Krystal
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2010, 7:38 pm #171

Ok so we saw Blind Side last night. Again, I do not get the hype about this movie. I thought it was OK, Bullock was good (did not deserve an oscar for it).

This and Up In The Air were very disappointing to me considering the hype and I have to say if these movies got Academy noms it only shows Hollywood is not making very many good ones.

Krystal
Site Admin

April 26th, 2010, 3:00 pm #172

OK, saw one I liked last night "The Box", Cameron Diaz. Sort of Sci Fi but not really easy to categorize, but very suspensful and remarkably good.

Cheryl
Elite Members

May 9th, 2010, 2:48 am #173

We saw Iron Man 2 today and both hubby and myself were wayyyy disappointed. The first one was terrific but this one was lacking. We think the story was really weak. It's too bad because Mickey Rourke was a great villain and RDJ is fabulous. But without a good storyline, it doesn't matter about the silly special effects, it just kinda sucks. :'(

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 9th, 2010, 3:50 pm #174

Cheryl wrote:We saw Iron Man 2 today and both hubby and myself were wayyyy disappointed. The first one was terrific but this one was lacking. We think the story was really weak. It's too bad because Mickey Rourke was a great villain and RDJ is fabulous. But without a good storyline, it doesn't matter about the silly special effects, it just kinda sucks. :'(
Yeah here is one of the headlines ~ 'Iron Man 2': Slick but unspectacular
Don't hate the slayer ... Hate the Game.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 24th, 2010, 1:31 am #175

We rented Avatar, of course not in 3D. I thought the first hour was boring and don't care if it had been in 3 D, I am not that taken with special effects. i got in to it some later, but the plot was so ho hum and there were so many scenes stolen from other films I was not that impressed. Another film for pre teens.

Daybreakers, a vampire film with a good cast, daFoe and ethan hawke. Decent, better than most of it's type.

Edge of Darkness, Mel Gibson, predictable, OK if there is nothing else to rent.

Of the 3 above, i liked the vampire flick the most.

Krystal
Site Admin

May 27th, 2010, 8:25 pm #176

Sexand City 2, really getting panned, even in AZ where the women are as stupid and self absorbed as this bunch. We had rented the first one and it was God Awful, can't imagine sitting through 2 1/2 hours of another.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 27th, 2010, 9:35 pm #177

Krystal wrote:Sexand City 2, really getting panned, even in AZ where the women are as stupid and self absorbed as this bunch. We had rented the first one and it was God Awful, can't imagine sitting through 2 1/2 hours of another.
I can't even watch the commercial for Sex 2. It just seems soooo trivial.

I don't see anything on the horizon that can hold my interest or wallet to view at the theater. Maybe that will change but for now I'm sticking to a good book instead.

Gatekeeper
Site Admin

May 31st, 2010, 8:19 pm #178

LOL ... I see 'Shrek Forever After' beat Sex II. Go Shrek!

Dax
Site Admin

June 1st, 2010, 2:35 am #179

Just watched Capitalism: A Love Story.

Worked well as a horror movie, comedy, and tearjerker.

Cheryl
Elite Members

June 1st, 2010, 4:27 am #180

I thought the first SATC was great. I mean.......if you were a fan of the show I don't see how you couldn't like the movie. If you were NOT a fan of the show, I can see where it wouldn't be your cup of tea. I'll probably go see it next weekend, panned or not. I love the girls, the outfits, the laughs......all of it. And I'm on Team Aidan!!!

We watched Duplicity on cable this weekend with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Now that was one godawful, confusing movie. Even the gorgeous CO couldn't save it for me.

HOT, HOT, HOT, SMOKIN' HOT!!!!