Cheryl
Elite Members

December 30th, 2009, 5:02 am #31

I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire tonight. Good Lord, that kid went through hell! Loved the music.....and the story. My hubby soooooo did not want to watch but he thanked me after it was done and said "Good movie". :clap:

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 30th, 2009, 9:03 pm #32

My own Twilight DVD has finally arrived today and we've just finished watching it. MY hubby didn't thank me but he said "not as bad as I expected" - he blames me for overhyping it for him in the last weeks - both books and films.

We've got the tickets for Avatar for tomorrow as I mentioned and I think the next is Nine, at least I hope so.

Not a film, but film related - There's a Breakfast at Tiffany with Anna Friel adaptation ending Jan 9 in London. I really wanted to go, but they don't have the tickets for two anymore, so I'm thinking about going alone.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Krystal
Site Admin

December 30th, 2009, 10:14 pm #33

I thought Slumdog may have been over hyped but when we saw it we both liked it a lot.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 8:44 am #34

We wanted to go to see Slumdog but the hype was killing it for me. Not sure about US, but here in the UK, I felt it was everywhere, couldn't escape it. But I got to like the music from it a lot.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

Dax
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 9:11 am #35

I saw Where The Wild Things Are yesterday. Liked it a lot, but maybe not as much as I hoped I would... heard/had read a lot about a big Love It/Hate It divide, and though I fell MORE on the positive side, it's more honest to say I'm in the middle on it, and I expected I'd be more passionately pro. Oh, well.

Finally saw Iron Man tonight, on dvd. Very entertaining ride, Downey was really funny, liked Bridges as the bad guy.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 9:15 am #36

Iron Man was great, looking forward to the new one a lot.

as for the new ones, I think I'd liek to see Hugh Grant and SJP, don't remember the name, but it should be a romantic comedy.

Marg
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 2:51 pm #37

Guess I'm in the minority here. Did not really care for Slumdog Millionaire at all. Thought it was overrated and the acting nothing exceptional. It certainly didn't deserve all the awards it received. Of course, I detest reality shows so that probably influenced my viewing.

Krystal
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 3:39 pm #38

Iron Man, really liked it and usually do not like the comic book type action stuff. Hated Spider Man. Now I can't even recall but think this is the one filmed in Chicago with the huge truck explosion right downtown? That was awesome.

Hate romantic comedy so I'll pass on the Grant thing but it has been getting huge pans anyhow.

Saw a terrible cop movie last night "12 Rounds". AVOID IT.

Jenni
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 6:48 pm #39

Took the kids to see the Chipmunks Sqeakquel Tuesday. It's a great kids movie. My kids absolutely loved it.

Dax
Site Admin

December 31st, 2009, 7:15 pm #40

>> Now I can't even recall but think this is the one filmed in Chicago with the huge truck explosion right downtown? That was awesome.

Hmmm... No, not Iron Man...