Krystal
Site Admin

February 4th, 2014, 12:31 am #421

I just read the Times article. Sickening. I don't know if Mia did the right thing, better he was convicted, then maybe someone would put an award up his ass in jail.

I looked at the list of films etc and again, I didn't see many of them as I loathed the man for some reason just looking at him. And the ones I did see, I couldn't get around him, and didn't like them. I also strongly dislike Diane Keaton and her mannerisms and idiot clothing, so Annie Hall which i did see, I really hated.

Funny he had that effect on me. I find a number of actors pretty awful but just couldn't stand him from the first minute I saw him.
Last edited by Krystal on February 4th, 2014, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

February 5th, 2014, 8:58 pm #422

We rewatched Prometheus last night. Think I acually liked it more this time. I think my expectations were too high originally.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

February 6th, 2014, 11:28 am #423

iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

February 7th, 2014, 12:06 am #424

Dax
Site Admin

February 8th, 2014, 3:51 am #425

tgir
Site Admin

February 8th, 2014, 5:01 am #426

Well, he's lying about there having been definitive determination that Dylan had not been abused. Or else the other guy who said that he declined to prosecute because he didn't want to cause Dylan more harm is lying. One has a lot more at stake.

Interesting piece in Slate, from Roman Polanski's victim:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... _have.html

I don't understand why the courts would have allowed two unmarried people to adopt a child together, as they did Mia and Woody. Twice. In those days, that was not at all common. But to me, it speaks to the power of wealth and fame. The fact that he was allowed to adopt two more children with the woman he took nude pictures of when she was a teenager and who is the sister of 3 of his children does not really provide any evidence that there was nothing to the earlier allegations.

Of course none of us was present and so we cannot say with any certainty what did or did not happen.
Last edited by tgir on February 8th, 2014, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

February 8th, 2014, 12:51 pm #427

Nick Kristof is my very favorite of favorite reporters. I follow him on FB, use his HBO doc in class when studying the Holocaust, and for five years have given extra credit for students who follow him and write about his posts. Ive even applied to his 'teacher travels' project in the hopes of being chosen from thousands to accompany him on reporting an issue somewhere in the world...usually somewhere scary. He is someone I trust - as much as any journalist can be trusted. Like Cronkite-level trust.

He usually keeps a pretty even keel, and works hard to see both sides. In the HBO doc, he sits down with warlords and genocidal nut cases and stays cool. He and his wife have made women's issues a huge focus, and that's been the focus of their recent book and PBS special "Half the Sky." So I can see why he's really not a Woody fan.

Just knowing Kristof has essentially 'chosen a side' confirms my own views.

https://www.facebook.com/kristof

In case you can't find the link on kristof's post later on:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/ ... al_twitter
Last edited by KMInfinity on February 8th, 2014, 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iii
iii
iii

Dax
Site Admin

February 8th, 2014, 6:28 pm #428

I read the 10 Facts piece, but not yet the Orth-on-the-Farrows profile from last November's VF.

Strongly agree with tgir that it's impossible to state anything with certainty because we weren't there.

For me, though I fully understand the difference between a man and his art... Woody's work IS so 'personal' that it DOES feel like I know something of his 'character' from having watched most of his films. I 'trust' him as much as I trust any stranger I've never met.

Woody's knocks at Mia's character (her age when she first got involved with Frank, her history with the Previns, Ronan's probable paternity) are way 'off-topic', but do serve to make her a less reliable witness (or 'victim' figure).

I do believe Dylan is telling her truth, but I do strongly doubt that what she believes happened actually did.

Krystal
Site Admin

February 9th, 2014, 5:11 am #429

I don't consider him an artist. He is a scumbag.

Krystal
Site Admin

February 9th, 2014, 5:18 am #430

Even if you consider him an artist he still doesn't have the right to be a child molester.