bilki
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 9:52 pm #211

blosslover wrote:When I think of Top Gun, I think about watching it in school, and being forced to fast forward the love scenes by the teacher. We were the class that misbehaved at lunch and got to watch Top Gun while the other kids watched a Disney movie as a reward. For that reason alone I like the movie. LOL
LOL! I can see having to watch Top Gun as a punishment but I don't know that I'd consider watching a Disney movie a reward.

We got to watch Bye, Bye Birdie when I was in school. I'm pretty sure that was the first movie I've seen, as my parents did allow me to go to the theater.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 10:24 pm #212

I liked tp Gun for the flying but Cruise did not do it for me as the romantic lead. Never has.

blosslover
Site Admin

July 11th, 2010, 10:34 pm #213

I liked the flying, the music and Goose and Iceman. I didn't watch care for Cruise either way.

Cheryl
Elite Members

July 12th, 2010, 3:51 am #214

bilki wrote:
blosslover wrote:When I think of Top Gun, I think about watching it in school, and being forced to fast forward the love scenes by the teacher. We were the class that misbehaved at lunch and got to watch Top Gun while the other kids watched a Disney movie as a reward. For that reason alone I like the movie. LOL
LOL! I can see having to watch Top Gun as a punishment but I don't know that I'd consider watching a Disney movie a reward.

We got to watch Bye, Bye Birdie when I was in school. I'm pretty sure that was the first movie I've seen, as my parents did allow me to go to the theater.
Isn't that funny the different movies we watched when we were in school? I remember watching Jesus Christ Superstar (yes, this definitely dates me!) and breaking it down song by song, discussing the lyrics, etc. It was fascinating and such an interesting class. They're probably not even allow to discuss such things today!
Last edited by Cheryl on July 12th, 2010, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Krystal
Site Admin

July 15th, 2010, 1:31 am #215

Finally saw Shutter Island and liked it a lot. I had read the book but could not recall the ending well. The book was even better, scary, but had the same depressing ending. I used to hate Leo C but now I am starting to like him more.

Also saw Dolan's Caddilac, a so so vengence movie. Better than some I have seen lately but not great.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 16th, 2010, 4:48 am #216

Wow, found an outstanding sleeper, one I have never heard of. "Peacock", Ellen Page, about a man who was schizo, he was himself and his wife. Really tense Hichcock like.

shelle_cr
Site Admin

July 19th, 2010, 6:06 pm #217

Inception anyone?

I LOVED the film so much. Leo is beyond great and awesome, the story is just superb and I have to see it few more times again to completely understand it.

It's a must-see film of 2010. You really have to see it. Be ready, it's long and you cannot miss a single second, quite complicated.

100 % / ***** - not sure what ranking system we have here.

The Princess and the Sailor - board dedicated to Carly & Bo from Days of our lives

blosslover
Site Admin

July 19th, 2010, 11:50 pm #218

How long is it? I want to see it, but I didn't get to the movies this past weekend.

Krystal
Site Admin

July 21st, 2010, 5:20 am #219

Another good one, Brooklyn's finest, Richard gere and Ethan Hawke.

KMInfinity
Site Admin

July 21st, 2010, 1:55 pm #220

I hated Memento and a couple others by Inception director Nolan...... will def wait to see this on TV.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!” — The Doctor, S2E2