Dax
Site Admin

April 24th, 2016, 9:42 pm #31

There are mass shootings that don't or hardly make the news everyday, because there are mass shootings nearly everyday.

The world kinda sucks, doesn't it?

Krystal
Site Admin

April 24th, 2016, 9:58 pm #32

Yes there are mass shootings everyday. But people just ignore them. Over 30,000 people killed a year. But if a middle eastern person kills 2 people it is an act of Terror and the sky is falling and the stock market crashes. I just don't get it.
Last edited by Krystal on April 24th, 2016, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tgir
Site Admin

April 24th, 2016, 11:43 pm #33

It's odd: the shootings in GA have had more press than the ones in OH. I heard about the OH ones first. My assumption is that there is less news available because they are trying to determine/locate the killer in OH. The fact that all were members of the same family, living in separate residences and that 3 young children survived.
Last edited by tgir on April 24th, 2016, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

April 25th, 2016, 12:00 pm #34

Ohio shooting had a press conference yesterday. It most likely was a drug related shooting. The property where the victims were had grow houses, etc. Very sad.

___

I love Prince. I'm just so sad he is gone. So young. He was a BIG part of my youth and beyond.

Loved the SNL tribute.

Fred's impersonation of Prince was awesome. I had forgotten how good he was at that.

I still can't believe he was 22 when he first appeared on SNL.

Still very sad.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

April 25th, 2016, 4:04 pm #35

I wasn't as big a fan of Prince as I am of Bowie or Garry Shandling, but I did think he was great at what he did, and I love several of the big hits - When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy... great songs. Yes, too young.

-

http://deadline.com/2016/04/saturday-ni ... 201742996/

blosslover
Site Admin

May 10th, 2016, 2:28 am #36

Was that at the multiple locations and it ended up that they were weed growers? For me the Prince stuff on entertainment programs and channels I got (like how MTV actually showed music).

It was great to see the Church Lady on the latest episode of SNL.

Dax
Site Admin

May 10th, 2016, 4:53 am #37

Yeah, I was glad to see Church Chat... 19th one since starting in Season 12 (October 1986). Only five years since Dana did it last when he hosted in 2011, had been an eleven year break before then...
http://snlarchives.net/Sketches/?67

Dana Carvey is one of my all-time favorite SNL people, and when I was a teenager, I'd do pretty flawless impressions of his big characters and impressions - Johnny, Perot, Church Lady... My next door neighbor loved when I'd do Dana's George Bush for her...
Last edited by Dax on May 10th, 2016, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 10th, 2016, 4:00 pm #38

Dax wrote:Dana Carvey is one of my all-time favorite SNL people, and when I was a teenager, I'd do pretty flawless impressions of his big characters and impressions - Johnny, Perot, Church Lady... My next door neighbor loved when I'd do Dana's George Bush for her...
We will have to come out to Vegas and see you perform a private show for us. :popcorn:

Love Church Lady.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

tgir
Site Admin

May 10th, 2016, 4:32 pm #39

Gatekeeper wrote:
Dax wrote:Dana Carvey is one of my all-time favorite SNL people, and when I was a teenager, I'd do pretty flawless impressions of his big characters and impressions - Johnny, Perot, Church Lady... My next door neighbor loved when I'd do Dana's George Bush for her...
We will have to come out to Vegas and see you perform a private show for us. :popcorn:

Love Church Lady.
Oh, yeah! Let me know when you plan that. I want in.

And I don't even like Vegas.*

*Of course, I've never actually been but desert and neon are generally not my thing.

Dax
Site Admin

May 10th, 2016, 6:43 pm #40

It's too hot here.

I kinda like the neon, but there's a lot less of it than there used to be...