Site Admin

July 12th, 2015, 9:06 pm #1

Rami Malek -- Elliot Alderson
Carly Chaikin -- Darlene
Portia Doubleday -- Angela Moss
Martin Wallstrom -- Tyrell Wellick
and Christan Slater -- Mr. Robot

-

#3 - Oh, good. Wellick ISN'T that high up, he was just bullshitting Elliot in #2. That didn't feel right.

Always on the lookout for Fight Club/Sixth Sense/Dexter 6 clues that Slater Isn't Real - the bartender serving the appletini ignores him (but he IS being really obnoxious, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything...).

Elliot's whole 'I'll be more normal' thing is very reminiscent of Dexter...

I like Shayla.

The nudity/sex and profanity audio dropouts, besides further shouting how much USA's programming model has changed, make me wonder what other territories the show has been sold to. It's really not very 'basic cable' at all...

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 13th, 2015, 2:04 am #2

Yeah the big debate is whether only Mr. Robot (Slater) is unreal, or if ALL of fsociety is. I haven't read all the debate but people are claiming that Darlene, at least, has interacted with others.

I'd be cool if Mr. Robot turns out to be real. :P
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

Dax
Site Admin

July 13th, 2015, 2:35 am #3

Yeah. Shayla and Darlene 'met' in this one, sorta kinda. Shayla would have voiced a question if Elliot was kicking Nobody's There out of his apartment...

We've just seen that device so many times now that I'm definitely hoping Slater IS real... I think that's more interesting.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 13th, 2015, 9:54 pm #4

I quit the show because I do really not want to be involved in someone's dream or hallucination. There is too much about the show that is confusing and I am not sure I even have anyone to cheer for.

bilki
Site Admin

July 14th, 2015, 4:19 am #5

It's not holding my undivided attention but I found myself rewinding scenes when I thought I'd missed something with EP3. I'm not in the mood to try to figure out if Mr Robot is real or a figment of imagination, though.

I may be more intrigued with Tyrell Wellick than Elliot, as his motivation feels more straight-forward. It made me chuckle that he pays that homeless man to let him beat the shit out of him.

Reading a recap of EP3 helped me to understand what's going on a bit more.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 14th, 2015, 2:02 pm #6

Yeah I like reading recap/analysis to help with insight, but if I feel too stupid, like I'm missing too much, then that's not good. :P
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2

bilki
Site Admin

July 14th, 2015, 2:19 pm #7

Part of it is the techie talk, being introduced to a bunch of new characters, and then my forgetfulness. This little cloud of confusion hangs over my head while watching. The recap mentioned Angela's boyfriend receiving the CD from that guy on the street, which was when I finally realized how his computer was being hacked. Is the guy who's listening and watching in the dark-ish room the same one we saw on the street? If so, I didn't put that together.

At least I'm still at the point of trying to figure out what's going on....except for whether Mr Robot is real or not, lol.
Last edited by bilki on July 14th, 2015, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 14th, 2015, 3:29 pm #8

Yes. Guy on the street who 'accidentally' bumped into the couple Elliot works with is the guy hacking them. or part of a group. The hacker definitely works for someone else. Not sure exactly yet, there's an Asian connection.

However, I am suspicious that the hacker is actually working for Elliot, as a way to get to his bff girl. I am thinking Elliot may have multiple personalities. He may end up being several people later on. Ideally he will run two separate hacker organizations that are pitted against each other. :D

j/k.........sorta :P

tgir
Site Admin

July 14th, 2015, 6:06 pm #9

Just finished #1 and am surprised by how much I like it. Am so not a computer nerd. Am a bit....skeptical about what seems to be multiple disorders: asperger's for certain but coupled with schizophrenia? That's...complicated.

Should be interesting show..

Krystal
Site Admin

July 14th, 2015, 10:01 pm #10

I liked the first one as well but then not.