Dax
Site Admin

December 25th, 2010, 10:44 pm #331

I love Chase's Vacation and Christmas Vacation (and have soft spots for the second and fourth, too, though not great movies) and Fletch...

There's Something About Mary and Kingpin are very funny, yes. And Home Alone.

I didn't hate the first couple Fockers movies. They're funny enough.

De Niro in comedy took a little getting used to, and there have been some bad ones, absolutely, but my respect for him hasn't diminished any.

Cheryl
Elite Members

December 26th, 2010, 1:53 am #332

Well we watched the entire Avatar movie tonight. I agree that it wasn't the second coming it was cracked up to be but it was pretty good. Biggest complaint was the length, there was no need for it to be so interminably long. I think hubby enjoyed it more than me.

Speaking of Bruce Willis, one of my fave Bruce Willis movies and movies period was a comedy he did with Billy Bob Thornton and Cate Blanchett called Bandits. OMG, I thought this movie was brilliant. But no one I know has ever seen it!

I loved the first Meet The Parents movie. The second was kinda dull and I doubt I will even see "Little Fockers" although the name does make me laugh.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Dax
Site Admin

December 26th, 2010, 7:42 am #333

I liked Bandits, but don't remember it that well...

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 26th, 2010, 10:00 pm #334

I'm going to the movies tomorrow and I need suggestions please. So what is out there that I would like?
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 27th, 2010, 12:24 am #335

True Grit and Black Swan are getting great reviews.

Dax
Site Admin

December 27th, 2010, 12:52 am #336

Black Swan is good... I fully expect True Grit to be, too...

I'd like to get to Harry Potter 7 soon... and I think Tron: Legacy should be fun...
Last edited by Dax on December 27th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheryl
Elite Members

December 27th, 2010, 3:53 am #337

Gatekeeper wrote:I'm going to the movies tomorrow and I need suggestions please. So what is out there that I would like?
True Grit has a 94% rating at Rotten Tomatoes right now. That's practically unheard of......it MUST be good! That's next on my list. I would suggest The Tourist with your boyfriend Johnny Depp but the reviews are godawful for it and even the trailer didn't make me want to see it. There's always Gulliver's Travels, Tron, or Yogi Bear....lol. Let us know what you chose!

So we watched another movie on cable tonight--The Messenger with Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson. A little dark, a little strange. I definitely would NOT recommend it for anyone with children or family in the military right now!

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Dax
Site Admin

December 27th, 2010, 4:47 am #338

Yogi Bear looks beyond terrible. But this is very funny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6w0r-Sc ... e=youtu.be

Krystal
Site Admin

December 27th, 2010, 5:03 am #339

NY Times really panned the Tourist, they said it was just a posing trip for AJ and Depp was not great in it either.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 27th, 2010, 12:17 pm #340

Thank you guys. I heard the Tourist is terrible and I'm not sure how much I want to see MY man with Angelia. ;)

I can't stand Westerns so I may have to pass on True Grit.

I'm thinking Black Swan or Harry Potter. I know I want to see Harry Potter but it's in limited release now.

~~~

We saw It's Complicated with Meryl Streep and Alex Baldwin on HBO last night. It was not very good. Very disappointed.

Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.