shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 9:19 pm #41

Back form Avatar. We both liked it a lot, nicely done. I think it's better to see it 3D as it's really beautifully done. Nice shots but not too agressive or planned as they ysyally are in these short 3D films. The plot itself didn't bring anything new, but it was OK. I hope for more 3D movies like that.

The trailers we saw:
Iron Man 2 - cannot wait.
Shrek 3 or 4? - not sure, I think we'll wait for a DVD
Alice in Wonderland - really want to see it

and the BEST part was Glee promo! It starts here in January and they do try to promote it. Imagine the huge screen and our Sue being disgusted :)

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 9:41 pm #42

Dax wrote:>> Now I can't even recall but think this is the one filmed in Chicago with the huge truck explosion right downtown? That was awesome.

Hmmm... No, not Iron Man...

OK, now you are driving me nuts, which had all the Chicago back drop and a big tractor trailer than exploded and flipped over right downtown? I loved that one.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 10:20 pm #43

Angelina Jolie and the cute hottie McAvoy? Wanted?

Just guessing, as I remember overground from the film.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2010, 5:10 am #44

We just watched "The Orphan" and it was much better than I expected. It was not a horror movie but a sort of psycho drama. Thumbs up for this one if you like that type of movie.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2010, 2:10 pm #45

Loved Slumdog Millionaire. I thought it had a great story.

Loved Iron Man and MY RDJr.

Just saw Chuck Palahniuk's Choke on HBO and I really liked it. Anjelica Huston was a hoot!

Last night I saw Marley and Me and cried like a baby. I put off watching the movie because of the horrible reviews but it just goes to show you that reviews aren't necessarily a good thing to go by when trying to decide what to see. I thought the movie was wonderful. Very touching story and I loved the cast. Of course I'm a dog lover and Marley reminds me of a combination of all 3 of the dogs I have/had. :dancingdog:
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2010, 3:20 pm #46

Slumdog will be on our TV in two weeks, so I'll try not to forget and watch.

Marley & Me - read the book, loved the book and I plan to watch it, too. I like JA a lot and I already saw the trailer and few scenes and as a dog lover&owner, I'm sure I'll like it. I cried over the book, too. Also, I "suggested" the book to my husband and he loved it, too. I do recomment the book to any dog lover / owner as you'll find your dog there somewhere.

Dax
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2010, 6:28 pm #47

Marley & Me works. It's a simple, identifiable-to-anyone-that's-ever-had-a-pet-in-the-family story, and they told it well.

(I only objected to the part where the vet tells him he MAY have to say goodbye, and Wilson gets in his car and leaves... now, dramatically, we know what they were doing - that WASN'T 'it', so you don't want to have to see that scene played twice, but... nobody WOULD just leave at that point... they're going to go back in and have one of those awful 'just in case' goodbye scenes...)

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2010, 6:32 pm #48

Dax wrote:Marley & Me works. It's a simple, identifiable-to-anyone-that's-ever-had-a-pet-in-the-family story, and they told it well.

(I only objected to the part where the vet tells him he MAY have to say goodbye, and Wilson gets in his car and leaves... now, dramatically, we know what they were doing - that WASN'T 'it', so you don't want to have to see that scene played twice, but... nobody WOULD just leave at that point... they're going to go back in and have one of those awful 'just in case' goodbye scenes...)
ITA. You couldn't drag me out of the vets office if my dog may not make it through the night. I would beg to stay with the animal and at the very least put up a serious fight and then a long tearful 'just in case' goodbye. It's funny that you caught that too Dax. It didn't feel right the way it played out on screen.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2010, 6:36 pm #49

I think that it was different in the book. I'll try to find out.

Dax
Site Admin

January 2nd, 2010, 8:00 pm #50

>> It's funny that you caught that too Dax. It didn't feel right the way it played out on screen.

Very false note. Rang SO untrue. Again, I understand WHY they didn't have him go right back in... (don't spend it too soon, don't repeat a scene), but when he starts to get in his car, I'm yelling at him - 'WTF? Where are you GOING? Marley NEEDS you, get back in there immediately, you stupid asshole!'...

Easily fixed if he'd just started to go back inside. We don't have to SEE his visit with the dog, just know that he'd had one...