jbrr1212
Elite Members

December 10th, 2014, 9:26 pm #141

The homeless woman has been around the whole series. She shows up around all the big moments for Jax and/or Gemma. The only thing we know is that she looks exactly like a woman that died as a result of JTs "accident" who turned out to be Brookes mom.

I think it went down pretty much as it should have. In fact I think it was almost too predictable. I kept waiting for a big swerve somewhere and it never happened. Still I liked the episode and I am sad its over. I think everything was pretty well wrapped up. I like that.
Last edited by jbrr1212 on December 11th, 2014, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

tx_kittybelle

December 11th, 2014, 12:11 am #142

I was also glad the club couldnt take jax to meet mr mayhem. I am sad to see this show go. but I never missed an episode thru all the seasons. I hated to see jax die. but I guess we all knew it was comin. specially after he said "I got this." he went out in a big way. but he went out ridin. I cried like a big baby. I loved the scenes at the end with the club lookin sad cause they knew what was abt to happen. and the tig venus scene was nice too.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 12:38 am #143

Oh I forgot about the Tig/Venus scene ... that was nice. Also Wendy/Nero driving off together ... Still not sure about Abel.

The last scene with Jax riding was just beautiful. I'm not sure how it couldn't have ended without him dying ... on his own terms.

My kid is on Season 4 and she's trying to stay spoiler free but of course the first thing she asked me today was 'Did Jax die?'. I glossed over the answer and said the last 2 episodes were epic. ;)
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 12:38 am #144

Last TWO episodes?... last THREE. Still think the third-to-last was the season highlight...

--

I was satisfied.

Jax killing Roarke (an IRA King) felt like something that... well, it might be FUN, but I don't see how the Belfast charter doesn't all get wiped out now...

Happy ending for Nero, Wendy, and the kids - glad about that.

Chibs is President and Tig is his VP.

>> The only thing we know is that she looks exactly like a woman that died as a result of JT's "accident" who turned out to be Brooke's mom.

I had forgotten that. But yeah, I was kinda thinking of her as being like the oranges in the Godfather films, a portent of a major death coming, except that she DIDN'T always appear at or just before the major deaths... Sutter says it's another Shakespearian nod, that magical ghosts/spirits element... but not SO overt that if you choose to instead chalk it up to coincidence, that's fine, you can do that... Anyway, she was in 1.12, 1.13, 2.2, 2.9, 3.11, 4.10, 5.13, 6.9, 6.13, 7.12, and 7.13.

Shooting Happy in the arm... ouch.

I do think they had to end with Jax dying. Would not have liked him riding off to be on his own somewhere... (... and then he's in Alaska, working as a lumberjack...).

Title of the finale is 'Papa's Goods', which is the company Milo is driving for.

I really like that Chiklis is the one that took out Jax.

I like the song.

The show had its ups and downs over 92 episodes, but I'm way more positive on it than negative... I think it's ending at the right time, and pretty much ended in the 'right' way, though I won't be listing the finale with any of the all-time greats... but it's not going on the 'bad' list, either...

I'll always be interested in seeing whatever Sutter does next. He's got Katey on board again for his next FX project, The Bastard Executioner... okay... bring it on...

Last edited by Dax on December 11th, 2014, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 4:02 am #145

I thought it was a great finale.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 11:01 am #146

Maybe some day. I've read the recaps and I kinda agree with jbrr that there could have been a twist somewhere. This was such an over-the-top show it would have been clever to end with a whimper instead of Jax dying - the classic tragedy ending would have flowed better if it concluded in S5. I'm thinking overall this show would have worked better in five seasons.

Doubt I'll ever watch Sutter again. Don't need to see him work out his demons on screen. He'd be great if he put the story first instead of his own driven agenda.
iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 2:18 pm #147

I agree about Sutter. He is too bent for me.

Dax
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 3:30 pm #148

>> He'd be great if he put the story first instead of his own driven agenda.

I don't know what you mean. There's his needy 'Everybody Please Love Me' thing, but I don't think it really got in the way of the story...

Five seasons vs. seven... Yeah, there was some stretching to keep Jax from killing Clay a lot sooner, for sure... but the show's popularity well-warranted the seven, and it's almost a surprise they weren't pushed to find a way to go eight... (but Sutter seemed to have his heart set on seven pretty early on... think he was saying it as early as 2...)

Krystal
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 3:48 pm #149

I was happy Nero and Wendy got away. But I think Abel is doomed. Jax shot poor Unser without a second thought. I actually thought he got off easy. I would have preferred someone blow up the whole lot of them. There was no one worth redemption.
Last edited by Krystal on December 11th, 2014, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

December 11th, 2014, 4:15 pm #150

Jax didn't kill Unser out of malice, though, and he DID give him several opportunities to leave. Wayne was just another obstacle... I do agree he very probably could still have achieved his goal (seeing out Gemma) WITHOUT shooting Wayne in the chest, but at that moment, he really needed the interruption out of the way...

But yes. Jax was right when he said "I'm not a good man. I'm a criminal and a killer." And of course, he ought to have gotten the kids safely away while Tara was still alive. Mistakes were made.