Cheryl
Elite Members

December 12th, 2010, 3:21 am #311

Krystal wrote:The first Rocky was OK but that was about it for me and Stallone. He's had a lot of bad plastic surgery and the blow on tan, he looks like a freak now I'm afraid.
So true about the plastic surgery. Hey, has anyone seen John Travolta lately? Talk about plastic surgery gone bad. He's downright freaky looking! :eek:

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

December 12th, 2010, 5:54 am #312

Ugh, yes, Travolta looks Revolta. Overdone plastics on a woman are bad enough but somehow it is even worse on a guy.

Cheryl
Elite Members

December 14th, 2010, 1:44 am #313

Krystal wrote:Splice, see if you like Sci Fi, a really good one with Adrian brody. Gate, this one is for you!
I just now saw this as I was waiting for the page to download. Howard Stern has been raving about this movie as well. And he said that Stephen King put it on his best 10 movies of the year. I had never even heard of it and now I want to see it!

So true about plastic surgery looking worse on guys. Somehow it just seems even more pathetic.
Last edited by Cheryl on December 14th, 2010, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

December 14th, 2010, 5:00 am #314

Yes, do see it. It is really thought provoking.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 21st, 2010, 5:22 am #315

Iron Man 2, didn't like it, even though I did like the original. Not enough plot and just too many things blowing up for no reason. I also find Paltrow's performances very woody. Plus she is doing wierd things to her face as well.

True Grit, the original. Thought we'd see it then get the new one when it comes to DVD. Still holds up, will be interesting how/if they change the young woman's characer. She was spunky but not real capable.

tgir
Site Admin

December 21st, 2010, 5:29 am #316

I am sure I will see True Grit when it comes to my area. Or at least I hope I am.

I remember seeing the original (and liking it for the most part) and even reading the book. To be honest, I didn't like the book very much. Perhaps I was the wrong age, but I found the dialogue to be very wooden. I was young, sure, but I also soaked up Jane Eyre, Shakespeare, Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer to name a few, so I don't think it was that it was a period piece or because of the dialogue. Of course that's been...oh my: 40 years now? Every bit of that.

Did enjoy the movie. Glen Campbell wasn't much of an actor but I remember that the theme was a big hit on the charts. A lot of movie themes were back then: Everybody's Talking at Me; Mrs. Robinson, Impossible Dream, even (from Broadway). Different times
Last edited by tgir on December 21st, 2010, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 23rd, 2010, 4:07 pm #317

Inception: did not like it much. it gave me a headache to follow, it was too long and depended too much on special effects vs plot. Thought most of the actors did a good job though.

Dax
Site Admin

December 24th, 2010, 9:18 pm #318

I also found Inception tough to follow in parts, but don't think there's any LACK of plot... there's plenty, to go with all of those dazzling effects.

I liked it, probably a lot, but I'm thinking my opinion may change on it (in which direction, I'm not sure) with a second viewing and thorough examination of the dvd extras...

I saw Black Swan the other day. It was really good (I haven't seen Aronofsky's The Wrestler yet). I love Natalie Portman, and Mila Kunis, and ballet dancers in general.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 24th, 2010, 10:04 pm #319

We actually watched a very oldie, Seven days in May last night. Just awed by the fact that it had no special effects but was far better in my opinion than a lot of the "big hits' today.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

December 24th, 2010, 11:50 pm #320

Dax wrote:I saw Black Swan the other day. It was really good (I haven't seen Aronofsky's The Wrestler yet). I love Natalie Portman, and Mila Kunis, and ballet dancers in general.
My daughter saw Black Swan and is raving about it. I just don't know if I want to go see it this holiday season being that it's so dark ... or should I say that my daughter gave me the impression it was chilling and dark.

I loved Inception.

I saw parts of Jim Carrey's The Grinch last night. I love that movie. :rudolph:
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.