Krystal
Site Admin

January 3rd, 2011, 8:30 pm #371

OK, I am posting here instead of previous threads. Rented "The Other Guys" with Will Ferrell. It was so putrid we turned it off after 10 minutes.

[Dax: Gate moved this from the announcement forum to here]
Last edited by Krystal on January 6th, 2011, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

lexilou
Elite Members

January 4th, 2011, 12:22 am #372

I love Mark Walburg, but that movie looks stupid. I just don't like Will Ferrell at all. Do you know how many times the family watched Elf this Christmas? Too many! And everywhere we went they had to look for the dvd. Thank goodness it was sold out everywhere!

Oh, I should ask, is this thread meant for discussions of movies based on books? Or just a generic thread for movies and books?

[Dax: This originally appeared following Krystal's post in another forum. Gate moved it here.]
Last edited by lexilou on January 6th, 2011, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

January 4th, 2011, 12:37 am #373

I like Walburg also which was the only reason I rented this. Then it starts with Samuel Jackson and "the Rock", yelling at one another in some car chase which was ultra lame. Then to Ferrell and Walburg supposedly meek cops, lame lame lame.

I haven't liked much of Ferrel's work either, Roxbury was OK, and the skating movie, OK. bedega nights or whatever was awful but not as bad as this one.

[Dax: Originally on another forum, moved here. Spelling - Ferrell. Wahlberg. Talladega Nights.]
Last edited by Krystal on January 6th, 2011, 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dax
Site Admin

January 4th, 2011, 12:53 am #374

>> Oh, I should ask, is this thread meant for discussions of movies based on books? Or just a generic thread for movies and books?

This thread was an announcement that there is now a movie/book section.

>> OK, I am posting here instead of previous threads.

I thought that was an odd move. The movie thread is still the best spot.

I love Will Ferrell.

I'm 'eh' on Mark Wahlberg as an actor... loved him in Boogie Nights, have liked him in some things (The Departed) and hated him in others (The Big Hit)... his tv co-producer resume is pretty incredible now, though, with his company in part bringing out HBO's Boardwalk Empire, In Treatment, Entourage, and How To Make It In America...

I imagine I'd enjoy The Other Guys, but it'll probably be quite awhile before I get around to seeing it..

[Dax: This was in that wrong spot, and then gate moved it here, so it's no longer applicable.]
Last edited by Dax on January 6th, 2011, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

lexilou
Elite Members

January 4th, 2011, 1:02 am #375

Dax wrote:>> Oh, I should ask, is this thread meant for discussions of movies based on books? Or just a generic thread for movies and books?

This thread was an announcement that there is now a movie/book section.
Well color me embarassed! I get it now! Thanks Gate for the section and Dax for pointing it out!

blosslover
Site Admin

January 4th, 2011, 2:10 am #376

I think if you know what it is going in "the other guys" is enjoyable. If you don't like that kind of comedy avoid it. The first ten minutes is what I didn't pay attention to as I was still online and everyone else had started watching it. The premise is about Ferrell/Walberg and Jackson and The Rock have basically cameos.

Dax
Site Admin

January 4th, 2011, 4:08 pm #377

Except since Gate moved it, everything I said (that wasn't about the movie or Ferrell or Wahlberg in general) to answer lexilou is a 'never mind'...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 4th, 2011, 5:27 pm #378

Dax wrote:Except since Gate moved it, everything I said (that wasn't about the movie or Ferrell or Wahlberg in general) to answer lexilou is a 'never mind'...
I'm sorry. I should have put it under the Movie thread ... and now I did. ;)
Last edited by Gatekeeper on January 4th, 2011, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

January 4th, 2011, 7:04 pm #379

I finally got around to seeing 'Red' yesterday at the $1.50 theater. I loved it. It was great fun and I like fun.
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

tgir
Site Admin

January 5th, 2011, 4:20 am #380

Just saw The Kids are All Right which was really good. Hubby pointed out that he felt a bit deceived: it wasn't so much a laugh out loud kind of funny as the previews made it seem. However, it was a realistic, sad/funny/wry/hopeful movie about a family and a marriage. Excellent casting and performances all around.

Quick edit to add: there's a decent amount of sex in it so be forewarned if that will bother you. Also hubby noted that at our only local video rental place, you have to be 18 to rent The Kids are All Right but not to rent Hot Tub Time Machine (which was a guilty, funny but would have been twice as funny with half the vulgarity) which also had a similar amount of sex. Please note: This is not an endorsement of Hot Tub Time Machine which is a pretty sophomoric, vulgar film but I wanted to see something stupid and schlocky and this fit the bill because I was in the mood for it.
Last edited by tgir on January 5th, 2011, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.