blosslover
Site Admin

June 22nd, 2014, 1:28 am #84

I think the reason it is starting so late is because it is scheduled to air on Saturday as a companion series to Doctor Who, which is returning in August. John Simm is known to DW fans for his turn as the Master though I knew him first on the original Life on Mars as Sam Tyler.

bilki
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2014, 1:05 am #85

Yeah, I was intrigued by the promos for The Intruders. Got me to turn away from the computer and look at the tv a number of times. My concern was that I'd forget about it by August but if it's starting at the same time as Doctor Who that will make it easier to remember.

Krystal
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2014, 8:41 pm #86

Besides Halt, we are watching Murder in the First. I think it is just so so and may drop it. DH is wowed by the blonde's body :)

From last year, Rectify, and Longmire. I don't know if I will watch Dome this year, it was very disappointing I thought.

Interested in the Tyrant series, so much hype and looks like it was expensive to produce.

Dax
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2014, 9:01 pm #87

Krystal
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2014, 10:11 pm #88

Wow, annoying kids and a stupid wife, that sounds very bad. I actually already thought it might be like Dallas Mid East, but I had hoped for better. I'll still watch one or 2 epis though. I know a lot of middle eastern people as my program was 50% Middle Eastern. Many of them wanted to return back to teach but got stuck here as there were revolutions in their countries (paticualrly Iran) that made it unsafe for them to return.
Last edited by Krystal on June 23rd, 2014, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilki
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2014, 10:45 pm #89

Another WOW at the review for Tyrant. He kinda ripped it to shreds. I wasn't expecting it to be great but that makes it sound un-watchable. Disappointing. Now I'm curious what they'll have to say over at AV Club.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

June 23rd, 2014, 11:46 pm #90

I was gonna give it a try but that sounds terrible!
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2