bilki
Site Admin

July 24th, 2016, 10:48 pm #51

Has anyone watched any of Stranger Things, yet? I ended up watching 5 episodes yesterday. Millie Bobby Brown (the young girl in Intruders) is quite good, and the 80's nostalgia warms my cold heart.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 24th, 2016, 11:36 pm #52

Watched one and i am totally in.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

July 25th, 2016, 10:38 am #53

Like a dumbass I wasn't paying attention to how many Bloodlines we had for Season 2. Finished episode 10 and got all excited for episode 11 for the next night when all of a sudden BAM .... only 10 episodes in Season 2. I've been mourning ever since.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 28th, 2016, 5:00 am #54

Bloodline ending off-season to it did leave you hanging didn't it? Really terrific and I wasn't sure that would be the series finale or not.

In the meantime I have seen two of stranger things and I just love it. Mainly cuz I really like that kind of show and it also reminds me very much of a Stephen King novel even though it wasn't Stephen King that wrote the story

bilki
Site Admin

July 28th, 2016, 11:16 pm #55

Stranger Things was good fun. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. The kids were great and it was just the right amount of episodes that it didn't feel like it was dragging.

Krystal
Site Admin

August 4th, 2016, 4:53 am #56

I liked it a lot and I think gatekeeper would like it as well. I give it somewhere between four and five stars. It reminded me a lot of an early Stephen King novel where young boys who were not quite teens were sort of the heroes. Winona Ryder was very good in this role and the kids were outstanding especially the little girl that played 11.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

August 4th, 2016, 4:59 pm #57

Krystal, I saw the first episode of Stranger Things last night and I'm hooked. :)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

August 4th, 2016, 10:21 pm #58

Ha, I could have figured that :-) might not be up everybody's alley butt it's the kind of show I really like and it was really well done.

Krystal
Site Admin

August 7th, 2016, 6:14 pm #59

There was an article on Facebook about the show that I really thought was a good one it talked about the show being a really good show and acting etcetera however it brought up a really interesting point that I hadn't thought about. That was the show was placed in the eighties but what a different world it was for not so very long ago that the kids were unsupervised that they didn't have a thousand things that their parents dragged them to and that they could get on their bikes and be free to explore and use their imaginations. And that they didn't have their faces on electronic devices but actually interacted with one another. I thought that was a great point being that the eighties were hardly the Dark Ages and I think childhood and maybe even life was better than without all of the things that we have today

Krystal
Site Admin

August 8th, 2016, 4:48 am #60

We just watched one episode of The Red Road on Netflix. Looks like it has potential. I guess it was originally on Sundance but I never saw it before