Rebecca Budig

lexilani
Elite Members

3:50 PM - Nov 23, 2010 #1

I think this is one of the deadest board here lol....but did anyone see Rebecca skating on the Skating with the stars show last night? I didn't make a new primetime post because I'm not going to watch or record it....couldn't get into the show at all.

But Rebecca was actually the best skater there. And she looked so happy doing it too. ok....I may record it just to ff to see her skate but that's it. I do hope she ends up winning though.

jbrr1212
Elite Members

9:40 PM - Nov 23, 2010 #2

I watched it (and don't plan on continuing to either) Rebecca was quite good but I had a feeling she would be. I saw an interview with her several years ago and she talked about having skated as a kid, so I knew she had some experience. Shes definately the favorite and I hope she wins!

Other observations of the show.... The host is AWFUL! Dick Button seemed drunk, I noticed last Olympics he seemed to be faltering a bit but last night was a trainwreck. I've never been able to stand Johnny Weir and last night was no exception but he was slightly more subdued than I anticipated. I ff'ed through most of the choreographer judge so I really have no opinion on her. The set seems really tiny. I thought Bethenny got scored pretty low along with the disney kid and Sean was scored pretty high.

blosslover
Site Admin

10:33 PM - Nov 23, 2010 #3

I watched it and was glad that Rebecca did so well. I read a little bit about this show and how it is a play on the British one and Rebecca's partner usually gets duds in the UK. That's why he seemed so thrilled to be with someone who already knew how to skate. While the show wasn't great, if there is nothing else on, I may record/watch it.

lexilani
Elite Members

9:05 PM - Nov 29, 2010 #4

It was all kinds of bad lol...and boring and the host is taking a beating with the critics (well...the ones on twitter anyway).

jbrr...i read that about Rebecca too. And Johnny Weir...just ick.

I think I'm recording two shows at the same time this is on tonight so I won't get the second epi. I thought it was on last night and had already missed it lol.
Last edited by lexilani on 9:08 PM - Nov 29, 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

1:11 AM - Nov 30, 2010 #5

I couldn't get through the first five minutes. Rebecca doesn't really do it for me anymore anyway. She seems so fake. As does Cam Matheson.

lexilani
Elite Members

2:31 PM - Nov 30, 2010 #6

I'm not a big AMC fan...used to be maybe 15 years ago. But I do record it now that I've lost GL & ATWT. I watch and FF through alot of it. I think Rebecca seems like a sweet person irl....not too much a fan of Cameron but he's watchable. I can't seem to get invested in AMC and the storylines. I am looking forward to the Danny as Scott and can't wait until Marissa is gone. Jordy V is still looking good.

There's all kinds of pretty on the show...David is back...not sure if he's staying though.

lexilani
Elite Members

2:34 PM - Nov 30, 2010 #7

just looked at the abc site and saw that Sean Young was kicked off....lmao She seems to suck no matter what she does.

Scorpioww
Elite Members

3:47 PM - Nov 30, 2010 #8

HA!

blosslover
Site Admin

6:18 PM - Nov 30, 2010 #9

Lexilani I understand that sentiment regarding AMC.

lexilani
Elite Members

7:06 PM - Dec 22, 2010 #10

And she won...the trophy. I never did watch the show again but SOD tweeted today that she took home the trophy. Good for her!

Rebecca Budig Skates to Victory
After netting the season's only perfect score, Rebecca Budig (Greenlee, AMC) took home the championship trophy, besting runner-up Bethenny Frankel on the finale of ABC's SKATING WITH THE STARS. "I'm amazed. I'm shocked. I'm flattered," she gushed during the live broadcast; on her Twitter, she exulted, "Are you kidding me?!? Thank you Fred [Palascak, her pro partner]! Thank you everyone!!!" Vincent Irizarry (David), Finola Hughes (ex-Anna, AMC/GH) and Ian Buchanan (ex-Greg, AMC et al) were on hand to celebrate Budig's victory.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/