Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 20th, 2015, 1:15 pm #11

Dax wrote:
Darrell's 20th time doing Trump, Amy's 18th time as Hillary, Kate's 9th time as Hillary, Tina's 9th time as Sarah Palin, Amy & Maya's 9th time doing Bronx Beat...
How do you know all these statistics. Do you keep track or google them?
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

December 20th, 2015, 5:45 pm #12

It's all in my head... Kidding.

Nah, a guy named Joe keeps up a great site - http://www.snlarchives.net

Krystal
Site Admin

January 14th, 2016, 5:53 pm #14

I haven't watched the show in a long time however I always find the political clips on youtube and watch those. I was watching Rachel Maddow yesterday and she was featuring some Republican commercials that were almost surreal and seems like they came from Saturday Night Live. I can hardly wait for them to get that material and turn it into a parody
Last edited by Krystal on January 14th, 2016, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

January 14th, 2016, 6:58 pm #15

SNL's political satire seems a little hard to pull off these days because the reality is SO ridiculous, there's nothing to mock... their Republican debate sketch was close to a transcript of the real thing... we're used to exaggeration as comedy, but when reality is so distorted...

Looking forward to the Adam Driver-hosted show this week.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 14th, 2016, 9:07 pm #16

You are correct about reality becoming a parody at least in the Republican Party. The commercial Rachel Maddow showed was as absurd as anything you ever saw on Saturday Night Live

Dax
Site Admin

January 28th, 2016, 3:37 am #17

Praise for Darrell - http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... nator.html

Would be fun if - just as Kenan would tie Hammond's record 14 year-run if he comes back in the fall - Darrell officially rejoins the cast and does a fifteenth season as a cast member.

For as much as we have recurring alumni, the only cast member to ever be in one cast, off for a few years, and then come back and be in another cast is Harry Shearer ('79-'80 and '84-'85). Al Franken did this, too, but was a writer and 'Featured Player', not full cast.

Of course, Norm MacDonald left the show in 1998, and every Saturday, I keep wishing he'd take back the Update desk...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 28th, 2016, 9:18 pm #18

When I watch the political satire now I don't know what is real or not. The Tina Fey sketch this past week was awesome BUT it wasn't as crazy as Sarah Palin herself. Oh and the Trump is just beyond cray-cray.

Last edited by Gatekeeper on January 28th, 2016, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

January 29th, 2016, 1:12 am #19

One friend put it like this >> I finally watched Sarah Palin's endorsement speech for Trump. Holy shit. It reminded me of this old crack whore who used to live in the same shithole hotel I did in Long Beach. She'd sit on the stoop and shout gibberish in between taking dudes into the alley and blowing them for that rock and then stuffing the toilets in the common bathrooms with strips of newspaper, shitting in each one and flushing them all in a row.

>> Palin literally sounded exactly like that. Between that and that weird sweater thing she was wearing I gotta wonder how hard she's been hitting the pipe.

Dax
Site Admin

February 3rd, 2016, 7:13 pm #20