Krystal
Site Admin

January 7th, 2010, 4:56 am #81

OK, I just saw Stranger Than Fiction and really liked it too. Would have never thought Ferrel would be in a movie of that type so i guess it just got pass me. Good cast. Thanks for the tip!!!

nickischwinn

January 7th, 2010, 7:02 pm #82

Dax wrote:>> Now I can't even recall but think this is the one filmed in Chicago with the huge truck explosion right downtown? That was awesome.

Hmmm... No, not Iron Man...
I think the movie that had the semi-truck that flipped over and exploded was "The Dark Knight." Batman vs. the Joker.

I agree with whoever liked that RDJ was shirtless and pantless in Sherlock Holmes. I read that Brad Pitt has signed on to be in SH2.

District 9 was good. Weird, but I enjoyed it. I also liked Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, Lakeview Terrace, The Soloist, The Time Travelers' Wife, Taken, Invictus, Star Trek, Transformers 2. Hated The Mist, Harry Potter and a few others that I basically slept through. But realized something important--I need to get a life and quit going to all these movies. :whistle:

Dax
Site Admin

January 7th, 2010, 8:06 pm #83

Dark Knight... hm. Could be. I don't remember the stunt, but a lot of stuff exploded, for sure. Not in Chicago, but... Krystal? Could that be it? Did you see that one?

I liked District 9 and Star Trek.

Haven't seen any of those others you mentioned (except Harry Potter, and I always enjoy those, some chapters more than others), but I'm anxious to see Taken and The Mist - heard great things about both. I'm not in a hurry for Transformers 2, even though I didn't hate the first like I expected to. I have a friend with one line in The Soloist.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 7th, 2010, 8:31 pm #84

Another must see, if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0sCy_WwDWM

It's called Nine and it's a short movie, about 10 minutes. It got so popular that it was made to a film by that I haven't seen yet. But I strongly recomment not to miss on the short one. I don't want to say anything about it as I think the best impact is watching it and not knowing why, so enjoy.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Dax
Site Admin

January 7th, 2010, 10:00 pm #85

The original short is on the dvd, which I'll get to 'one of these days'...

'9', not to be confused with 'Nine' (the musical currently on screens, based on '8 1/2') or 'District 9'... lot of 'nine' movies this year...

Krystal
Site Admin

January 7th, 2010, 10:18 pm #86

Yes Dax, it was one of the Batman movies filmed in Chicago. Did not like earlier ones but liked this one. It was the most recent.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 7th, 2010, 11:26 pm #87

Dax wrote:The original short is on the dvd, which I'll get to 'one of these days'...

'9', not to be confused with 'Nine' (the musical currently on screens, based on '8 1/2') or 'District 9'... lot of 'nine' movies this year...
Thanks Dax.

Yes, it's 9. I haven't seen the one in cinemas, but I loved the short one a lot. I've read the long one was not as good as it didn't capture the atmosphere that well.

But talking about Nine, that's something I want to see, too.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

January 8th, 2010, 4:57 am #88

We just saw "A Perfect Getaway" a thriller with Timothy Olyphant. I really liked this one it had a lot of suspense.

Cheryl
Elite Members

January 9th, 2010, 4:20 am #89

nickischwinn wrote:I agree with whoever liked that RDJ was shirtless and pantless in Sherlock Holmes. I read that Brad Pitt has signed on to be in SH2.
RDJ, Jude Law, and Brad Pitt all in the next Sherlock movie. God is smiling on us!!! :applause:

Seriously, I think my new favorite couple is RDJ and Jude Law......they were great together!
Last edited by Cheryl on January 9th, 2010, 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

January 10th, 2010, 7:20 pm #90

Well speaking of nudity, Olyphant used to show his tight ass on Deadwood on a regular basis, and I am glad to tell you all that it was featured in this recent Perfect Getaway too.