KMInfinity
Site Admin

November 13th, 2014, 4:08 am #91

>>>>ue in no small part to one particular scene towards the end of the 90-minute installment that’s been five seasons in the making (and which does not disappoint).

So what was this?

iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

November 13th, 2014, 4:57 am #92

I am also curious.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 13th, 2014, 4:57 am #93

Good episode though. I really like Venus. Great last scene too.

Dax
Site Admin

November 13th, 2014, 5:09 am #94

Ausiello was very probably referring to Abel being told by Jax that Wendy was his 'first Mommy'. It was good.

But the Tig/Venus scene was really very sweet and cool.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

November 13th, 2014, 5:42 am #95

Yeah I assumed it was telling Abel about Wendy too, it was good, but that Tig/Venus scene was GREAT.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

November 13th, 2014, 11:43 pm #96

Am I the only one that thought that Tig was going to 'off' Venus after that beautiful moment? I guess I'm a bit jaded.

Oh and how did I just figure it out that Venus is Boyd from 'Justified'??? LOL ... Even hubby didn't realize it until I said 'That's Boyd!!!'. :D
Last edited by Gatekeeper on November 14th, 2014, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

November 14th, 2014, 12:20 am #97

I don't know how you didn't know that before now. I know you didn't marathon Justified until, like, last year, but... we HAVE seen Venus five times in the last three seasons... and while she's very pretty... he IS pretty recognizable, I think...

You're quiet in the SOA 5 thread... here's our first reactions, October 2012...

KMI >> Oh.

My.

Heavens.

I kept thinking, "Who IS that?" "I know I know that actor..." Then Venus took the stepson nerd into the back room and I thought,,, "Holy hell, that looks like...................."

Krystal >> I saw a spoiler and it was.... But I haven't seen the show yet and I am not telling my hsb till we see it....

Me >> Loved that. So very much.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sons-Anarch ... 54456.aspx

Jbr >> It was GREAT!!! I was also thinking who IS that, then it finally hit me and I asked my hubby, omg do you know who that is? At that point we had to rewind and watch the whole scene over to get the full appreciation.

Krystal >> He was awesome! God, how did they get those boobs to look so real! Just shows you can't believe anything you see!

Wonder who thought of that one?

Me >>Read the interview... Goggins' pitch, but he was half-joking... Sutter went back to him a year and a half or so later and said 'So I've written this - were you serious that you want to do it?'

--

HBO has used the same actors multiple times... there are a few that are significant in three series...

But Goggins is probably the most notable for FX - supporting-to-lead roles in two, and a significant 'surprise' role in a third...

(Adam Arkin had significant supporting roles on Sons & Justified, and also appeared on The Bridge - and has directed several episodes of each - but none of those have the same kind of screen time as Goggins...)

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

November 14th, 2014, 2:43 am #98

>>I don't know how you didn't know that before now. I know you didn't marathon Justified until, like, last year, but... we HAVE seen Venus five times in the last three seasons... and while she's very pretty... he IS pretty recognizable, I think...

I know I should have recognized him. I just kept thinking that Venus looks like Steven Tyler. :D Last night I recognized the voice and then put 2 and 2 together. In my defense my husband didn't recognize him either.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

November 14th, 2014, 6:17 pm #99

Last edited by Dax on November 14th, 2014, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

November 14th, 2014, 10:10 pm #100

Venus and Tig dialog was very good. I recognized Goggins right away (in the initial part) but nearly fell off chair,,,,but have to say Venus is far better looking than Boyd :)