Krystal
Site Admin

January 10th, 2015, 6:05 am #11

I never saw her before this show.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 10th, 2015, 1:48 pm #12

Love Amy Acker. KMI, I was just thinking that I haven't seen Buffy or Angel for a few years and I think it's time I start rewatching. Next time I have a long break and an empty DVR I'm going to try and start them again.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Dax
Site Admin

January 10th, 2015, 9:00 pm #13

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 10th, 2015, 11:25 pm #14

>>>"You can’t read the closed captions, those people are renegades! They’re writing their own damn show.”

LOLOL

(referencing that the CC says there was a gunshot when the show fades to black, not an indeterminate 'sound' that could be the elevator slamming shut as the evil Samaritan bitch takes Sameen into custody....)
iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

January 11th, 2015, 5:49 pm #15

Those people are optimistic that the show will be on in two years I guess. I wonder about Shah dropping out to have kids at this time. This is the first really good job she has had and I don't think her hsb is exactly George Clooney. However tic toc with women and I hope she gets something or returns here again.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 11th, 2015, 8:17 pm #16

Krystal, POI very handily beats its competition in its time period. Though it does drop of a lot from NCIS and NCIS-NO, I doubt anything would hold those NCIS numbers. And its numbers are down since Taraji left.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/0 ... dy/346561/

I guess it would depend on whether they think they could get something as strong to replace it, which is always a big if.....

Also...there are some new rumors (I guess due to Shahi leaving and Taraji Henson on Empire) that Taraji Henson did not really willingly leave, but was pushed.... um, did anyone hear any substance to that rumor?
iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

January 11th, 2015, 9:26 pm #17

I depend on you guys for info, so no. I liked Henson a lot. Shah grew on me but Root has not. I didn't realize the show had such a big following, NCIS I know is popular, I can't figure why but like the old LO it just keeps ticking away. I have it on live while preparing dinner so it gets not a lot of attention.

Dax
Site Admin

January 11th, 2015, 9:54 pm #18

Henson definitely left willingly... She had a 'gentleman's agreement' when she joined that it not be 'forever', even if it was probably a pretty standard five year deal that she signed... She and they knew that she wanted 'less' than that if it was possible...

I think POI running seven years is a pretty safe bet (but I think I'd prefer it go out in six... I'm already anxious to see Emerson in something else...).

>> I wonder about Shahi dropping out to have kids at this time. This is the first really good job she has had

She's had other good jobs, and her name was in the mix for a bunch of stuff before joining the show full-time (Remember how her solo 'relevant side' felt like a planted spin-off? That was considered, but I think she was also attached to two pilots that season... Neither went forward, but either way, her career seemed to be on an upswing when she took the spot here...).

I doubt she'll really take two full years off, but it's cool that she can if she wants...

>> and I don't think her hsb is exactly George Clooney.

No, but only George Clooney is, right?... But her husband (Steve Howey) does have a good career going, himself (his show's fifth season premiere- Shameless on Showtime- is tonight, and funnily enough, his character just became the father of twins...).

Last edited by Dax on January 11th, 2015, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

January 15th, 2015, 9:50 am #19

Loved the Camryn episode. Good balance trying to show the growing reach of Samaritan....
iii
iii
iii

Krystal
Site Admin

January 16th, 2015, 4:09 pm #20

I did not much like it either. I guess when I have some replacement shows I will be done with it.